E=Amiga4ever;11698]No. AI isn't finished yet. This is still alpha build :))

Damn, people keep misunderstanding me when I mention this... :)

I know its only alpha and the new AI wasn't implemented as planned, but for me the AI in v9 is now completely gone, whereas in v8.9 the aliens moved and performed reaction fire. Im assuming that this is a bug, and wondered if everybody is experiencing it or not.

- Fire System: There is now support in the game and terrain editor for flammable items. As yet we don't have waist-high grass in the game, so there's no massive firestorms caused by detonating a rocket in a field of hay, but the code is there for it. A unit will take 30 damage on entering a tile with fire in it, and 30 damage if he starts a turn in a tile that is on fire. This is mitigated by armour's incendiary resistance. I'm not sure the pathfinding has been updated for this though - please post up bug reports if you see troops merrily strolling through an inferno and getting injured as a result.

This is the best news I've heard yet.

No. AI isn't finished yet. This is still alpha build :))

I know its only alpha and the new AI wasn't implemented as planned, but for me the AI in v9 is now completely gone, whereas in v8.9 the aliens moved and performed reaction fire. Im assuming that this is a bug, and wondered if everybody is experiencing it or not.

I haven't got much reaction fire ATM, but it did happen that at least some of them fired back (i am sure that the one who fired back was a guard, so maybe on the non-combatants doesn't react)

Yup we are all experiencing the non moving AI.

I would imagine its all down to the new AI. Because the old AI was just a basic model and not what Chris and his team wanted they hired a new AI programmer recently. So they probably took out the old AI and started implementing the new AI. So what we got at the moment is half the new AI, which can't move.

So its not a bug, its just the unfinished new AI.

I am having big problems downloading XENONAUTS with desura, but only when it try to download the last file (i think), that is size is around 90-100 MB (dlc or something), it last for ever. I downloaded whitout desura V8.9.1 (565,479 KB), I would love if I could download manually also the actualizations and the others files needed to paste manually the files in XENONAUTS folder.

Thanks in advance

(DESURA released a manual download of V9, I am downloading right now)

Edited by PEJOCAAL

Quick question regarding the Chinook:

Are there plans to allow us to zoom to a level high enough to see the rotor blades? It's a bit of an immersion killer for me when I shift the camera to ~3rd-story height and all I see are the stumps of the Chinook's rotor hubs. You could always see the full Skyranger in X-COM if you went high enough, and that was really nice.

Edited by TheTuninator

Quick question regarding the Chinook:

Are there plans to allow us to zoom to a level high enough to see the rotor blades? It's a bit of an immersion killer for me when I shift the camera to ~3rd-story height and all I see are the stumps of the Chinook's rotor hubs. You could always see the full Skyranger in X-COM if you went high enough, and that was really nice.

Thought you could already do this? If not, then yes, it'll be in the next build. It works in the dev build.

Hi all,

I just wondered if there's a way to roll back to v8.9 as at the moment the game is practically unplayable for me, sadly. Yes it's more stable and there are some nice new additions, but the lack of any sort of alien activity in the ground battles renders them pointless.

Ideally, is there a file that dictates the alien spawns and AI that I could manually change back to the 8.9 version, so each map spawned several Caesans who at least moved and fired, rather than the 2 static Sebillians I currently get every time? The file which lists the AI characters (is it the settings file, I'm at work so can't check just now) didn't seem to have any effect when I edited it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

Nice update :D hope you guys get the funding thing sorted (still insane that Schafer got in 1.25 million $ in under 3 days). Maybe register Goldhawk as a company in the states as well, so you don't get into any issues with your artist?

Also, can't wait to see the UFO crash sites :D I remember how in old X-Com you'd wander around the map going "hmm where is it", then you found a big hole in a building wall and go "hmmm" and then follow the trail of destruction through the area till you foudn the UFO. Now that was great :D

"Schafer 1.25 million dolars"...what is this about?