Turn-based Strategy revival!

ooey

I did go and have a look. And yeah, Steam might know, but they ain't sharing. However, you get little gems pop up from time-to-time about specific games. Like how Atom Zombie Smasher got more sales through Steam than any other portal combined.Or the Witcher 2, 200,000 copies through Steam (at the time of writing of that article). It does seem that Steam is THE source for digital download. Almost bar none. But if the little peeks behind the curtain are anything to go by, PC gaming is here to stay.

• 3 months later...
The best turn based strategy game ever is Market Glory.

MarketGlory is a strategy game, in which you have the possibility to convert your virtual currency into real money. It is an online browser game, therefore you don't need any other programs installed in order to play. It is one of the few business games where you are rewarded for your daily activity. As a simulation game, it offers you the possibility to fight, work, open companies, start wars. It is a very complex game , and the more you play it, the more options you find for your own development.

not quite the same TBS game as what i'm into. I like killing aliens who are attempting to steal my faberge eggs

Problem with anything Steam says that it's always "Yup just had 700% increase in sales", "welp, another 200% increase in sales", but they haven't ever told actual figures.

There's very little numbers on digital from any store, unfortunately. I'd say digital already sells (much) more than retail, but by how much, don't think there's any figures on that.

They are talking about profits from sales, not number of games sold.

• 3 weeks later...

To say that PC gaming is dying seems quite odd, considering that indie devs seem to be on the rise (only what I've gathered though). Also, some games are just better on the PC than the console (Halo Wars springs to mind, what an utter waste of money that was).

I couldn't care less for which system someone plays on, whatever maintains your vessel's buoyancy and so on, but elitist pricks just rub me the worst way possible. Not that they are wrong in what they say, sometimes, but the way they put it is done simply to emphasise their "greatness". There was this guy on the XCOM: EU forums once who said console gamers were incapable of "coherent thinking". I just hate those guys, and wish they'd wake up naked in a fish dish.

/rant on elitism

Now as regards to TBS/TBT I really hope we see more of those games as I more or less love anything turn-based. It'd make a nice change of scenery to all these on-rails FPS/MMS that a lot of AAA devs seem to be going for these days.

To say that PC gaming is dying seems quite odd, considering that indie devs seem to be on the rise (only what I've gathered though).

From the perspective of the big publishers the PC is dying because they don't seem to sell as many copies of Generic Ops XXXVII: The Quick Time and the Dead.

This isn't because PC gamers are any better or more discerning as far as I can tell.

To be honest if I could get hold of exactly the same games and play them in the same way on a little box connected to a TV or on a large gaming rig in the corner of the room I would probably choose the smaller, cheaper option.

However console devs don't give their customers that kind of choice so I will stick to the PC for now.

Turn based games are a neglected niche though that indie devs appear to be more in touch with.

A nice advantage of the PC game scene that.