Just pre-ordered after playing the alphademo from earlier this year. Felt so much like the old X-Com I just had to get the latest alpha release which is downloading now.

Also, this is to test if my shiny forum badge is working. :)

Edit: Yay! It is! :D

How long until the badge shows? I just paid the premium (love XCom, biggest reason I have VMs on all my systems), and want this (Xenonauts) to succeed. I can't believe I missed this until today.. wow.

Anyway, bought via Desura (which still hasn't me confirmation email.. *sigh*) and did the connect link thing..so I hope I am all good.

Now to just figure out how to direct download (saw a forum post.. so off to read I go).

EDIT: I think I see the issue.. so until Chris gets back and I feel up to emailing him..

My PayPal uses an email that is NOT used anywhere else for a whole host of issues/reasons. Looks like that is the linking email address for the badge and such. An interesting potential issue with the system I guess.

Edit again (:

Chris tossed me a quick message dispelling the above, so I tried again doing the Desura-> connect thing. Different experience this time, and it worked. I *should* have been sent to Goldhawk site , but I was sent back to Desura first time. This time it worked.

Edited by tass

Did I make a boo boo? I connected my desura account, but it turns out to be a standard preorder. Problem is I can't remember if I ordered this game before or after Desura as I have it on Desura. Its a year ago, my mind is vague.

In the "Connect your game" page on Dashura it says it will "allow them to create you an account", but I already have an account here so what does that mean? Plus when I clicked on the "connect game" button it took me to a page that said "bad hash"?

I'm not very bright when it comes to things that require more than a point and a grunt to explain...

Never mind, it just didn't connect to this website the first time.

Edited by Gumballthechewy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Chris unpinned this topic