[v14 Chinook troops arse-about]

Got this too. Seems like the Chinook did a 180 without telling the guys on board. As far as I can tell, everyone is in their set position, it just seems that the Chinook is turned the other way. Also get no sound when walking on the tiles of the Chinook sub-map, dunno if that's related.

EDIT: Yup, after some fiddling I found that, for me at least, it's just the fact that the formation is facing the opposite way, if you will. Everyone is still in their place, just the entire package is facing the cockpit and not the ramp.

Edited by Swe_Racoon

I suspect that this is an indication that we will have 4 different orientations for our dropships, not just the two we have now. I usually get those reversed buddies in the dropship positioned top or top left, so they are facing the center of the map while the chinook uses its original model.

That's a missing submap issue.

If you open /assets/maps/industrial/industrial_corvette1.xml, you can see that the active dropship layer is the one with orientation NW (that means that the chinook's cockpit is facing the left upper corner of your screen, and the soldier should be ready to get off facing the right lower one).

That specific submap (the chinook facing NW) is not in place ATM, as you can see if you go to /assets/maps/industrial/SpawnMaps/Chinook/NW. In this folder you can see that there's a placeholder submap, the one for the SE orientation.

That's going to be resolved as soon as we get that spawn map done! Meanwhile, please be patient and get the soldier off the ship in the reverse order :)

Same issue but it worked out for the new maps. I now wonder about my troops, I mean if they can't hold position during the flight to the crash site how long until they start texting during missions? God forbid they find out how to play angry birds on their phones. This lack of attention span from my troops may be the doom of humanity.

Hi all. If this bug annoys you there is a work around. I will supply the work around for the Industrial Light Scout 1 Map where you are facing the wrong way in the upper Left Corner of the map. I'll try my best to make this fix easy to follow.

*Click signifies Left-Click, Right-Click is always specified.

1)Navigate To Your Xenonaughts Base Folder (whereever that may be... in desura its (programfiles(x86)/desura/commen/xenonaughts) on win 7

2) open the program there called GCLevelEditor

3) Click load button on window that appears

4) Select Industrial from the Tileset Drop Down Box.

5) Click Industrial_LightScout1 and then Click the OK button.

6) Look to the right of the window. You will see your on the Main Layer Tab. Click Spawn/Target layers

7) In the box below this tab you just clicked you should see an entry CHECKED for airplane.human.chinook - SE. Click This Entry.

8) On the map you will see human.chinook box slightly brighter then the rest. RIGHT click the bright yellow box labeled human.chinook to remove it.

9) Verify that airplane.human.chinook - SE is now NOT checked

10) Click On The Entry that says airplane.human.chinook - SW

11) Click on the giant green Square. If the square is not centered into the green area click and hold the left mouse button down on the human.chinook yellow square and drag it so it lines up perfectly in the green square.

12) Verify airplane.human.chinook - SW is now CHECKED.

13) Click Save Button. By default the window that appears should say Map name - industrial_lightscout1. Click OK.

14) Click Yes to the prompt to overwrite it.

15) Close the editor and enjoy the fix.

Comment: (The Chinook Renders out toward the East. It is not perfect but at least your setup is not backwards! :) Pics Attached)

This trick will work on other maps as well where you might find this setup. I have only just started so industrial_lightscout1 is the only map I have seen this happen in as of yet.

I have seen aliens spawn INSIDE the hull of the ship on some maps. I suspect this may be related. If you can identify the map you can use this method on THIER ship and change its direction. This will cause them to spawn correctly within the UFO. Its important to know if the UFO is crashed or landed as I believe there are 2 separate spawns depending on the condition of the alien craft. Trial and error I say.

Happy Gaming!

Backwards.jpg

Corrected.jpg

Backwards.jpg

Corrected.jpg

Backwards.jpg.bf24630110bd405117a0d65416

Corrected.jpg.2ec1c52557625377868aafc6da

Edited by lordfeff
Add Pics Comments

• 2 weeks later...