Build V18 Missing Sounds

If you notice any missing sounds in the game, post them in this thread. This is most commonly manifested by moving across terrain and the wrong footsteps (or no footsteps at all) are played, but a similar effect with bullet impacts etc may also be observed.

In any case, report them here and we'll try to fix them.

Some of the tiles toward the entrance of the light scout (but outside) use the metal clank footstep sound. The tiles are near the corners.

Also, I've done a few night missions now, and the music is awesome.

I refuse to participate in any night missions until there is a chance I will not be annihilated completely by aliens I can't see because my two flares per soldier all got stuck in trees. (Please let us change how many flares our soldiers carry.)

No footstep sounds in alien base either (at night). Both xenonauts and aliens.

Edit: Reloading Precision Plasma Rifle makes no sound as well (laser weapons have this cool charging up sound when realoading). I don't have any other plasma weapons to try this on as of yet.

Caesans have no footstep sounds on grass and dirt/sand (or whatever it is in the northmost corner of one of the terror missions).

Edited by Shima

I hope this belongs here:

When clicking either the soldiers directly or their portraits the "click" sound sometimes does not appear. So it's a missing feedback. I could not make out what the cause is.

As a side note: I wondered if this sound is suitable. When playing with speakers I sometimes could not distinguish it from my mouse clicking. In Hearts Of Iron III there is a similar soundfeeback but it's a double-click.

In a desert map with a scout far to the west of the screen, I could hear no footsteps in the chinook, but I could hear footsteps in the sand. There weren't any buildings, just pillars of rock and stuff, for reference. It was in mid Africa where I shot the punk down, also for reference. Lightly damaged scout, also for reference. Several of my squad died, not really for reference but to congratulate you for making those darn reptilian punks so good at what they do.

Mag rifle makes wrong sound when firing single shots (sounds like plasma shots I think). At least when compared to its burst fire sound. Magstorm (infantry) has the same sound as light drone burst attack.

Edited by Shima

• 2 weeks later...