[v18] Hidden Movement lockup

First UFO, arctic tileset, i've make it to the house, find two aliens, one in the upper forest, he ran away in the dark, one near the snow vehicle, i've hit him couple of times and he ran away.

Then there was sound of shooting and screen freezed.

Replayed this mission twice and got nothing.

Some kind of debug mode or the events log would help greatly. Something like "sebillian 01 (9,5) snapfire civilian 01 (14,50) hit prop 0212 at 14,52"

Edited by a333

Same issue on first desert battle, light scout, sebillian. Heard 2 shots fired, centered in the FOW, just the lower edge under the unit info was outside the FOW, then froze. From what I could see, the shooter was outside of the UFO.

+1 to the debug mode/log option.

Can confirm but not reproduce this bug.

One thing was common to all such lockups to me - all happened right after some alien fired at something from out of my troops fov.

Update:

I managed to create a save where this bug is reproducible - here (for v18 hotfix1).

How to reproduce - just load and end turn. Alien will shoot and game lock up right after that.

Some things to note - he seems shoot at (and see) my troops through all obstacles and misses do not leave scorched ground tiles.

Edited by Lt_Parsons

What race are you fighting there?

This save:

http://www.filedropper.com/2013-04-07032842

All there is left on the alien side is a zombified person yet occasionally I am getting the hidden movement lock up.

Doesn't happen every time but about 70%.

Zombie is in the building to the bottom right, just hunt it down as normal to get it to crash.

Edit - just tried to finish the mission again, there are only 3 ai controlled things on the map, 2 soldiers and 2 zombie, the two troops were in view and i watched them move, then it went hidden movement and a lock up. 100% something with the zombie on this one.

Edited by Hairyscreech

Getting the same problem.

I`m fighting Sebilians on arctic map. As soon as they start to fire in their turn (frome the dark) - the game frozes. The thing to note is that there is a heavy Sebilian present on the map (the one with plates on shoulders).

This does not happen all the time though. On a third attemp to replay the mission i haven`t got any freezes, probably because i`ve killed all of the aliens in the turn i`ve spotted them.

Finished this mission. The Scout on this map was fully transparent and both i and aliens were able to move and fire through it. It was a real problem to clear the UFO as the game just didn`t allow me to target the last alien inside it. Instead it selected me the whole UFO as the target.

Only when Sebilian moved out of the UFO was i able to kill it.

Here is an archive with two savegames: http://www.okim.nickersonm.com/xeno.rar . One ('turn') is made right before i got to the UFO (notice that it has its doors opened and white snow texture instead of the normal UFO floor).

The second is the autosave made after the mission. Just in case.

Edited by Okim

• 2 weeks later...

I have this happen every once in a while as well.

I have not been able to reproduce it, and it usually happens when the "Hidden movement" image is on screen so I cannot see what is causing it.

According the the windows task manager, the game is still running.

There is no indication that the game has stopped, its as if the game is stuck in a loop of some kind.