V20 Stable Released!

A very, very minor quibble. The Alien Interrogation/Sebillian Analysis from your first capture presented itself a little "out of order" for me. For example, the Alien Intrerrogation stated he was captured, then ended up killing himself. Shortly afterward, I had the Sebillian Analysis completed and it was providing description as if it was still alive and the image showed it held in an alien containment facility. I'd just make sure the Sebillian Analysis kicked off first, then the Alien Interrogation. If memory serves correctly, the interrogation was present when I returned to base, but I can't remember if I had to research the Sebillian Analysis.

Additionally, I'd think it useful to be able to call up the last monthly funding report.

P.S. Thank you for the option of riot shields for capturing. Genius!

Edited by Buatha

Hi, mandatory first post :-)

I jumped on the bandwagon late after playing the demo ages back (work and other boring stuff got in the way - as they do..) and have only really been playing since V19.

Am really enjoying the game and the new V20 Stable. Have been playing it for a day or so and so far I have noticed the following;

- In the hire/fire screens it is not possible to recruit engineers (not sure if this is the same for scientists) if there is no workshop capacity (but living space is available). I noticed this while trying to recruit engineers for a workshop that was due to be completed in a day.

- Although I really like the new recruitment screen (and the rest of the base screens), the old way of seeing if a soldier was carrying too much weight was easier (bar went red). Now you have to look mat the time units. Minor issue and I suspect comes down to taste.

- When in dog fight mode, for some reason the Foxtrot seems to re-enable its missiles once they are in range (they go from red back to green without me clicking on anything - I disable them so light scouts dodge a sidewinder first etc). I need to check this more however.

- Transfer screen still has hashes in place of text on the transfer button.

- Zero's on tactical combat results screen (easy to fix, I just edited the score file with the values from V19).

- Minor quibble, in the Ufopedia, the number of crew is stated for each given for each Ufo - so far I have had light scouts with more crew than listed (for one there were 5 dead in the UFO and I took out around 5 others during the course of the mission). Total was more than the listed crew in the Ufoapedia.

Great game, really enjoying it.

In the launcher is this build identified a certain way? It said v20 and was released on the 24th, but it took up 5GB still, and aliens had no grenades, and it crashed a lot. So I wasn't sure if I had an experimental version. I should have been opted out of experiments.

Right now it doesn't matter if you are using experimental or non experimental branch,because this is stable build which meas that it is the same both for user who are using experimental branch and those who don't use it.Also aliens start throwing grenades in mid game or late mid game depends on how fast you are progressing when you play,Also installation of game is 1.9GB but when installed it takes about 2 GB or something like that,so you are doing something wrong.About crashing .... try re-installing game,that solved CTD issues for me and almost everyone else.

I spent over 10 hours with V20s and I noticed a few bugs so far:

1. CTD when I try use right-click to transfer a lot of goods to other base

2. I have 3 marauders with fusion tech, when I use autoresolve, I can beat 3 and more massive ufos without returning to base (e.g. after 3 won battles, the next I tried tactical-mode and I had full ammo)

3. valkyrie dropship:

- soldiers wearing armour without jetpack must be set on the edge of drop-pod otherwise we can't move them (I tried with predator armour)

- after deployment phase there is alien turn (if I attack, i think mine turn should be first)

Thanks for a great work!

Before I post these in the bug forum, I wanted to check if anyone has also seen this;

1). Base attack, soldier wearing wolf armour equips to use C4 -sprite switches to normal armour sprite. Switches back when equipping another item.

2). Also base attack, Shield missing form sprite when equipped with Wolf armour - juts looks like the soldier is carrying nothing.

Before I post these in the bug forum, I wanted to check if anyone has also seen this;

1). Base attack, soldier wearing wolf armour equips to use C4 -sprite switches to normal armour sprite. Switches back when equipping another item.

2). Also base attack, Shield missing form sprite when equipped with Wolf armour - juts looks like the soldier is carrying nothing.

I believe both of these have been reported more than once. I've seen #1 myself.

Are Aliens throwing grenades through UFO doors again, or am I missing some new mechanic?

Anyway, for details, it was the 3rd crashsite of the game, a light scout, full of Sibillians. Went through the mission like normal, and went to breach the Light scout. Normally I huddle 2 Shields and 2 Assaults near the door, others nearby but not too close, and the vast majority of the time 1 turn is more than enough to take out the Light Scout survivors, so no need to worry about grenades. Anyway, the door was closed, and as soon as the turn where I planned to storm the ship started, a huge explosion killed 5 of my Xenonauts, badly wounding 2 others and berserking them, and the other dude was just chillin' by the tree. Door survived the blast. :P

The mission wasn't going very smoothly, and after that I kinda rage quit. I'm pretty damn sure there were no more aliens outside the craft, and there certainly wasn't one anywhere near the ship, since I checked with the only sane soldier left, so unless they teleported, it was from inside the ship.