Nope, we don't have any knockback weapons yet. It's an interesting idea, although we'd have to think carefully about how it would work in-game. Shooting an alien off the roof of a building would be pretty awesome though. I suspect the animations required would be too much trouble though.

In terms of vaulting over cover and kicking people in the face, I very much doubt that'll be making an appearence in the game :)

Nope, we don't have any knockback weapons yet. It's an interesting idea, although we'd have to think carefully about how it would work in-game. Shooting an alien off the roof of a building would be pretty awesome though. I suspect the animations required would be too much trouble though.

Awwwwwww but I wanna shoot the alien off the roof

Edited by MickeyC

Flank, penetration, explosives and fire.

Yeah, there's plenty I'd say. And it will probably be feasible to incorporate the combat shield into cover breaching tactics, the most obvious example being using the shield to get close before lobbing a grenade.

And there's always the tried and true rookie death squad stun baton charge.

Edited by Jean-Luc

• 3 weeks later...

And there's always the tried and true rookie death squad stun baton charge.

LOL.. never thought about them being 'death squads' ... don't think I had a single promotion/survivor that didn't do a map or two naked except for the stun baton. Giving a rookie a projectile weapon was pointless. I always considered it more a 'rite of passage'.

Sorry for digging up old threads but I just read this as I was looking for something else.

"Lobster Man laughs at your puny weapon!"

But jokes aside, I would actually love to see some kind of alien weaponry that can take break our own guys out of cover! (if not added already).

Specifically the combat shields... I don't know why. But every time I picture myself using the combat shields, I see an unbreakable roman testudo-formation with tier 3 pistols/tier 3 batons... And the aliens can't even begin find a hole in my indestructible wall. Although I must admit I haven't tested it out yet. But at least in theory. It seams like a plasmaproof tactic.

Hope its not completely of topic -.-

Combat shields aren't foolproof either I think. You can still be shot over them from what Chris has insinuated (they're portable cover, and cover isn't perfect protection).

Explosives also bleed through cover, even if they don't destroy it as well it seems.