(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

@Nibelung44

Yeah we plan on correcting those typos but we still haven't got time to do that because we had problems with game breaking bugs like Ceasan Leader CTD or dissembling didn't work properly..Also we are working hard for next update which brings fairly big changes so again we don't have enough time to check typos.However we would appreciate help if people start pointing out those typos or corrected them themselves (just open xenopedia.xml and edit typo) and then share that with us.

As for geospace tooltips on weapons .. I have them ready but it needs a bit of readjusting and it turns out being boring as hell to do so even if I have everything written by someone else.And yeah those tooltips of vanilla weapons are inaccurate.

cheeers dude! the first time i faced a omega and after i watched her chew three of my soldiers i was like

NOPE!,Commander NUKE THE SHI$@!T OUT OF THIS PLACE!

Yeah - nuke them from orbit. You have to keep your men at a distance, watch their spacing, and concentrate explosive fires (rockets, grenades, C4). I think 2-3 C4 attacks should do the trick, since I hit it with 1 C4, 2 rockets, and a half dozen grenades. The problem I can't seem to figure out is assaulting landing ships - specifically the command deck. In the first one, I lost the entire 8 man team to 2 androns while assaulting the command deck. In the second one, I lost 9 of 10 operators to 4 Sebillians. After using rockets and C4 in the room, 2 still lived, so I fled with the lone survivor. Any suggestions?

Yeah - nuke them from orbit. You have to keep your men at a distance, watch their spacing, and concentrate explosive fires (rockets, grenades, C4). I think 2-3 C4 attacks should do the trick, since I hit it with 1 C4, 2 rockets, and a half dozen grenades. The problem I can't seem to figure out is assaulting landing ships - specifically the command deck. In the first one, I lost the entire 8 man team to 2 androns while assaulting the command deck. In the second one, I lost 9 of 10 operators to 4 Sebillians. After using rockets and C4 in the room, 2 still lived, so I fled with the lone survivor. Any suggestions?

This is a problem with the configuration of Command room in vanilla perse, Im planning to remake the second floor of command room.

I have a tactic for androns command room.

Throw Smoke grenades inside, use some shields and grenade inside the command room. If you dont like that tactic you can use snipers with patient.

Yes is very hard, I had lot of problems with Landing ships, the design of command room is ... very defensive.

Hey guys, perhaps you would not mind me asking what is the reason for the new aliens to become invisible every now and then, then reappear out of the blue?

I review this problem deeply, this happen in alpha (walker) unit, this seems to be a prpblem with png pivot. I fix about 30 problems in zzz units but only miss one that I never can fix in Alphas.

It happens for me with Omega and the Eggs. Strangely I haven't encountered the others yet (suppose they always get crash-killed or something because of the large number of aliens I'm using overall).

The reason behind my question is perhaps I could get a walkaround for personal use by simply copying the existing graphics and renaming them to cover whatever's missing. I prefer watching awkward frozen aliens than black spots.

First off I would like to say hats off for a fun mod. I joined GHI's forums just to post about your mod today :)

A few questions and please forgive me if they were asked before as I quickly read through this forum.

1) Any reason the stock vanilla G-3AZF "Sniper Rifle" now has bolt action sound effects? is the Graphic supposed to be replaced with some sort of Bolt Action Rifle? If it is to remain the G3AZF can we please get burst fire option with a terribly high TU cost? That weapon in real life is Full auto.

2) I know I might have broken this (I have debugging turned on for items in my current run through) but is the step up from said H&K G3AZF really the Laser Snipers? Is there not a standard Bullet type upgrade like all your others stock weapons?

Lastly, I love the text on all the new aircraft (as well as what appears to be changes to stock ones.) It brought a tear to my eye to see someone else talk about Izdeliye T-10 :)

I am only about a month (game time) into playing right now, Is there going to be an ability to re-arm things like the T-10 etc with other missiles or am I stuck with what I have?

Thanks in advance for all my NOOB questions! I appreciate it!

Thanks for posting specially your first post here ^^

Is nice to know that people outside this forum reach the benefits of our work. We spend lot of time, nights, days, selgald's rages and file manage to complete this build.

I will try to answer your questions the best I can:

First off I would like to say hats off for a fun mod. I joined GHI's forums just to post about your mod today :)

A few questions and please forgive me if they were asked before as I quickly read through this forum.

1) Any reason the stock vanilla G-3AZF "Sniper Rifle" now has bolt action sound effects? is the Graphic supposed to be replaced with some sort of Bolt Action Rifle? If it is to remain the G3AZF can we please get burst fire option with a terribly high TU cost? That weapon in real life is Full auto.

Yes, your completely right, first this is a mistake of vanilla and the game itself. The Heckler & Koch G3AZF is a high accuracy assault rifle, capable to fire semi-automatic rounds, perform long range shot thanks to the scope and usable in close combat, the Goldhawk designers change the things about this weapon a bit. In real life this weapon has ammo capacity of 20 bullets (In the game 10) and shot like a precision rifle (Not semi-automatic). The art of the game is a H&K but the real weapon must be similar to Winchester M70. We put a sound similar to this last weapon to reflect the escape of the empty shell of the bullet when a real sniper rifle shot.

About TU cost is simple, this weapon is not easy to fire but has very long range and exceptional accuracy. If we lower TUs or increase rate of fire in terms of the game this weapon become totally overpowered making other weapons unusable.

Check this link to follow more inconsistencies of Xenonauts.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Xenonauts#Sniper_Rifles

2) I know I might have broken this (I have debugging turned on for items in my current run through) but is the step up from said H&K G3AZF really the Laser Snipers? Is there not a standard Bullet type upgrade like all your others stock weapons?

Ok here is a good point, in question of the engine of the game manage new ammo for weapons cause a lot of crashes and execution failure. The vanilla game build set only one type of ammunition for each weapon, unless if they were a rocket. In few words, the game don't let use work with more ammunition.

Lastly, I love the text on all the new aircraft (as well as what appears to be changes to stock ones.) It brought a tear to my eye to see someone else talk about Izdeliye T-10 :)

Wait to see the spectacular Artwork taht we have for Su-T10 in the next update (Pretty soon! we'r testing right now!)

I am only about a month (game time) into playing right now, Is there going to be an ability to re-arm things like the T-10 etc with other missiles or am I stuck with what I have?

Yes, some aircraft accept different missiles, if you check Xenopedia you will find the compatible list of missiles for all aircrafts.

Thank you so much for write us, any suggestion or experience with the mod is welcome!

Here in this community we have a LOT of players that cooperate with lot of stuff, and we'r so happy to see people helping to make XNT mod greater and better polished.

:cool:

imperials.jpg

Thanks in advance for all my NOOB questions! I appreciate it!

imperials.jpg

imperials.thumb.jpg.8bb112d1b3155eed692f

yoow,

can you focus more on ballistic weapons because in my opinion say that this really happend in 1979 i dont think we have on such a short notice laser weaponry and plasma weaponry even with the alien technology giving science a great boost.

what i do believe is that there would be rather fast developing off new ammo type for the existing weaponry and new balistic guns

dont get me wrong i like this mod very much but a little more off normal weaponry and technology updates would be welcome.

regards,

wtf... I already removed that proyector once. Damn you proyector!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ ɹoʇɔǝʎoɹd

If you see any typos give me a call.

Search in strings.xml for proyector (1 occurence) and remanent (2 occurences). This is used for research and after combat debrief, so irritating for people with OCD like me :)

The proper stats for at least the starting weapons are really a must also.

Yeah yeah we know we are working on it.As for eggs here some tips:

Don't press end button if your soldiers are next to them

It's better to kill them immediately or there are consequences if you wait too long.

Vipers:Is there really need to explain ?If it is here is some description from old thread:

Description:

Caesans had a little dark secret, they found the eternal key of life and at the same time they learn how to produce it. This wonderful mystery of the universe let the caesans build his eternal towers and cities in his home planet, they force the life to cheat on his tide. Now they reach Earth, thanks to "The Protean Alliance" and they are not alone. They create creatures called "Vipers", heavy hunter capable to hunt better than a lion and armored as hell. Commander... I suggest to use tanks and heavy weapons here, never let them reach your soldiers.

Speed: High

Resilience: Moderated to High (Depend on the size of the unit)

Characteristics: Regeneration, Agile body build, Heavy Armored Against kinetic

Damage potential: Physical Kinetic - Moderated

Behavior: Ambusher - Pack attack.

Garglos:

Description:

When sebillian take prisoners never happen in vain, they subject the person to aggressive and painful procedures to make them perfect slaves, they called "Gargol". People in earth is victim from this procedure commander, each time you kill one of this beast remember that they are crying inside partially dead, one time ago they were humans.

Speed: Low - Medium

Resilience: HIGH

Characteristics: Regeneration, High Muscular build, Unblockable, Immune to chemicals

Damage potential: Physical Kinetic - Moderated

Behavior: Shadow ambusher - Support ranged units.

This is more or less accurate and please excuse any grammar mistakes since TD wrote this (and to be frank he must have put a lot of effort to not make any mistake ..... as you can see this is one of those rare moments when his English shines :P:)Not that mine is any better.).

Edited by Sentelin

Lastly, I love the text on all the new aircraft (as well as what appears to be changes to stock ones.) It brought a tear to my eye to see someone else talk about Izdeliye T-10

^^

The engine is not really flexible. This means that I could either allow you to toggle between all missile types for all aircrafts (unbalanced ass hell) or make it as it is now - so that you can't ever change missiles (But they do get auto-upgraded once you get the necessary tech).

On the other hand, you will be able to toggle between cannons when you use advanced aircrafts (saracen, corsair, marauder).

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

Just fought heavy fighter for the first time, so i think i am not afraid any fighters later on. The first one is pushower but how call the heavy which can be outmanouvered by a child and its a fighter c mon. If posible i sugest tsome change to the h. fighter so he at least has a chnce to win 1 vs 1.

From xenopedia: "Ekstraterrestial crafts are fascinating for many reasons, not least their extraordinary manouvering ability. They fighters dance trough the air like greacefull ballerinas...."

just reaserched trusters after fight with "greacefull" fighter :P

Edited by Alewalek

Hello community,

Just wanted to say bye, and refer anyone who would otherwise PM me to TD, Sentelin or Selgald.

Im leaving the team due to external factors (life :P).

So I would like to publicly thank the team and players for the time spent together.

On a brighter note. Here is a list of the references/tributes/easter eggs I smugled into xenopedia. I Wonder if anyone already picked up all of them. These are current for v.5.2 :

- Josh Eales

- Selgald (but also a reference to Selgald's past)

- TD (Sorry Sentelin - I would have added you later if I had the chance)

- two Battlestar Galactica references

- The House Greyjoy of Pyke's: Kraken

- Kabill

- Cheburashka...well that one is pretty obvious, but did you know that there really were a few Soviet aircrafts actually nicknamed Cheburashka? (altough for different reasons than Su in Xenopedia)

- and probably some other stuff that I've already forgotten

- unfortunatelly my proposition of changing the "Andron hit" sound to this

was overruled :P (somebody really needs to mod this in)

well with the next version there are probably gonna be some more, but that won't be my work anymore.

Goodbye community

Just fought heavy fighter for the first time, so i think i am not afraid any fighters later on. The first one is pushower but how call the heavy which can be outmanouvered by a child and its a fighter c mon. If posible i sugest tsome change to the h. fighter so he at least has a chnce to win 1 vs 1.

From xenopedia: "Ekstraterrestial crafts are fascinating for many reasons, not least their extraordinary manouvering ability. They fighters dance trough the air like greacefull ballerinas...."

just reaserched trusters after fight with "greacefull" fighter :P

Thanks alewalek,

Yes your completely right, we balancing high tier UFO aircrafts. :D

We notice this too!

xD!

Thanks for the reminder!