[V18 Hotfix 1 Standalone] No Alien Power Source

HI!

I can't find the Alien Power Source for research. After the Ground-Combat their is no Power Source listed in the Debriefing-Screen. And it is missing on every Mission, even if I could see it in the UFO itself..

This is a major-problem for the research development...or am I wrong?

Does anyone know this problem and is their any solution for it yet?

Thanks

Alien Power Source and Alenium have been rolled into one research project. The first time you take a Scout or Corvette with an intact Alien Power Source (i.e. minor damage when shot down or landed), you get the Alenium project which you can then research.

I have found this impossible to come by so far, I am running with hotfix 2 V18. So far I have restarted 4 times in 4 different countrys I have tried taking alien crafts down with just cannons, just 1 missile and 2 missiles, I also havent managed to land at an alien landing site as it always takes off before I get there. Am I just unlucky lol or does this/can it be changed ot tweaked to have a better chance of the power source staying in tact.

So far I have really enjoyed the game I played excom enemy unknow when it first came out on the amiga and still love the games today even if I am far from being any good at it :).

I did have to wait a little while in two plays of 18.1. Not so long in 18.2 although there have been quite a few Light Scouts too. I take down the scouts with as few missiles as possible and I'll take one out that has suffered minor damage and ta da. Alenium research.

If you're desperate is the issues that allows you to load a battlescape with different criteria still in this build? If it is still there, simply shoot down your scout. Save game. Go to mission. If it isn't minor damage, then reload.

someone will be along in a few moments to say if it's something you can do, as I've noticed changes on a few saved combats over the builds.

Worked in 18.1, and reloaded a Terror mission and got Sebs instead of Androns so most likely.

How long it takes for the next phase of alien ship to arrive does depend on how well you do. Nearly a month and a half in my current game before Scouts. Shot down, as far as I can tell, every Light Scout that spawned (and there were alot).

I shot down a corvette with machine guns, the weakest of the weak, and it still showed up as badly damaged. How do we get minor damage then?

I literally only hit it with four alenium missiles (not torps), and one laser equipped Condor and one gatling gun equipped Condor flying around and strafing the poor alien, eh, fella, until he inexplicably sustained major damage from mere bullets.