V22 Experimental 6 Hotfix Released!

I agree with whoever said that sometimes the devs and "goldhawk defense force" cannot take criticism.

Being a game/software developer and being lazy are in my mind two totally exclusive things.

For a full list, see my thread in the balance section titled "Major issues that need fixing before release".

Legit, I hope YOU can take criticism, because I find your arrogance breathtaking. Believe it or not, the world entertains opinions, and priorities, other than your own. I can't wait until YOU develop a game that we can all pick apart and deride your "laziness".

Consider me part of the contemptuously-termed "Goldhawk defense force"

Legit, I hope YOU can take criticism, because I find your arrogance breathtaking. Believe it or not, the world entertains opinions, and priorities, other than your own. I can't wait until YOU develop a game that we can all pick apart and deride your "laziness".

Consider me part of the contemptuously-termed "Goldhawk defense force"

What? Read my post again very carefully, I said they were NOT lazy. They have been working pretty hard.

Being a game/software developer and being lazy are in my mind two totally exclusive things.

That means you can be one, but not both at the same time. Your reading comprehension skills need improving.

Wow this is just too funny lol...

All I said was that sometimes they have problems accepting criticism of systems or design changes, and that too many forums users blindly support them. Frankly this is a perfect example. You didn't even read my post properly before you lashed out at me and called me arrogant simply because you THOUGHT I was criticizing them.

Did you even read the last paragraph where I praised their communication with players, and said I was glad I supported the game?

Edited by legit1337

Just woke up to read this... and it made my day xD

It is one thing to understand a word, but another one to understand the meaning of a sentence ;)

Edit: legit before you worry about expressing yourself a way others understand you. I did. So atleast not all have gotten it wrong. ^^

Edited by Malthus

I'm hoping the fix will be out tonight or tomorrow. We've got it set up so I can release the build as soon as I recompile the .exes (which I can do once the programmer is able to get the fixes in).

Any eta for these fixes? I was planning to spend the bulk of my weekend playing and testing Xenonauts, but the issues with this build have me holding off on it. The game's tough enough without this 0% to hit bug...

I put this in the V22E6 released -thread by accident already, but I think it's better here:

I've experiencing consistent CTD when trying to walk up the stairs but havn't seen anyone else commenting it. Here's a save where I get 100% crash. Could someone load it up and check if their game crashes or is my game broken somehow.

Just load the save, select unit #7 Ivan Lebedev, move him to second floor. -> instant CTD when he reaches top of the stairs.

stair bug.sav

stair bug.sav

stair bug.sav

Edited by Skitso

Does this bug happen whenever you move up a stair or only at special places?

I will try to reproduce it in one of my games

Edit: CONFIRMED

It does not happen at every stair. I used my 22.6 hotfixsave with this 0% hit bug. It is a mission in an industrial complex.

I went up a stair inside a factory -> no crash

Then i went up a stair in the office -> crash

Edited by Malthus

To answer the earlier discussion in this thread: this is an experimental build and things in it will be broken. Sometimes it'll be so broken you won't be able to play the game properly, but that's part of deal with the experimental builds. It'll get fixed in due time, but not always immediately.

There's very little chance of adding any major new content to the game in the next four weeks. Adding new research or weapons or stuff literally takes months from start to finish, not the couple of weeks we've spent addressing the issues with corners in the game. It's more important to improve the content we already have at this point than to add more (the game already has more content than it has any right to for a $20 title anyways).

@Legit - a lot of the stuff listed in your post are not really major issues. Vehicles being a little underpowered and aliens not panicking are not "very real flaws" that will tank review scores for the game. We're aware of the actual major issues like psionics and we're looking into them and I'm comfortable we'll have enough time to address them, plus a number of the less important issues too.

Pretty much every game ever could have done with more development time, but that's life.

(the game already has more content than it has any right to for a $20 title anyways).

Thats why I already said, it was well spent money. And then there are these magical words addon and dlc. This game doesn´t need any to feel complete, but it deserves them. ;)

@Legit - a lot of the stuff listed in your post are not really major issues. Vehicles being a little underpowered and aliens not panicking are not "very real flaws" that will tank review scores for the game. We're aware of the actual major issues like psionics and we're looking into them and I'm comfortable we'll have enough time to address them, plus a number of the less important issues too.

Eh, you're right, vehicle buffs and other minor fixes aren't really MAJOR issues.

However alien morale has been promised for awhile. An entire game mechanic has not even been implemented yet (let alone tested and balanced) and you are 3 weeks and a few days away from release. Psionics and persistentLOS are STILL broken after 3 builds, and persistentLOS is also causing crashes. There are some reports of aliens being able to shoot through floors/ceilings, the 0% bug has still yet to be quashed as of experimental build 7 along with a new accuracy bug, the alien turn lengths on the larger UFOs are reportedly 3-4 minutes long, the lategame needs better balancing (it has had some, but needs more), and many other issues.

I'm glad you feel confident, and you are in a better position to judge that then me. However from where I am standing it looks like you have a major time crunch on your hands. I'll be submitting bug reports for everything I come across, I wish you the best of luck Chris.

Edited by legit1337