Instant Pre-order

Tenzo77

Hey guys,

Just pre-ordered Xenonauts! The Firaxis remake of X-Com was a huge disappointment for me, riddled with silly bugs and watered down to a 'strategy-Lite' abomination that, thankfully, has failed to sell well.

Having played Xenonauts I have to say THANKYOU! for staying true to the genre, and not giving in to the mass market, demographic driven tripe that is now the standard of modern gaming. There are so few good games out there right now (Torchlight 2, FarCry 3 (an ubisoft game no less!) Dishonored) and Xenonauts is right up there with them.

I truly hope this game gets the recognition it deserves come release, and your hard work and sleepless nights rewarded. I am a former games industry QA veteran and will lend my skills to this game as often as I can.

Sincerely,

Tenzo77 (Stu)

Third rule. You don't talk about Fight Club, or spoilers for the game. Unless you really want to. Or it comes up in conversation. Or you're in the modding forum. Or if you use the

tag. Or unless "everyone talks about it anyway". Or if you link to another post with the same spoilers. Or any other reason. Okay, okay, third rule. You politely acknowlege that some people don't want the game spoiled for them.

Amendment to rule one: don't advert bomb some forum and run.

We had some guy post about their game on this forum and he posted three times. none outside his thread, not a mention about xenonauts etc. That was just bad form imo.

Be polite and respectful of others optinions. We got Sinfulvanilla on here that absolutely adores XCOM2012 and while some of the rest of us may not agree with his opinion about how the limitations to the inventory and financial system are brilliant we don't bash him for it. :)

Edited by Gorlom
changed some wording

Amendment to rule one: don't advert bomb some forum and run.

We had some guy post about their game on this forum and he posted three times. none outside his thread, not a mention about xenonauts etc. That was just bad form imo.

Be polite and respectful of others optinions. We got Sinfulvanilla on here that absolutely adores XCOM2012 and while we may not agree with his opinion about how the limitations to the inventory and financial system are brilliant we don't bash him for it. :)

You might want to clarify who "we" is referring to. I don't have a problem with EU either.

I thought the second rule was to look glum & apprehensive like all the soldiers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1836[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1837[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1838[/ATTACH]

I dunno, the lady on the right looks pissed. Like she's gonna go all Sigourney Weaver on the poor alien sods. Not sure if it's the eyebrows or the twitchy eye.

Depending on how limitations were meant I might agree - I personally not liked having to worry about ammo etc, and capturing a live alien for a plasma weapon (save resources on building one) added more excitement. I think the ARC thrower should have gone in the pistol slot, and all the weapons were way too "samey" in terms of stats/effectiveness (not to mention being able to skip laser if you wish), but that's more execution than system. Not being able to just churn out medkits did make the game a bit more challenging and it always felt like there was something I wanted to buy (even if laboratories were pretty useless, etc).

What I really don't like is the strategic layer as a whole when compared to the original & lack of map diversity. And the annoying narrative. And interception not really mattering. And...

This is a bit of a fail question but its been a while since i purchest the game and i can't seem to remember how to download the game.

Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Edit: never mind i found my Desura account.

Also how do i get that shinny preorder medal? :P

Edited by Semo