[V8.2 - Ground Combat] - Soldier Frozen in Doorway After Attempting To Go Through It

This isn't the first bug I've found in V8.2, but all the other ones that I have found are quite obvious; I'm sure Chris is aware of them.

This bug happened when I tried to move one of my troops through the front doorway that belongs to the building all the way up in the top right corner of the map. My soldier completely froze up after attempting to walk through the aforementioned doorway. He would not walk backwards, he would not shoot, he would not turn, etc. I ended up having to just leave him there for the rest of the battle.

Here's a screenshot:

1701ff6b0c342fe04b4f125bdeeeb853.png

Happy bug-hunting! ;)

Edited by Brosama
oops

I haven't had it this build at all. Thought it had been fixed.

I hadn't played many ground missions in this build, but i have experienced this bug 2 times in 3 missions... :S I can also confirm that the sound of the footsteps loop while the soldier is frozen

EDIT: i think i broke the loop when i forced the soldier to shoot at a tile (but i'm not sure if it was possible the first turn he got stuck, i think i did it a few turns later)

Edited by S0ny_B1ack

I also ran into the door bug. I opened the door but could not go through. I read somewhere where someone tried to do a kneel and stand before going through so I tried that and it worked. This only happened to me once in the geoscape in question, other times there was no problem.

I've seen a slight variance on this, where I had a soldier actually stuck outside the UFO. He was not actually in the doorway, but appeared to be stuck on the tile to the right. I was able to turn the soldier, but otherwise unable to move them at all. If I can replicate it again, I'll try to get a decent screen shot.

Just came across this bug, first play of the preorder demo.

I had double-clicked one unit past the door from 10 units away and ended up stuck outside in the doorway unable to move. Also had the looping footstep sound (continuing through Hidden Movement, etc.)

7DJ2V.jpg

I was able to "escape" by right-clicking on my next turn, it may have been to one of his sides or just in front of him, I'm still not quite sure exactly how it happened. Either way, the sound stopped looping and I was FREE! I guess since right-clicking is to just open a door and not walk through it, the action may have caused the game to believe the door was now open (even though it already was) and free of obstructions.