I realize that there are electric shock and stun grenades as well as stun batons. I guess my question is whether they purposefully ignored one of the most used non-lethal options (ignoring alien tech). Rubber bullets. Even if they were limited to shotguns (substituting rubber bullets for bean-bag rounds, I think that would be a fairly realistic attempt at expanding the non-lethal options.

I say this knowing that it's not supposed to be incredibly easy to stun aliens, as that provides additional research. Just a thought.

Your second paragraph says it all. You could replace rubber rounds with "tranq darts", or "taser", or "netgun" or "stun launcher" or any variety on "ranged stun weapon" and the result is the same. None of the vanilla stun weapons are the best choice for a stun weapon, as ranged stun weapons seem to have been deliberately been removed to make stunning an alien more risky, more exciting. Although if you ask some people, stun grenades seem to be the #1 go-to weapon.

Outside of Rocket Launchers, there's not really any diversity in ammo types. the focus has pretty much been about weapon types.

Likewise, stun batons are in the game. Why would you use them if you can fire a shotgun at them from distance. I use stun grenades and stun rockets and already don't use sun batons, showing that there's perhaps some balancing needed there. It is incredibly easy to stun aliens with stun grenades at the moment.

Likewise, stun batons are in the game. Why would you use them if you can fire a shotgun at them from distance. I use stun grenades and stun rockets and already don't use sun batons, showing that there's perhaps some balancing needed there. It is incredibly easy to stun aliens with stun grenades at the moment.

If stun batons had a very high hit % and a very high % of stunning the alien in one hit and the ranged types did not, it would be a reason to use them. Playing with 20-30% accuracy and the need for 4-5 hits to stun the alien would be risky enough to make you choose the more guaranteed baton, instead.

In addition, ranged stun weapons should suffer from inaccuracy and high firing TUs.

in this builds I've missed with two stuns. Not by much and the alien walked into the smoke in a subsequent turn for one of them. They persist long enough to do damage over a number of rounds, and have a good spread. So accuracy doesn't have to be precise for them.

A lot better than sneaking up to one. Esp considering that suppression doesn't mean they can't do anything.

So, yeah I agree that the other stun weapons would have to take a hit in order for the batons to be worth using.

Outside of Rocket Launchers, there's not really any diversity in ammo types. the focus has pretty much been about weapon types.

I am going to try to smuggle alternative ammo for small arms into the "Other" after I get a release going for me (Likely this Tuesday.)

I dropped them to 30 direct and 40 from the gas. Takes more grenades to stun, and with the throw cost a quick stun isn't as easy. Have much reduced alien health though, though alot have chemical armour of varying effectiveness.

Though having the stun grenades being unlimited makes it less of an issue than it could be.

I'd like to have stun gas as something you toss into a room while you set up to breach, tazing whatever remains; however, when a single gas grenade can generally stun most aliens after 2 exposures to it (first from direct, second from their turn starting) it can be very effective at stunning in one turn from a distance.

If the stun gas worked more to soften the aliens up to need less baton wacks or to have another property like making the aliens dizzy and either less accurate or have less TUs then it would have some good synergy with the baton.

If stun gas did something like -10TUs per exposure then that'd be cool too. =\

Well I remember from the original Xcom game that stun damage was on the same bar as regular damage and if you added both e.g. 100 hp, 50 normal damage, 50 stun damage, the alien (or soldier) would be knocked out.

Not sure but this seems missing from xenonauts. Maybe even on purpose.

But yeah, as soon as I develop stun grenades, I use them a LOT. They're much faster in disabling any aliens and usually a lot more "accurate" too. They also give more points in the nation rating.

The only stupid thing is that Xenonauts apparently can't throw stuff over a plant bucket. >_>