I need help installing this on OSX 10.8.5

I've been searching the forums for mac issues and can't find anything about installing problems, unless the search bar isn't showing me what I need to find.

I have recently downloaded the full DMG installer for mac and cannot get it to install. Anyone having issues installing on mac? The steam client doesn't download any files, so I've had to look for alternative downloads.

talk to the forum user Ko2fan.

afaik he is the resident Mac expert, and (I think) is the one spearheading the Mac version of the game.

Although he doesn't seem to be part of goldhawk so I'm a tad confused about how all of that works :P

Ahh, I see, well I think I figured out my issue, but still haven't got it to work. The desura site's download speed is so slow that it takes far longer to download than it should, any interuption to the download ( computer sleep / network issue ) kills the download. I hope they get a Mac build on Steam, soon.

This flame is old as the Internet itself, and still you are calling it, you want it to start here again?

Don't. Don't you dare to play with the Old Flames, since they will hear you and they will b̷̡͞ų͢͝ŗ͘n̕ ̀́y͞o̕͢ur͜͢ ̨͝h́͜҉è̛a̕҉r͟t͢ ͏͜i̶͢n̵̴͞s͡i̧̡de͟ ̀o̢ųt̵̛͠ ́a͝nd ̛͡é̴͢v̧en̵ ţ͟҉h̷͟͝͞e҉̶͘͜ ̵̡̡͠b̵̕͟͟u̢͢҉͜d̷̢͞d͏̷͏h́́͡͞i̶̢śt̵́͜ ̴̀͝͞͠c̨̀͘͜i̛͟͟͝v́͡ì̸̷ļ̷̢̛͞i̶͜͞a̸͏̛n͏ ̸̵̧͝t҉͟ḩ̕҉̡r̨è̸à̸̢͞d͜͡҉̸ ̴̛͢͝͞

ẃ̶̧̢̨ì̶͟͝l̵͢҉̕ĺ͝͡ ͜͟t̡͏ú̕͠r͠҉n͜͢͏ ͝t͟͝ó҉́ ̢͞͠͏a̴̵͟͏s̷̸̨̡̧ḩ́͡e̷̸̶͘s̨͘

̕͢͠͡͡i̵̧̨͘͞ǹ̸҉̴̡ ̵̨̕͝c̴̵̡͏ò͢͟m̨p̕͢͠á̵̡̀ŗ̕i͏̵̧́͟s̵̀́͟ǫ̕n͘͜͠͠҉

.̶̸̨͝͠

There comes a point where these things get old because you've seen it so many times before, but later, there comes a point where that old stuff becomes fun again.

Anyway, on the subject, I believe both Linux and Mac OS ports are currently somewhat outdated, and hopefully more up to date ones are made for the next version. Unless Goldhawk can find a way to make it work on Steam, which would be even better.