V22 Experimental 6 Hotfix Released!

This is a hotfix for Experimental 6 that fixes some issues and does some light rebalancing:

Fixes:

- Units can no longer be shot through walls if they are standing next to them

- Crouching units are no longer 4x harder to hit if crouching (unfortunately this causes an issue where crouched units are MUCH harder to shoot over than they should be, but we're working on fixing that too)

- The PersistentLOS issue with the juddering walk and bad alien detection on night missions should be fixed, so it has been re-activated

Changes / Balancing:

- Corvettes have been pushed back to ticker value 150 (before V22.6 they were at 200)

- We've improved some of the AI turn processing to speed up turns a bit

- Crouching units are no longer 4x harder to hit if crouching

Had an update in Steam 17:32. Started a new game and had no chance to hit the last sebillian that was crouching in his crashed scout. I stood next to him and had a 0% chance to hit him with a ranged weapon. Didn´t try anything like hitting him with the rifle, but shouldn´t be important anyway...

Edit: Now I tried to melee him. Every hit on "m" was a success. Should buy my soldiers swords and shields then xD

Edited by Malthus

I have the same problem. With the crouching aliens inside the UFOs. 0% hit chance. 1 alien outside with the same problem until he moved. Then he crouched again and I had a terrible chance of hitting but not 0%.

Bad news: Short of breaking out the stun batons and liberal use of stun grenades while entering the UFO - my guys can't hit anything either. Also, Aliens seem perfectly capable of hitting each other while trying to hit my squad... or is that good news?

Good news: You've potentially stumbled upon a great basis for an X-Com style Star Wars game... now if we just had some stormtrooper armor.

Also, quick question, Are hay bails supposed to block LOS or no? because they aren't - not even the really tall ones or the really high stacks of of them and for the life of me I can't remember if they used to or not.

Edited by OmegaLykos

Also, quick question, Are hay bails supposed to block LOS or no? because they aren't - not even the really tall ones or the really high stacks of of them and for the life of me I can't remember if they used to or not.

They did, and they still do according to their spectres (100% stopping chance, 0% visibility). So if they're not, its a bug I think.

Good news: You've potentially stumbled upon a great basis for an X-Com style Star Wars game... now if we just had some stormtrooper armor.

that made me laugh quite hard! :D

Edited by Guyver

Thanks for the hotfix. Is possible to rollback tho Exp 5 LOS tarheting system? Is hardcoded? Can be removed optional?

Do you mean the Persistent LoS mode? If so, you can turn that off in config.xml (change the variable for PersistantLoS to '0').

The persistentLOS still doesn't quite work like it should in night missions. Some parts of the visible area aren't updated in realtime when xenonauts are advancing, but rather only at the beginning of next turnl.

Here's an example:

yiCilJc.jpg

OinBTaH.jpg

Aliens don't seem to use the new aiming system properly. I just had a caesan standing in a doorway and shooting bursts for two turns only to hit doorframe in the adjacent tile. :(

EDIT: Can't quite put my finger on it, but the alien accuracy in general seems a bit strange and bad after recent updates...

Edited by Skitso

Aliens don't seem to use the new aiming system properly. I just had a caesan standing in a doorway and shooting bursts for two turns only to hit doorframe in the adjacent tile. :(

EDIT: Can't quite put my finger on it, but the alien accuracy in general seems a bit strange and bad after recent updates...

Have hardly played the latest build at all, but I had kind of the same feeling. Something definately felt odd, anyway.

The persistentLOS still doesn't quite work like it should in night missions. Some parts of the visible area aren't updated in realtime when xenonauts are advancing, but rather only at the beginning of next turnl.

Also saw this, but on a day mission. Out of wonder, Skitso, did your soldier in the image you showed suffer reaction fire? The time I saw this, my soldier had just been shot at with reaction fire and I'm wondering if that's the issue.

Edited by kabill

Can't remember, but at least in night missions it happens all the time so it's easy to reproduce. Just move a lone xenonaut in the darkness and the path he moved is left visible until end of the turn. It seems only thing that is updated in real time is the light around the unit.

Edited by Skitso

Yeah PersistentLOS doesn't work like it should on night missions, you are correct. We will be releasing a new build as soon as we can get the "shooting in UFO" bug fixed too.

Out of interest, are people still getting the invisible fire cursor / grenade cursor bug? I can't reproduce that at the moment.