[V18.1 - Standalone - Ground] CTD Moving through smoke

Playing a night mission on the snow-covered map with the lake in the middle. Threw smoke grenade for cover, tried to move soldier through and the game up and crashed on me. The game crashed right after the grunt from the soldier moving into the smoke played.

Either of my shotgun-toting mans has a smoke grenade. Try it out!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f5nzsbzsfzct16q/QRhsi34nEK

Edited by Assoonasitis

Happened to me as well, CTD twice now.

First time it happened right after the npc soldier walked into the smoke/flames left by my AP RPG round

Second CTD happened when i moved my own soldier into smokescreen left by my smoke grenade.

most recently with a Caesan walking into smoke from a rocket blast fired the turn before.

The crash doesn't appear to happen until the alien moves into a smoking tile.

(if an alien survives a rocket blast, and his tile becomes smokey, that is not enough, it seems he has to move into another smoking tile before the crash)

Yup, reprod this. I'll pass it on to the relevant coder to fix for the next release.
Is there any possibly of getting a hot fix for this one and the shooting through objects bug? They are pretty much show stoppers for me at least. I can't really make any comments about game balance if the aliens have such a huge advantage in ground combat and obviously if the game crashes it's pretty frustrating to do much testing. The other bugs are relatively minor in comparision.

Is there any possibly of getting a hot fix for this one and the shooting through objects bug? They are pretty much show stoppers for me at least. I can't really make any comments about game balance if the aliens have such a huge advantage in ground combat and obviously if the game crashes it's pretty frustrating to do much testing. The other bugs are relatively minor in comparision.

Ooh, yes. Hotfixes.