Aaron

Xenonauts configuration files

Do we talk about the same game? You got an inventory and you can put anything inside it as it allows..

There is a limit isn't there?

lemme burst in quickly !

No ?

Edited by Charon

What does "can't mod it" mean? You open the file and you edit it - since you're presumably running into a specific problem, you should ask about that.

23 hours ago, Solver said:

What does "can't mod it" mean? You open the file and you edit it - since you're presumably running into a specific problem, you should ask about that.

this is what i mean by i can't mod it and it's the same for

aircrafts.xml

aircraftweapons.xml

manufactures.xml

researches.xml

vehicles.xml

items.xml

(and the rest of the AM_ files)

Screenshot (1).png

Ah. Those files are in some idiotic spreadsheet XML format. You need to use either MS Excel or a free program like LibreOffice, or you can just edit them manually in a normal text editor, although that is somewhat annoying.

1 minute ago, Solver said:

Ah. Those files are in some idiotic spreadsheet XML format. You need to use either MS Excel or a free program like LibreOffice, or you can just edit them manually in a normal text editor, although that is somewhat annoying.

um ok how do i make them a xml format after i'm done editing them?

They will retain the XML-spreadsheet format that they have if you edit with Excel  or a text editor. Maybe there's also way of editing them in the application you're using, this XML Notepad, but I have never used it so I don't know.

Hello guys,

i need a way to unlock the endgame mission. I tryed to look in the "research.xml" and i find the operation endgame line, but i don't understand how i can unlock it...

The problem is that i installed the X:CE mod on the old savegames but i did not start a new game. I was already in the mid to final stage of the game.

In particular i installed the mod just before battleships start to appear on geoscape, so i did not encouter yet any praetor prior the mod installation.
After the mod install, I have captured 2 alive praetors plus others more killed by ufo crashes. I have shot down at least 4 battleships but i can't research the endgame mission. Furthermore i was able to assault a landed battleship so it was not damaged by my interceptors.

So i managed to research praetor autopsy and praetor interrogation, i have the battleship datacores and i researched the singularity core, hyperdrive (so i was able to research the singularity cannon + fury interceptor) but endgame mission still not unlocks.

Thanks for the help

what do you mean for "highest mod priority" researches.xml?

i can give you the file i found in this path: \Xenonauts\assets

if this can help, when i launch the game it warns me that mod priority is not correct, then i select to fix it automatically and the game starts correctly with X:CE mod.

anyway i attach the researches.xml and the mod priority plus the error message

thanks a lot for the help

researches.xml

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

@Solver Illunak made a really nice move with that awareness mod in the workshop. Well done, i guess i will take a page from that.

@spedake

1. Install that not installed mod.
2. Make a backup of your original researches.xml in the Xenonauts\assets\mods\xce folder. Overwrite with this one researches.xml
3. Start the game, sell 1 alloy, save the game.
4. Reinstate the original researches.xml

1 hour ago, Charon said:

Hel

I don't know what trick you used, but it worked perfectly, thank you so much Charon :o

Edited by spedake

hey
sorry to bother, but i kinda messed up my gameconfig file...
can anyone please send me a copy of the original one?
i forgot to make a backup and i accidentaly deleted some stuff

19 minutes ago, Kyuji said:

i kinda messed up my gameconfig file...
i forgot to make a backup and i accidentaly deleted some stuff

Best way would simply to "re-install" Xenonauts on your system by "verifying" the files (if you're playing the game via either "Steam"-client of "GOG Galaxy" at least); this process should re-add the missing or or replace / repair corrupted files.
(( Alternatively, you can simply also use the "installer.exe"-file to re-install the game, if you have the file. ))

Make sure to back-up your game-save-files first though just in case!

---
---
---

Edited by Pave

9 minutes ago, Pave said:

Best way would simply to "re-install" Xenonauts on your system by "verifying" the files (if you're playing the game via either "Steam"-client of "GOG Galaxy" at least); this process should re-add the missing or or replace / repair corrupted files.
(( Alternatively, you can simply also use the "installer.exe"-file to re-install the game, if you have the file. ))

Make sure to back-up your game-save-files first though just in case!

---
---
---

i have the GOG version, but i don't use galaxy
would you please give me the file?
i dont wanna re install just fo it

1. How do I modify the xml for characteristics of UFOs with respect to their appearance/timescale in waves? 

OR

2. How do I modify the gamesave to gift myself an item, specifically a UFO datacore? 

Hello all.

Can anyone comment on these parameters? Never faced such behavior, how exactly does it work?

<ufoProtectionDistance comment="This is the maximum distance until the AI is protecting crashed UFOs." value="2000"/>

<ufoProtectionChanceLimit comment="This is the limit of the protection mission launch." value="1000"/>