Newbie questions...

Hi,

my dropship got recently shot down, and i am cleaning up the mess but i get a strong headaches because i can not figure out a lot of things.

1, Dropship got recovered, and stays in my hangar with 1% health. It has passed 20 days, and nothing changed. I do not see any option to manually repair the dropship anywhere.

2, Some of the soldiers got recovered, but on the loadout screen it says their health is not 100%, but somewhere around 90's of percent... i have med center, it has passed 20 days, but nothing about soldiers health changes, they still show up red and without full health. I did not find any option to manually heal them.

Is there any proper manual (not just that quick start guide in the launch window), so i can find these things out without posting on the forum everytime i get headache out of non self-explanatory features of the game. (Which is of course a big mistake because user interface should be always self-explanatory enough)

1) is a bug, and 2) is a bug. Soldiers and dropships should auto heal/repair. If they aren't, it's a bug. There isn't a manual yet, because the game is unfinished. The last manual that was released went rapidly out of date. I'm guessing there will be a full manual when the game is done and not subject to any more changes.

1) is a bug, and 2) is a bug. Soldiers and dropships should auto heal/repair. If they aren't, it's a bug. There isn't a manual yet, because the game is unfinished. The last manual that was released went rapidly out of date. I'm guessing there will be a full manual when the game is done and not subject to any more changes.

I see, i will revert to last save then... Thanks!

Ok, so i tried to reload last save, then did the same thing again, managed to get my dropship shot down, and it happened again. Then i noticed something. In launch screen, the health of my dropship was updating properly, and when i arrived at ground mission, my soldiers had full health even though they were reported to be still injured on the loadout screen. So the issue seems to be with updating of the new UI, rather than the stats themselves. :) Once dropship returned from the mission, it reported correct health, and so did the soldiers. This could help narrow down the source of that issue.

I got one more... When playing IronMan mode, how does saving work? I can not save manually, and i have absolutely no idea when autosaves occur. If i am in a middle of mission, and i have to quickly do something else, if i shut down the game, will it save, or will i lose my progress? Same question goes for geoscape...

Missiles should fire automaticly when your aircraft is in range. You can disable one or more of them by clicking their pictures in right side of the screen. Green means it'll be shot when close enough, red means it won't be shot until it's changed to green.

For example light scouts will dodge first missile, so you should only shoot one first (rest of them put to red state) and just after the target finishes the roll, release 1-2 more to down the ufo.

Hope this helps..

I got one more... When playing IronMan mode, how does saving work? I can not save manually, and i have absolutely no idea when autosaves occur. If i am in a middle of mission, and i have to quickly do something else, if i shut down the game, will it save, or will i lose my progress? Same question goes for geoscape...

It's been a few builds since I played Ironman, so this is going from memory. Autosaves are created at the end of each turn and any time you exit the game. I do not recall offhand what the triggers are on the Geoscape for saving.