It depends on what has been added.

Much of the information for the game is contained in external files.

If the weapon/armour files have been updated and you only updated the exe then you wouldn't have the new files.

Generally a lot of the files aren't altered but quite often they undergo a major change, like when all of the weapon information was changed to tweak the accuracy values.

A lot of the map files change between builds as well when new tilesets, map layouts, and submaps are added.

Once the game is feature complete and bug squashing is the main source of updates then the majority of the files will remain unaltered.

Chris seemed to have the AI fix in hand ready for the next release, so hopefully the issue will be sorted without having to disable the civvies.

It'll be great when the AI gets developed further, that's when the tactical combat will really come to life. Hopefully now that the game's getting closer to a public release the AI will start to see some love...

Yes, it has a built-in timeout. If people are finding it comes too early then we can move it back, but we've not really done much detailed testing on it. Most people haven't been able to get past the hidden movement screen for long enough to do it.

Yes, it has a built-in timeout. If people are finding it comes too early then we can move it back, but we've not really done much detailed testing on it. Most people haven't been able to get past the hidden movement screen for long enough to do it.

Please extend it to October at least or even later. I have played passed August already and dislike the Mandatory 'Game Over'.

It is based on the ticker, but the ticker goes up an unavoidable amount every in-game hour. Is it possible to have Wolf Armour and Laser weapons built and completed before the ticker expires?

Without cheating...barely. Even then I only got the chance to use them once.

I'd say in light of non experienced players or just runs of bad luck (I was exceptionally lucky and only lost the odd soldier or hunter), that another month might give people the chance to actually build a few and use them in more normal missions.

Edited by Buzzles

I had researched Plasma weapons, but what is this power core drop? I shot down 7 scouts and raided them all, but never got a powercore to research. I also never saw a single Corvette before game over.

Have you shot down Light Scouts or actual Scouts? Light Scouts are like cuttlefish and very small, whereas Scouts (the ones with Powercores) are bigger and crescent shaped.