Suggested translation guidelines

Safaquel

Just a quick note to say I've now organised the strings.xml alphabetically (in the last release), and will do so in future too. Sorry for screwing up any previous work but it should make things easier in future.

Nah, that's cool. Now if only I could actually complete the game...

By far the most interest we've had is for Russian and German translations. After that, potentially French / Spanish.
...we've had various offers for translations but I've not really committed to any of them yet, barring a Spanish translator that has agreed to work for free for his name on the translated version title screen (so he'll get the first go at translating it to Spanish).

We may never see this translator or interact with his work, i think, since those are kind of special circumstances established before creation of this subforum.

But you are free to do your own translation, probably it will not be built-in, but nevertheless very easy to share and install.

Edited by a333

• 3 weeks later...

I can do Italian

I worked both in the medical and military sector so I should be good for autopsy and weaponry

Are these going to be "official" translations?

ie, are they then going to be avaialbe on Steam to the wider public?

• 2 months later...

2. Localize the game.

That means, if you're German, make the game feel as if it were made by germans. Or at least as if the germans were watching over the designers' shoulders and pointing out how their inferior design should strive to meet the uebermensch standards. It also means you germanify all the names, because you don't really want the game to sound foreign to the players (it kinda defeats the purpose of translation and localization).

So, does the lead scientist act like an arrogant prick in all of the other translations, or is this just a British thing? :P

So, does the lead scientist act like an arrogant prick in all of the other translations, or is this just a British thing? :P

He should feel roughly like that mad doctor from Battlestar Galactica -- he is exactly the type, sans schizophrenia and mystic experiences.