Introduction thread!

Chris

Welcome to the xenonauts collective, little_me and KATAGARI !!!

TBH this is a very friendly forum which is quite rare these days especially for a computer game forum, normally nerd are crawling out the wood word to attack whatever statement you try to make *cough* BATTLELOG!!

So any questions i'm sure we will try t help, I try to pop my head in about once an hour on here so i'll be sure to see any active topics.

BTW have you seen closet yettis youtube channel yet???

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all ,

I have to say i was a bit hesitant to pre-order this game but then i saw some gameplay vids and had to give this game a shot.

Downloading the Alpha now on Desura to try it out.

i still play Xcom:Enemy unknown until now and no i dont mean the Firaxis one lol even though i have that too.

anyways just wanted to say hi to the community and the company.

me got shiney :) im on the cool kid club.............................. cant wait for the game to Download tbh :)

Thanks

Edited by AmunRaa

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Aiel_wolf here. (Yes, I am a WoT fan.)

I remember X-com from when it was just called UFO: Enemy Unknown. I first played it back when I was too young to understand it properly but my brother always helped me along. I am looking forward to this rendition of the game. The Firaxis version was enjoyable but the bugs have become too infuriating to play any more. I just wish that this xenonauts didn't crash when ever I see more than one alien. Is there a fix for this that I have missed or is it deliberate?

Can't wait for the full version, I am glad that I have pre-ordered. I just hope the final copy is polished and doesn't suffer the same fate as Firaxis' X-Com. That copy had four years of trial and error work. (As Jake Solomon said him self with the '4 years in development', sounds good, until I saw that it was 3 years of testing different alpha models.) Leading too a personally disappointing final product.

Good luck Chris and glad to be here,

Aiel_wolf.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

I've just got a preorder to ease my hunger for decent Squad Level Turn Based Strategies.

And after spending two-digit number of € on a game that's not complete yet, I've got one thing to say: don't make it another UFO: Extraterrestrials, please.

Welcome to the forums!

As yet, it isn't looking much like it'll be another UFO: ET and doesn't seem to be going anywhere near!

Well, that's what I hope for!

I'm going to check out the beta candidate tonight when I'll get home from work.

Hi All, Im Marty from Australia, Im in my 30's and work in IT, been playing games since early 80's.

Was only told by one of my other gamer friends about Xenonauts today so I thought I would head over and have a look.

Downloading the demo now to see how it is. Hope you all have a great day!!:cool:

Hi Assoonasitis, - Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh

nopes to working for now, 11 hours is enuf today. Time for a little bit of old skool gaming it looks like. Might be a late night. Hope the demo is as fun as ive been told

That awkward moment when you recognise the language but have no idea what's being said.

Hoping to hear more bout your forays into the current version in some of the balance/beta threads floating around at the moment as well.

Always nice to get a new perspective on things, some of us have been messing around with the builds for years so it can be difficult to imagine what new eyes may pick up.

Or not so new eyes that are just newly focused on the game.

Or even middle aged eyes that are struggling to focus but still gamely making the attempt.

Hoping to hear more bout your forays into the current version in some of the balance/beta threads floating around at the moment as well.

Always nice to get a new perspective on things, some of us have been messing around with the builds for years so it can be difficult to imagine what new eyes may pick up.

Or not so new eyes that are just newly focused on the game.

Or even middle aged eyes that are struggling to focus but still gamely making the attempt.

It was then that it occurred to me that "years" is perfectly accurate.

It was then that it occurred to me that "years" is perfectly accurate.

haa haa, yep my middle ages eyes!!, played a few hours this arvo, only just learning the game mechanics properly, but def liking what im seeing so far. no input yet though on balance or suggested changes. But im sure you will see me posting some more once I do

haa haa, yep my middle ages eyes!!, played a few hours this arvo, only just learning the game mechanics properly, but def liking what im seeing so far. no input yet though on balance or suggested changes. But im sure you will see me posting some more once I do

I was talking about the fact that the game has been "playable" in some fashion since at least 2011.