This mod revised the climatic zones on the global map, making the terrain (tileset) in tactical battles more appropriate to the geographic location.
Overview of major changes:
1. Mod reduces the chance of tactical mission on industrial tileset for sparsely populated areas such as deserts, jungles, taiga (without mod chance of industrial map usually 50%).
2. In general, different climatic zones now have smooth borders.
3. North America. Added big forest areas in Canada. Partially spread arctic and tundra zones to the British Columbia (Canada). Extended the desert area to Nevada, Utah and Colorado, and removed it from Arkansas. Replaced swamps in Alabama, Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia and Florida on farms and tropical. Partially replaced the tropical zone in the South Mexico on the desert.
4. South America. Added the Atacama Desert in Peru. Added tundra zone of the Andes (Chile) and southern Argentina. Added farms instead of tropics on North West coast and a little in the basins of Amazon and Orinoco. Changed location of tropics and swamps in the Central part of the continent.
5. Africa. In the Sahara Desert greatly reduced the likelihood of industrial and Middle East tilesets, fights will mostly take place in the desert (which is logical). Farms in the Kalahari Desert (?!) was replaced by a desert one. Added some swamps in the Congo area. The Nile delta now has a farm tileset :).
6. Australia and Oceania. Farm zone in Central Australia replaced by desert. A marshy area in New Zealand and East of Australia replaced by farms and tropics. Added tropical to the South East and North of Australia. Increased the chances of generating tropics and swamps in South East Asia.
7. Eurasia. Significantly increased the forest area in the Siberian taiga. The cold regions of Tibet and the Alps now have a tundra tileset. Increased the chances of industrial zone in Japan and Eastern India. In Saudi Arabia, there is a possibility of desert maps (in addition to Middle East). Expanded the Middle Eastern zone to India (instead of tropics and swamps), Uzbekistan, South of Spain, the Red Sea coast.
1. Download and install
- Xenonauts: Community Edition (https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/forum/23-xce-release-announcements)
- Tropical and Swamp Tileset (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=773696345, also included in X:CE pack)
- Khall's Tundra Tileset (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=338412029, also included in X:CE pack)
2. Download and install this mod. Place it on mod list higher than “Tropical and Swamp Tileset” and “Khall's Tundra Tileset”.
Geographic revision 1.1.zip
1.1. - Fixed minor color dismatch (this was the reason for choosing the wrong tileset)
The game stores information about climate zones in two maps at once, variant 1 and 2. When generating a tactical mission, tileset selected according to the color of the point on the map (variant of map selected randomly).
This mod should be compatible almost with any other mods.
Your comments are welcome.
I also recommend mod "Geographic addition" (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=705553557) or