[v17.91 - Ground Combat/Base] Jackal armor vanished after death

Don't know if it is by design.

On a battle, one of my soldiers wearing jackal died. I won the battle, then went to pass the armor along to other soldier, but the armor never appeared again.

What is the explanation? Bug? It was uterlly destroyed by the aliens? Team forgot the body of the soldier on the battlefield?

One of the above?

It's been reported before, but it does no harm to keep reporting it, because the same applies to any equipment that a solider has who dies or is sent to the medical ward. At the moment, all you can do is make spares. Lots and lots of spares.

Probably not enough to still function after the wearer dies.

If you survive a hit you can assume the armour is still fit for purpose after a few repairs.

If you don't survive the hit it obviously had some kind of catastrophic failure and needs to be disposed of.

Maybe you could recover a few alien alloys from the corpse of your own troops wearing wolf armour but otherwise it makes sense to me that the armour is lost along with the soldier.

Plus who would want to wear 'Widowmaker' the set of fourth or fifth hand armour that so far has been the favourite possession of several other Xenonaut troops, who for some reason no longer require it.

I suppose it would be lighter than other armour of its type though, due to all those places where it is thinner or has bits missing.

i still get this bug in 17.91. the guys that get killed i can understand but the ones that go to the doc losing all the gear is game killing as gear cost so much, is there a way to keep them for losing gear or a way to lower the cost on replacement gear?

i still get this bug in 17.91. the guys that get killed i can understand but the ones that go to the doc losing all the gear is game killing as gear cost so much, is there a way to keep them for losing gear or a way to lower the cost on replacement gear?

Sure you still get this one, as no new build has been released after it has been fixed.