A manual shouldn't be necessary to play the game, just something cool to have. If you have to consult the manual to learn how to do something, that's really bad. Anything you think might need to be in the manual is an improvement that needs to be made to the game.

That's a good idea, Sathra. If you have to capture a dead alien of a certain type and research it before you can succesfully contain a live one. Makes the whole autopsy thing much more useful at a sweep as well, aside from the damage bonus.

Mmm, there is a concern that it would extend the tech tree out quite a bit though. And it's something that HAS to be mentioned as well. Since X-com vets would make up a noticeable part of the player-base, the habit of ignoring autopsies would be counterproductive.

That said, sounds good. Its in another X-com-alike as well I think, but not sure which one. UFO: AI maybe?

I believe we already have one player that has never played X-Com. It may not be good to assume we know what to do (and the controls are slightly different).
i also haven't played x-com. just preordered this cause it seemed like a great idea but x-com was a bit before my time. some kind of guide would definitely be nice.

I remember when i first started playing x-com, i think i was attacking an alien aircraft a month and after 3 months i got game over. (oh fun times)

But for these time I do think something to help new players is a good idea, i mean at least give them an a focus of what they should expect (at least letting them know to intercepting aliens and to scout their destroyed remains)

Edited by radister