V19 Experimental Build - Alien Movement screen

The screen in this build is smaller that the other build.After you make your moves and end your turn.The alien turn screen comes up.The screen will not stop to show what you can see or if the alien fire on you.It dont show friendly movement or if alien come by you.The alien movement screen stay in frount of action that you should see and you dont see anything until the alien movement stops.

Yeah, it's in progress.

Also, in future bug reports please include the bug location (geoscape, ground combat, air combat, everywhere, etc) in the thread title. This helps reduce confusion and increase uniformity.

For example:

"[v19 Experimental / Ground Combat] Hidden Movement Screen"

Thanks!

My personal oppinion ?!

Someone or something *killed* the game battle excitement.

Not seeing the aliens move NP.

Not seeing hidden aliens at all NP.

Not seeing civilians move NP.

Not seeing my troopers getting shot at .. BIG Freakin MISTAKE !!! :mad:

I Want to see my boys die or not die, get shot at, bullets missing them or not, panic in the face of sudden annihalation !!!

*Update*

Seriously people every time that stupid *hidden movement* screen shows up I get the instant urge to push it aside to see if the Alien I discovered will kill my guy(s) or not..

Hidious developement !

I don't care if this was part of the original X-com game.

Some things are best left out and if not possible in the original then at least in this spiritual successor.

This is not an gameplay improvement at all, it's disturbingly irritating and killling my game fun.

*update 2*

You know what ... Why not build in the option to choose for this *nonsense* via the option screen ?!

Edited by Tiesemans

It's not the jpg "hiddenmove" that causes the problem.( does not change anything if you rename or remove)

If you rename map hiddenmovement to hiddenmovementold it's ok , you see title Alien turn + all movement. ( even better than with hidden movement screen)

It's not the jpg "hiddenmove" that causes the problem.( does not change anything if you rename or remove)

If you rename map hiddenmovement to hiddenmovementold it's ok , you see title Alien turn + all movement. ( even better than with hidden movement screen)

this is awesome :) thanks for the "solution" works like a charm

My personal oppinion ?!

Someone or something *killed* the game battle excitement.

Not seeing the aliens move NP.

Not seeing hidden aliens at all NP.

Not seeing civilians move NP.

Not seeing my troopers getting shot at .. BIG Freakin MISTAKE !!! :mad:

I Want to see my boys die or not die, get shot at, bullets missing them or not, panic in the face of sudden annihalation !!!

*Update*

Seriously people every time that stupid *hidden movement* screen shows up I get the instant urge to push it aside to see if the Alien I discovered will kill my guy(s) or not..

Hidious developement !

I don't care if this was part of the original X-com game.

Some things are best left out and if not possible in the original then at least in this spiritual successor.

This is not an gameplay improvement at all, it's disturbingly irritating and killling my game fun.

*update 2*

You know what ... Why not build in the option to choose for this *nonsense* via the option screen ?!

Why are you so angry? There are thousands of other games to play if this one is constantly making you upset.

',:-|

Dude you just made my day, hack you made my week !!

;)

Edited by Tiesemans

Why are you so angry? There are thousands of other games to play if this one is constantly making you upset.

',:-|

That's just it ..

Unlike many who are currently playing The Last of Us on their PS4, or BF4, Farcry 3, the latest Bioshock, or are still grinding gold and legendary gear in Diablo 3 I actively and purposely purchased a pre order key so I could FINALLY jump into a fantastic type of game I love and which has been far and away since my passion for Jagged alliance got murdered by the people from Strategy First who own the IP ...

Having said that .. I am very happy to know that Jagged Alliance FULL CONTROL has gotten the green light via kickstarter.

http://tinyurl.com/lsqhdxn

Because my teen years (also) revolve arround 3 games: Jagged alliance, X-com and Fall out ok ok ok and a little bit of close combat, diablo, Starcraft, c&c, mechwarrior, but still the 3 mentioned are def. the backbone.

Edited by Tiesemans

Just to clarify: renaming hiddenmovement.png did nothing. When I renamed hiddenmovement_small.png though, the problem was solved.

BTW Tiesemans, that's what I call a burning spirit! :)

Well how about this:

I changed the hiddenmovement folder to hiddenmovementold and it did solve the whole hidden movement screen.

Edited by Tiesemans