(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

Hello manga!

Thanks for posting, first of all! Can you check if ou are running the correct .exe? take a look if steam dont upgrade the executable.

This issue interest me, can you send us a save file please?

First time i faced the problem was in a ceasan base a day or so ago and manage to get past by throwing in a c4 before the leader could se me, today steam patched the game so i had to reapply the mod to the folder but when i attacked a ceasan cruiser, the same problem occurred.

I start the game with the Xenonauts exe in the games folder, sadly so have i already saved over the save file but will save a copy if i get this problem again, might hunt some ceasans before going to bed.

Last so want i just thank you for a really great mod, really appreciate to be able to play it :)

Thanks guys!

Let me check this Saved game. Please put me here your level of difficulty

Difficulty with that saved game is easy. (everybody reading this, DONT JUDGE, lol)

also TD since you wanted more saves

[ATTACH]4694[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4692[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4690[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4688[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4686[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4695[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4693[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4691[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4689[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4687[/ATTACH]

5 is saved in geopolitical view before I sent dropship to start battle. All other saves are part of the same battle. I hope they are all not corrupt as well, dont want you to waste your time.

battle 5.sav

battke 8.sav

battle two.sav

battle 4.sav

battle.sav

battle 6.sav

nattle 7.sav

battle 3.sav

Aut.sav

5.sav

battle 5.sav

battke 8.sav

battle two.sav

battle 4.sav

battle.sav

battle 6.sav

nattle 7.sav

battle 3.sav

Aut.sav

5.sav

Edited by canshow

Hi THE Team

Just finished a grueling GC against a downed Corvette...

Do you know that a 'live' Sebillian Officer is worth the same as a 'live' Sebillian non-combatant? 500 creds.

This can't be right - Can you have a look at the credit values for live/dead recovery please and thanks.

P.S. LOVING your mod and testing the S**t out of this f****** awesome, bada***, majorly f****** GREAT mod!!!

Keep up the good work - can't wait for the next patch!!! ;)

I will check all the body values!

:D

Thanks very useful!

I really happy that you enjoy the "First Corvette Fight" is quiet hard....

Right now all the bodies are set to dead=300 and alive=500

Is for testing propose.

Edited by TacticalDragon

Yes you need hardering, is the only that left. Sometimes in this game researches get struck like this, you can optional get a solution.

See whats your next current research, put all the Unlock for alloyhardering in that research.

How do I do that?

TD

I love the mod! This is a question not a complaint. If I was going to play from an production standpoint, how would I go about doing that? The profit from sale does not cover the cost of production and labor? So far I have only found one item, the Apollo, (not equipment) that produces enough profit to cover the cost of the labor and upkeep?

"- Economy Factor, prepare multiple factories and sell your mass-produced equipment. (Beware based attacks are frequent)."

maybe alien alloy production is better to place alien tech- not in aircrafts in xenopaedia?

i ask to look more closely atcosts and time of alloys production (else things too).

1 engeneer cost 3000|month

1 alloy cost 30 man|days

cost to build: 1000

sell price:5000.

so: profit 1000|month. when from 1 scout it could be 50000 and corvete 200000.

manufacture is profit?-))

well and there are strange thigs - some advanced weapons need alloys vulcan=3, sulfur=5, but tunderbolt=0, and as strange - doese there laser tech anywhere? thunderbold is laser shotgun as there told, but no lasertechs.

and onesemore question - corvete data core disasembling cost 10000. doese it give anything (and as i see it repeatable thing - no info about what it gives)?

andno descr of damage and other parameters of new rockets inxenopedia and elwhere.

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

TD

I love the mod! This is a question not a complaint. If I was going to play from an production standpoint, how would I go about doing that? The profit from sale does not cover the cost of production and labor? So far I have only found one item, the Apollo, (not equipment) that produces enough profit to cover the cost of the labor and upkeep?

"- Economy Factor, prepare multiple factories and sell your mass-produced equipment. (Beware based attacks are frequent)."

Thank you rage fury!

Manufacture HELP but is not the primary pillar, even if manufacture help you to cover maintenance your getting an extra.

The economy in the game V5.22 is mixed. You need to recover crashes, you need to dissemble UFOs, you need to reach techs and keep the world funding.

Im glad that you like our work! :D

Thank you!

maybe alien alloy production is better to place alien tech- not in aircrafts in xenopaedia?

so: profit 1000|month. when from 1 scout it could be 50000 and corvete 200000.

manufacture is profit?-))

We have experience in Economy balance in the game, I give you some points.

- If manufacture gives too much profit the game will break

- When you reach "Baser Upgrade" the production is rised 50%

well and there are strange thigs - some advanced weapons need alloys vulcan=3, sulfur=5, but tunderbolt=0, and as strange - doese there laser tech anywhere? thunderbold is laser shotgun as there told, but no lasertechs.

This is not a laser weapon, is a Laser Aided weapon, this is a misunderstood. IN game practice all the Single Warhawks and Thunderbolt has Laser Sight that increase in good amount the aim.

and onesemore question - corvete data core disasembling cost 10000. doese it give anything (and as i see it repeatable thing - no info about what it gives)?

This question is made by 5 users in this topic multiple times. I repeat

- The first time you Dissemble a UFO you recover technology.

- The second and other times you repeat the dissembling you get a item in the store "Recovered Corvette Equipement", you can sell this item for HUGE amount of resources.

Thanks kirill

when a ceasan leader tries to shoot the game just crash for me, happends with both regular and reaction fire, anyone know how to fix this ?

I finally found the error with the Caesan Leader

I upload a small change in the last Hotfix update.

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE LAST HOTFIX UPDATE V5.22A

Download HotFix_Update_5.22.rar

This critical hotfix repair

- Landingship dissembling

- Caesan Leader error

* This changes are included in the Core Pack and in the Hotfix

Thank you so much for your report and feedback!

They help us a lot!

Well i actually like this economy system without being so broken...in the original xcom1994 game,after you get the lassers cannon is like:

"council founding?, quien te conoce boludo!?".

This make the mannufacture a little more useful,and not completely "useless" like in vainilla.

I still dont get all the big stuff so i cant tell you about the balance,but if you get issues with this, maybe you could increase the cost of a couple of items of mid/lategame items (like corsairs and shrike or marauders...for example) to achieve balance :)

Crees que el sistema de manufactura esta bien?

Believe me just in the moment when you reach Base Upgrade the world funding is soo damage, manufacture needs to compensate this gap to let the player continue and bypass the barriers throught Tier 3.

In this build is the first time I get a Game Over on veteran, I reach Tier 3+ and the game was very very fun! Punishing! Desperate! And very epic.

bueno,como te explique arriba..aun no logro desbloquear las cosas grandes (plasma) pero hasta ahora lo siento balanceado,no te permite ser totalmente independiente del council..pero si lo suficiente como para ganar cierta independencia y cubrir uno q otro gasto.

Yes i figured out the first time i reached february+ in my first campaing in vainilla...with this..im still getting hurt monthly but without feeling hopeless,so i find its ok,but i was saying is somebody eventually complaint about it,maybe you could adjust the cost(maybe only in veteran and insane levels?)

thanks for unswers.

whats about mamoth torpedo- i can't mount in on foxtrot. it has segale and astra mark2 unchangable

some further reserch trugh?

feelings of thunderbalt shotgun - its better to havr assault rifle(speed of fire) or warhawk (damage) (against armored androns - warhawk is propriate and tale 30-50 damage to greens and shotgun give 20-30).

may be not so mo to test, but assault rifle is pretty H&K-))

feelings of thunderbalt shotgun - its better to havr assault rifle(speed of fire) or warhawk (damage) (against armored androns - warhawk is propriate and tale 30-50 damage to greens and shotgun give 20-30).

may be not so mo to test, but assault rifle is pretty H&K-))

Yes! We take your suggestions about Thunderbolt and we make a small chance for this weapon.

You need to wait for Theon about Aircraft missiles, but I know that you can change Mig31 Missiles because his role is as a long range missile carrier. :D

bueno,como te explique arriba..aun no logro desbloquear las cosas grandes (plasma) pero hasta ahora lo siento balanceado,no te permite ser totalmente independiente del council..pero si lo suficiente como para ganar cierta independencia y cubrir uno q otro gasto.

Exactmente! eso es lo que buscamos. The economy system is supported by more amount of activities, thats give a degree of freedom to the player instead of depend ONLY of worlds funding.

I have alien leader interrogation and singularity core

I will send you a MP with the information. I want that you test something.

exacto dragon,de hecho opino que el uuuuuunico escenario posible para una implementacion mas independiente de un sistema economico derivado de la manufactura seria si por ejemplo se implementara algun tipo de economia como la usada en xenophobia mod compilation(por ejemplo).

A "positive" and strong manufacture economy could only maybe be needed and barely balanced if you need a lot more of micromanagement(pay for grenades,all the weapons,clips,etc), but actually im happy with the explanation they give us for that

("our sponsors backed us with all the weaponry","we have a lot low grade elerium for grenades" and so on.).

Edited by blackwolf

exacto dragon,de hecho opino que el uuuuuunico escenario posible para una implementacion mas independiente de un sistema economico derivado de la manufactura seria si por ejemplo se implementara algun tipo de economia como la usada en xenophobia mod compilation(por ejemplo).

A "positive" and strong manufacture economy could only maybe be needed and barely balanced if you need a lot more of micromanagement(pay for grenades,all the weapons,clips,etc), but actually im happy with the explanation they give us for that

("our sponsors backed us with all the weaponry","we have a lot low grade elerium for grenades" and so on.).

Correcto Lobo, actualmente ya revise Xenophobia, es un buen intento pero facilmente se pueden ganar millones de millones en muy poco tiempo.

In XNT mod we have lot of time testing manufacture, in the V4.6 of this mod we have promote strongly the use of manufacture, but later we find saved games that players send us showing 6-12 bases in the world with HUGE amount of factories, 30 aircrafts, 3 landing squadrons and things like that.

There are too many things in the equation to be considered, but in general

- If manufacture let the player cover the upkeep he can build more bases

- If the player research "Base Upgrade" he can easy surplus the upkeep and make great profit

- If the player get more profit he build more bases they can cover more areas of the world

- If they cover more areas in the world the world funding rise to the max

- If manufacture + Base upgrade + max world funding = Player has nothing to fear, he has millions and millions of resources in the bank.

- If the player has nothing to fear we'r losing the taste and philosophy of XNT.

- If we lose the flavor and path line, we'r doing nothing.

Currently in XNT there are a lot of risk factors, the idea is the player is facing new threats all the time.

If you know what I had plan for V5.3, scary...

All the UFO aircrafts can intercept human transports