Local Forces

Huh, now that you mentioned it. A few battles ago, there was a group of three soliders, complete with a lmg who just sat there like lumps. I just assumed there was a sight range issue, but really, thinking about it, they should have seen the aliens clearly.

They would rarely get kills later on, but one time this badass cop saved one of my troops lives. He just burst into this room and shotgunned this alien to death that caught my guy with his pants down. I always imagine he was one of those action movie cops who doesn't follow the rules but gets results. His Captain probably shouts at him all the time.

They would rarely get kills later on, but one time this badass cop saved one of my troops lives. He just burst into this room and shotgunned this alien to death that caught my guy with his pants down. I always imagine he was one of those action movie cops who doesn't follow the rules but gets results. His Captain probably shouts at him all the time.

I laughed. And I think the issue might be the non-Xenonaut humans having abysmally low stats; if you look in the file controlling the stats of aliens and other NPCs, their stats are an absolute fraction of even basic Xenonaut rookies.

I laughed. And I think the issue might be the non-Xenonaut humans having abysmally low stats; if you look in the file controlling the stats of aliens and other NPCs, their stats are an absolute fraction of even basic Xenonaut rookies.
They should still shoot even if they can't hit S^$^. They don't even do that now. Of course the farmer shotgun can do 180 points, so any hit is a good hit, LOL!

They should still shoot even if they can't hit S^$^. They don't even do that now. Of course the farmer shotgun can do 180 points, so any hit is a good hit, LOL!

Here's what gets used for human NPCs.

<Props sightRange="14" />

<Rank type="NonCombatant">

<Props APs="50" Resilience="50" Strength="50" Accuracy="20" Reflexes="1" Bravery="20"

PsionicPower="" Recklessness="0" Tactical="0" Grenade="0" Situational="0" PreferredRange="Medium"

CrouchDisabled="0" />

<Armour kinetic="0" energy="0" chemical="0" incendiary="0" />

You tell me. Maybe their preferred range keeps them too far away to see much of anything to shoot at, and after attempting to move, they don't have enough TUs to fire? They also apparently have no inclination toward doing much of anything.

Edited by EchoFourDelta

<Props sightRange="14" />

<Rank type="NonCombatant">

<Props APs="50" Resilience="50" Strength="50" Accuracy="20" Reflexes="1" Bravery="20"

PsionicPower="" Recklessness="0" Tactical="0" Grenade="0" Situational="0" PreferredRange="Medium"

CrouchDisabled="0" />

<Armour kinetic="0" energy="0" chemical="0" incendiary="0" />

You tell me. Maybe their preferred range keeps them too far away to see much of anything to shoot at, and after attempting to move, they don't have enough TUs to fire? They also apparently have no inclination toward doing much of anything.

You know you just gave me a great idea! Every once in a while there ought a super-NPC like Dirty Harry or Rambo that get shows up on a map! That would be kick in the ass! He/she ought to have a better weapon and awesome stats. They had those in JA2.

I wholly support your new Rambo mod!
I don't think it should be a mod. It ought come with the game. Call it an Easter Egg or whatever, it would be very cool. Besides Goldhawk would have to program in the "hook" to trigger the super-NPC, so it couldn't be a straight mod. But man, that would just a hoot. Maybe one in 20 or one in 40 are super-NPCs.

Criminey, an accuracy of 20?? Thats hopelessly bad! I mean, I understand the random guys bimbling around the map shouldn't really be winning many battles, but .. come on, at that level they don't even know which end the bullet comes out of. If it was doubled to 40 they would still be truly awful shots. Isn't your soldiers sight range 18 -- already less than aliens. I wonder why its so much lower.

You know you just gave me a great idea! Every once in a while there ought a super-NPC like Dirty Harry or Rambo that get shows up on a map! That would be kick in the ass! He/she ought to have a better weapon and awesome stats. They had those in JA2.
> dude in fatigues with a shotgun runs into the supermarket and blows away three sebillians as civilians scatter

> "Who the shit are you?"

> "GUNNERY SERGEANT JOHN LAW. YOU GUYS LEAVE YOUR BALLS ON THE TRANSPORT? OUTTA THE WAY OR FOLLOW ME."

2 Thumbs up. You should be able to recruit them too.