Damn you, Xenonauts! Damn you to hell!!

I'm not even kidding! Ooh, I'm so mad.

Complaint, the first: Squad sight is so broken! Especially when my soldiers are the one's getting killed from it. (When it works to my advantage I don't mind as much). What really rustles my jimmies is when the drop ship is already surrounded by aliens, it's a slaughter house. There's just no way for me to know whether I can move my soldiers out safely or not. Moving them to any piece of cover is worthless because no piece of cover protects you from all directions. It's just too brutal, and it doesn't feel like good game design: It just feels like blind luck, and I have no way to protect against it. Frankly I'd be happier just losing squad sight altogether. If I can shoot it, it should be able to shoot me, I don't see how anything else makes sense. Or, at the very least it should be restricted to snipers and precision weapons. I'm so mad.

Complaint, the second: I told one of my jet fighters to disengage, and it did, by flying directly back into the weapon cone of the Corvette. Dammit, I needed that jet! Also, air combat is too brutal. My first play through, it wasn't so bad. I got about half way through November and never saw anything too savage, just the little squadron of three fighters that took me by surprise. But this play through (and I'm still only in November), man, I am getting owned in the skies. Fighter squadrons and Corvettes all over the place. I have to hide in my bases like a little girl until they go away.

I'm so mad, I can't even remember what the other things are I wanted to complain about. I wish I didn't love this game so much and then I could just stop playing and I'd be happy again.

I'll give you a personal reply simply because you used the term "rustles my jimmies", which made me smile.

The squad sight thing is an issue, because there's no way you can remove squad sight from the player. You can see everything your soldiers see, and it's therefore always going to be possible to shoot at an alien in sight range of one of your soldiers due to force-fire mode. So we have to give it to the aliens too. There may be tweaks to it though.

The air combat is being made less punishing, as in the latest experimental build interceptors are never destroyed but are just put out of action for a long time if shot down in combat.

Well, a personal reply from the Beloved Leader is certainly one way my to placate my fury. I think I'll frame it and keep it above my collection of Leader Beans.

Couldn't we nerf squad sight though? (That's right, it's "we" already...). I think there's already an increasing penalty for distance, but maybe that could be increased. Anything to stop my guys getting butchered as soon as they step out of the chopper. That's my real complaint, I guess, is that if the chopper is surrounded it's just a bloodbath, which feels so unfair in that situation because there's no way to prepare for it (it seems to me). It's not like once I'm out in the map and then it's sort of my fault for not taking enough care.

Also, I don't want to tell you how to do your job Chris, but the correct response to my whining was actually "shh no tears only dreams now."

The squad sight thing is an issue, because there's no way you can remove squad sight from the player. You can see everything your soldiers see, and it's therefore always going to be possible to shoot at an alien in sight range of one of your soldiers due to force-fire mode. So we have to give it to the aliens too. There may be tweaks to it though.

If you implement my accuracy formula those long squad sight shots will miss 99% of the time. So, even though you know the target is out there hitting it will be nearly impossible.

The current formula already causes accuracy dropping off steeply beyond effective weapon range, so I don't see that it particularly needs fixing in this instance. Perhaps the weapon ranges need to change tho.
OK, so the current formula is not the same one that is in the Wiki page then I guess. I've been basing all my comments on the belief that the formula hadn't changed except for the close range accuracy boost you added. That's interesting. Can we have a look a the current formula if it's not a secret? Edited by StellarRat