Right, just doing a final check before I leave. Yes, expect V8.2 on Thursday. Sorry about the delays.

If you want to make a video, I'm fine with that. I think the game is sufficiently polished to start showing off now as long as people adequately flag that the game is just an alpha and is still a work in progress.

That's me over and out for now. Have a good few days, guys!

Start of next week maybe? Might be earlier though.

Next build should have manufacturing, research, UFO in the ground combat (rather than an Evil Shed) and various bug fixes and animation improvements.

What of Soldiers and levelling them? Any word regarding this? Because if there is a (limited) research tree and soldier training/levelling we actually have the first build that has a bit of continuity to play. Well we can only hope I guess!

Can't wait!

I don't mind waiting another week to start playing the new build as I know you're working tirelessly on this game. Is one of the bugfixes savegames on the Geoscape?

Anyways I don't mind waiting but I would like to know, if possible, if there has been any delays because I tend to stay up around 1 AM anxiously waiting for a patch but that is just me. Doesn't have to be long or apologetic, kind of like the last 2 delay threads.

Edited by Da-Fort

I wasn't trying to offend anybody, I'm surprised that it bothered you really given that you're in Australia. It's just a standard thing here, how on earth were you bothered by it? o_O Unless you're just visiting, I guess.

Just to clarify, we're required to use Desura to get it? In that case I'll just wait for the Steam release xD. We did get promised keys for Steam AFAIK.

I don't really mind swearing, its more the context. Best to keep things calm, stop folks typing stuff they'll regret or cause arguments. Lack of vocal tone and inflection and all that.

Yeah, currently its through Desura only. Its easier for the team (since all the new versions are patches on the previous version and everyone has the same version). Still not perfectly sure if its going to be on Steam, but its the planned primary final distributor.

Desura's not bad though. Its quite unobtrusive and you can find alot of interesting indie games there.

V8.2 is due out tonight - in a few hours. The UFO map is taking SO LONG to do but we've pretty much got it nailed now. There's still some peculiar tile behaviours with it but we'll sort that out in V8.3 which will be a bugfix update to fix all the inevitable issues that are going to arise with everything!

V8.2 is due out tonight - in a few hours. The UFO map is taking SO LONG to do but we've pretty much got it nailed now. There's still some peculiar tile behaviours with it but we'll sort that out in V8.3 which will be a bugfix update to fix all the inevitable issues that are going to arise with everything!

Great news :D Take your time to finish everything :)

Sweet, a real UFO to fight over. I'm going to miss the Evil Alien Shed however, it brought back the feeling of a training exercise from my army days when I was attacking it. The NZ Army in the '90s was nearly broke so we had to use a lot of imagination on exercises, "See that rock surrounded by tussock? It's an enemy bunker. Attack it."