Xenonauts - Playable Aliens

Cyph

Okay Okay, i know it is wayyyyy to early to start asking this, but would there be ever be a way to make so that you can play the as The Aliens? Back a while ago there was a project called X-Com: the two sides or something along those lines that had a idea where you use the Alien missions for different objectives, those most notable was using Abduction missions to harvest humans, and then that would be used to research new units. I hope something similar could be made. I also had the idea myself that since the Aliens start with light scouts, when you start out you would have a light scout ufo with a crew of maybe 3-4 Caesan Non-Combatants armed with plasma pistols. Of course there would be alot of re-balancing to be done but hopefully this could be implemented as a total overhaul mod ^.^

EDIT: Ive swapped out the Psion for a Non combatant Caesan, and tried to make the plasma pistol replace the ballistic pistol, but have only had very slight luck with the images. If anyone can help or teach me how to do it correctly, it would be much appreciated!

equip screen

qKFblrO.png

Ground combat

FYUkfkk.png

Edited by Cyph

Yeah I was afraid of that. v^v I don't know how to mod Xenonauts too well >.<' I'll try to see what i can figure what i can do, but hopefully this thread can be a basis for other modders to try out and play with the idea.

Since Solver introduced stat alteration for armour, you could crudely - and I mean very crudely - replicate aliens by creating alien "armours", to be draped across the soldier like a skin. Set the basic armour type to a clone "blank" which is featureless, set all the facial images to blanks as well (a PITA but doable), then each armour "skin" you put on top of the "blank" becomes an alien of that type. None of the special racial abilities would work (apart from jumpack), but that would be the first step.

Just a question of altering all of the current enemies to use human skins and weapons then to have human looking enemies.

Set some of the UFOs to always land and change their spawns to buildings etc to have randomly spawning assault missions.

I quite like the idea of using a requisition resource to have a soldier slot made available to you (same as hiring a soldier now) then using the troops you have available to fill that slot (equip the alien armour).

Wonder if the racial abilities could be tied to armour by solver at some point?

Regeneration or immunity to smoke would be nice.

Research and manufacturing systems can be reworked to provide ways to unlock and hire new troop types.

It could end up being quite an interesting mod.

It would be a lot of work but as a lot of the required resources are already in the game it would be less work than a total conversion would otherwise be.

welp it seems that ive downloaded some mods and installed them, but when i tried to re-install a clean version of the game they wont delete. Any idea how to get a clean install besides going in and deleting everything manually?

that's the problem, with the install now all the mods in their respective places in the assets folder have become the vanilla for some reason. so i cant get just the vanilla files with a uninstall and a reinstall, it just keeps loading in the modded files.

okay, so that worked and im beginning some work on getting the xenonaut units to appear as aliens in the ground combat, ill let you guys know how it progresses. any tips and help are always welcome ^w^

One thing I'd love to see is kind of hot seat multiplayer where two human players take turns to fight each other. Either xenonauts vs. aliens or xenonauts vs. xenonauts.

if there is someone who decides to make a multiplayer i would gladly help them with the aliens portion ^v^

ive run into a bit of a wall on two fronts, one i can't seem the Alien pistol to come into the equip screen, besides ballistic pistol image swaps, and two, all the animations seem to cut and tear every time i do a action. Can anyone provide any help? i can send you the current files if need be.

Ok guys!

I have an interesting idea xD

Xenonauts: Star of Revenge

Xenonauts - Part 2

starrevenge.jpg

- Aliens take control of earth in 1979 and now human race is quiet rare in the planet.

- All alien races think that human was extinct but... some evacuation ship left earth and manage to survive in Jupiter Moon called "Red Europa"

- Right now is 2035 and humans learn a lot... The start the operation "Star of Revenge". heavy troops of Marauders arrive with Valkyries and huge ships initiating the deploy of tons of well Wolf/MAG Weapons armed troopers.

- Your an alien leader, you choose the race "Sebillians", "Caesans", "Reapers" or "Praetors". You need to defend and repell Human revenge protocol.

-Tech Tree: Plasmas are not enough... you need to develop a new kind of weapons to deal with well armored Sentinels, Predator, Wolfs. You need to improve and train you Elite Aliens to destroy key points of Human invasion. You start with all the alien weapons, but Alenium is rare in earth "you need to keep control of you Alenium depots and manufacture equipments.

What do you think?

:D

starrevenge.jpg

starrevenge.thumb.jpg.4e9552802d5a67cbc2

Edited by TacticalDragon

This is more or less what i was going for! If i could get some help in learning how to make all the changes needed i would have no problem spending the large amounts of time this will take to complete. That being said, can anyone help me learn about how to add new weapons, and maybe help with this animation that keeps bugging out?

And thanks for help already TacticalDragon ^v^