For the animation, they could make a stream of liquid that changes color of fire leading to the point of impact. The point of impact becomes ignited. The ground is set fire along the path of the stream.

How many sprites do you imagine this will require? (especially that changing colour part :S)

How many sprites do you imagine this will require? (especially that changing colour part :S)

Im sorry guys, we can't implement that. Im pretty sure the military doesn't have flame trails on all their grenades, it's not realistic.

Oh I don't know, maybe a rainbow line would be too tough to implement.

The aliens already use plasma tech, why not a plasma spray.

Shorter range and less focused than their standard weapons but would be pretty deadly.

I think I saw somewhere (probably this thread, actually) that the aliens will/may already have a "plasma thrower" as a weapon.

EDIT: Yeah, post #3 on this thread says there will be.

Edited by GizmoGomez
Updated information

• 4 weeks later...

Weren't the aliens in Signs suffering the same condition? Not just with salt water either, if I remember correctly. "Hey! This here planet consists mainly of an element that is corrosive to us, what say we head over there?"

Regarding flamethrowers, I do hope they make it in the game. Pretty useful for clearing rooms and UFOs, and any other confined spaces. Though I'm pretty sure the whole "fried operator" is Hollywood rule of cool. The fluids are ignited only after leaving the nozzle (can't remember the name of that thingy. Primer flame? Ignition flame? The lighter attached to the front of the damn thing!).

Weren't the aliens in Signs suffering the same condition? Not just with salt water either, if I remember correctly. "Hey! This here planet consists mainly of an element that is corrosive to us, what say we head over there?"

Regarding flamethrowers, I do hope they make it in the game. Pretty useful for clearing rooms and UFOs, and any other confined spaces. Though I'm pretty sure the whole "fried operator" is Hollywood rule of cool. The fluids are ignited only after leaving the nozzle (can't remember the name of that thingy. Primer flame? Ignition flame? The lighter attached to the front of the damn thing!).

Hey Swe_Racoon! Haven't seen you post for a while so welcome back!

If you have been around and posting, then you can put up a similar congratulatory post on the return of my eyesight.

I call it the pilot light. It's called this after the failed attempt at dangling a pilot fish in front of the flammenwerfer and hoping for the best, had mixed results.

FishPilot.jpg

Hey Swe_Racoon! Haven't seen you post for a while so welcome back!

If you have been around and posting, then you can put up a similar congratulatory post on the return of my eyesight.

Ah, my thanks, good sir or lady!

I call it the pilot light. It's called this after the failed attempt at dangling a pilot fish in front of the flammenwerfer and hoping for the best, had mixed results.

FishPilot.jpg

Judging by the facial expression of the fish in question, it doesn't seem to have been a rather pleasant experience for it. I didn't even know there was such a fish, to be honest :eek: