17.52 - Geoscape Game freeze

I got a freeze in the geoscape.

Recent mission, completed a terror site (with some bad ass aliens that were tough).

I had a few units in the infirmary about to get well

I was researching 3 things about to be completed (all had excellent)

1. Stun Wepons
  2. Toxin Grenade
  3. Alien Plasma technology

The sound kept playing. After a minute or so I tabbed. The sound kept playing.

Game was marked as "Not responding" on my machine.

Computer info:

Thinkpad T530

intel core i7

12 GB ram (hell yea!)

64 bit win 7

built in graphics

I'll try and reproduce now ;)

It seems to be the completion of researching stun weapons that cause the geoscape to freeze.

I've had three frezzes now (from the same save game)

I focused al research on Stun Weapons, discovered it ok

I then focused all research on Alien Plasma technology, discovered it ok

I then focused all research on Toxin Grenade, game freeze.

I have verified that noone was being moved from sickbay to active rooster and I was no't producing anything in my workshops in either of the games.

In my third attempt I did not go on any missions/interceptions, I just clicked cancel.

Hmm, So I tested a few more times and I cancelled all reasearch The three last times it crashed on the 25:th of septemeber 09:46 I think it was. I can't take screen shots for some reason so i can't show it like that.. Next attemt the clock was 09:50.

I think my first crash was on the 27:th so I assume it is a new thing about to happen?! Perhaps a new ship joining the game.

I've met small scout, scout and a squadron of them tiny things. You can see how far I've come in time and research. You devs probably know what's about to happen at that stage.

Drop me an email if you want the save game..

I am getting a geoscape freeze too. Seems to be around (but not exactly) the same time at 23:30-23:40 on 6th October. Cant see anything that would cause it... I am researching the Plasma Cannon and have tried taking all but 1 scientist off of it but makes no difference. Few soldiers injured but only just got injured in terror mission so they shouldnt be due back.

Not sure what the problem is. Can try and send over my save file if that helps?

I suspect that the game hang-up because new type of UFO enter the map. I halted all production ( 3-rd MIG) and all reserch ( alloy fabrication i allenium warhead). On 29 September, morning, games allways freeze. Mayby ( my MiG-s and F-17`s have fighted with light scout and scout) UFO fighter enters the air-space (light figter). Or first UFO town attack.....

I have completed a bunch of normal crash-site missions (only during the day as I am afraid of the dark). I have completed a terror site as well without any problems.

I have completed two or three scout crash site missions as well.

Just trying to help eliminate false candidates for the cause of the freeze

I suspect that the game hang-up because new type of UFO enter the map. I halted all production ( 3-rd MIG) and all reserch ( alloy fabrication i allenium warhead). On 29 September, morning, games allways freeze. Mayby ( my MiG-s and F-17`s have fighted with light scout and scout) UFO fighter enters the air-space (light figter). Or first UFO town attack.....

same for me too - on 29th sept and on 6:45

See if I'm scared!

I'm a ninja, noone can sneak up on me!

Except another ninja...

But anyway same issue for me freezing on 29th sometime just after 6am. Tried new games where I research nothing and just skip through everything as fast a possible same result at the same time roughly.

Hope a fix comes soon as I cannot progress past this point till it does :(