any future plans?

Dabetter

first off all i wanne thank you for making this game, finally a worthy game for the X-COM universe, a lot better then the last 2 made by 2K (EU, the bureau). and a new addition to my collection that i will play for the following years :)

what i was wondering (and always wanted to see from the first time TFTD came out); will there be a sequal like that to xenonauts as well? and if so will there be a choise where you can go on from the end of xenonauts or start without any needs to end xenonauts.

what i mean to see with this is:

you can beat the alians in xenonauts but still recieve some reports from incursions, and with the first mission done the scientists discover that these are manipulated to live under water. couse of this you have to research underwater buildings to construct your first base, and the following that happens is something like TFTD.

and while we are on this subject, would it even go further? with the others in mind (interceptor-apocalypse)

dunno about you, but i would love to see it all come together and make it a long game that excist out of several games.

best regards

dabetter

My suspicion is that Chris et al. will be done with Xenonauts at least until their second, probably unrelated project gets done. The amount of time they've spent on this game is more than enough to give them a break from it. When you've spent so much time working on a game, it's only natural to want to leave it alone for some healthy amount of time.

Probably depends greatly on how Xenonauts does, right? If it sells a ton of copies then the odds are much better of getting an expansion or rewrite of some type. I hope it does because I'd love to see the game with a better engine and some additional weapons, aliens, etc... I could easily see adding a naval and space components to the game.

Fight the aliens on their own turf! Invade their home planet! (Or central command planet)
The possibilities are endless. Of course, Chris and Co. have been working on this for literally years. One couldn't blame them if they wanted to go on vacation for a year or two and/or do something completely different to maintain their sanity.

... Fine. Super end-game spoiler right here:

The aliens are endless - they are a gigantic galactic empire and they will never stop coming. They can warp in entire fleets of ships, and they will never stop coming. The Xenonauts eventually develop a hyperspace inhibitor which would block all warp travel within a thousand lightyears of the earth (I think that's the number). The aliens can't travel very fast sub-light speed, only about 1/10 of the speed of light. It'd take them ten thousand years to reach the earth at their max sublight speeds after you activated the hyperspace inhibitor.

So, once you activate the hyperspace inhibitor the alien mothership descends down to unleash it's cargo of tens of thousands of reapers upon the earth. The Preators (ruler aliens who enslaved all the races they rule) can just take the human genetic material from inside the reapers once they've assimilated the entire human race.

So, obviously that's a bad thing. So, the Xenonauts send a dropship into the mothership to take out the high praetor, rendering the fleet leaderless and easily defeated. Either they succeed, saving humanity, or they die, leaving the mothership to drop the reapers and kill all humanity.

So, reasons why we can't take the fight to the enemy: It'd be stupid. They are numberless, there's no home planet, there's a galaxy full of these guys. We cannot defeat them.

Second: the hyperspace inhibitor would prevent us from reaching them, unless we wanted to leave earth defenseless by turning off the inhibitor.

yeah, really heavy spoils here.

Read Operation: End Game in the Xenopedia for a much better description.

I have no problems reading spoilers (i don't understand why people have problem at all),expect when its about movie and books ,but anyway when people usually say i am not looking they actually do look and then start blaming whoever,posted that even if he clearly labeled as spoiler :P

Edited by Sentelin

The next game won't be a Xenonauts expansion or sequel, although we may continue to support Xenonauts on a part-time basis after release.

A sequel is certainly not out of the question in the future, but it's not something that will happen in the next year or two.

The next game won't be a Xenonauts expansion or sequel, although we may continue to support Xenonauts on a part-time basis after release.

A sequel is certainly not out of the question in the future, but it's not something that will happen in the next year or two.

Well, that's very good news indeed.

Hopefully, we'll get a few bug patches out of you guys before you start on something new! Or at least enough support to get bug patches with the others working on something new. Personally, I hope you all take some vacation to enjoy the fruits of your hard work. I know personally how all consuming a game or any big software project can be.

What's that you say? You're making an awesome updated version of Syndicate with a strategy layer more akin to Xenonauts? Did you intercept my letter to Santa? :cool:

Seriously though, I love Xenonauts, very much looking forward to whatever you guys do next :)

Syndicate is still one of my favourite games of all time. I imagine we'll get around to it at some point.

Hope you keep the forums for whatever you do next, we're building a massively over-reaching, pedantic, lore-focused and punloving community here with some fantastic mod work going on. Transitioning that over to future projects would be good. Just allow us our love for insane levels of overkill.

Or is that just me? It can't just be me, right?

thx Chris, that answers part of my question as i hoped for :)

but first i'll enjoy from the hard laybor you put into xenonauts for a few years and by then i'll look forward on your next project.

keep on the good work.

love what you've done so far for your fan community.

best regards

dabetter