Instant Pre-order

Tenzo77

Truly that it's possible to have fun with the EU2012 (i've never denied that) and the tactical combat are not that bad actually, it's just the overall experience and strategic layer turned into a fancy interactive storytelling screen.

And about marathoning, interesting game will drag you in, uninteresting will not be able to hold you for long, the rest depends on your will. It's highly subjective, after all.

To be honest, i'm just tired of unadequate retakes of games and movies, when the developers trying to target a new audience while seducting oldmen with honored titles. And then they break our hearts. I've had enough of this.

It would be a solid game be it called with another name. Otherwise - cheap tricks.

Look at XCOM, they have chosen to do theese silly oversized cartoon guns because they need to (so that the player can identify them easily). I think it looks horrible, but it doesn't work with pretty guns since the players wouldn't be able to identify them as easily.

I can't agree. A correctly modeled and drawn weapon is easy to tell apart from another. Especially if you add stylistic aids in terms of exact shade, et cetera. I can tell shotgun aimed opponents apart from rifle aimed ones in other games even at a long distance. Won't even mention real life, where grip is a dead giveaway.

And did they have to make every single soldier look like a complete moron for gameplay reasons too?

Dwell on this for a moment: the ugliness of EU2012 uses the same engine as the visually stunning Mass Effect 3.

It's not a problem with gameplay and identifiable guns. They wanted to make the game appealing to... I don't know who, 10 year olds?

It's actually harder to tell guns apart in EU than in other games, because they all look so moronic and plasticky, and don't trigger any associations with real-life objects.

I can't agree. A correctly modeled and drawn weapon is easy to tell apart from another. Especially if you add stylistic aids in terms of exact shade, et cetera. I can tell shotgun aimed opponents apart from rifle aimed ones in other games even at a long distance. Won't even mention real life, where grip is a dead giveaway.

And did they have to make every single soldier look like a complete moron for gameplay reasons too?

Dwell on this for a moment: the ugliness of EU2012 uses the same engine as the visually stunning Mass Effect 3.

It's not a problem with gameplay and identifiable guns. They wanted to make the game appealing to... I don't know who, 10 year olds?

It's actually harder to tell guns apart in EU than in other games, because they all look so moronic and plasticky, and don't trigger any associations with real-life objects.

That just means you have another set of reference than their demographics. I think you have to have an interest in real life guns and military for HWPs truth to hold true for you as well. As I don't I will disagree with your statement that "correctly modeled and drawn weapon" (I asssume this to mean after real life versions?) are easier to tell apart.

PS: besides, there are no portable real life laser or plasma weapons to model after.

Edited by Gorlom

My favourite thing about EU2012's equipment is how weapons (probably not all) held by women are smaller than the ones in male hands and how female armour is nice and curved while male armour is of the refrigerator-suit type. It's almost as if there is some kind of immature double standard at play there.

In the end the bitter-sweet irony is if EU2012 were the kind of game we (most of us) wanted it would've been bad news for Xenonauts. At least now the town is big enough for both.