So I was watching ClosetYeti run through the latest Xenonauts version and playing some myself and I had this question.

Is it possible for your LMG or sniper guys to spend a turn setting up? As in, they might drop a bi-pod or something so that the following turn they are more accurate?

Just curious because with the animation with the machine-gunner when he crouches it looks like it might be possible.

Visually it'd be too much of a hassle but mechanically yeah. Although it's kinda already in because these bulkier weapons get an accuracy penalty if the soldier's moved that turn. This sort of simulates the weapon setup at the start of the turn which is broken if the guy moves.

So I was watching ClosetYeti run through the latest Xenonauts version and playing some myself and I had this question.

Is it possible for your LMG or sniper guys to spend a turn setting up? As in, they might drop a bi-pod or something so that the following turn they are more accurate?

Just curious because with the animation with the machine-gunner when he crouches it looks like it might be possible.

There was an option like this in Silent Storm, where you could line up shot and aim at a target in sniper mode in one turn and fire in the next one.

Don't know if that's translatable for Xenonauts mechanics, since I havent yet to play it ;)

Yeah, more like a DMR than a true sniper rifle.

Which is the real purpose of the G3A3ZF, the weapon depicted in Xenonauts. Although if we'd want to stay more real then you'd have either 5, 10 or 20 bullets in a magazine and you'd be able to switch to full auto, not that it would be enjoyable with a high magnification scope and the kick of 7.62mm battle rifle.

Ugh...FN FAL full auto flashbacks...

[sarcasm] Boy, that sounds like loads of fun! [/sarcasm]

I do like the FAL, though. I think it'd be a fun gun to own, if only to go shooting out in the sticks every once in a while. Ammo prices being what they are, though, I dunno if I'd be able to do it as often as I'd like.