Build V8.1 is just a collection of bugfixes related to V8 that have been reported to us. The biggest one is the fact that you can now reselect the resolution of the game.

V8.2 is due towards the end of this week and will contain the Research tree and ground combat Save / Load features, plus any additional bugfixes that are required.

Patch notes below (other changes have also happened but are not listed):

• Re-added the resolution changer box - you can now choose what display size for the game to run in.
  • Main title screen images updated.
  • Aircraft cannon images updated.
  • UFOs now disappear correctly from Geoscape when escaping to space.
  • Deprecated short range radar graphic removed from the Geoscape.
  • Commence / Resume operation text is now clickable on the title screen, rather than just the checkbox.
  • Quitting a game now takes you to Main Menu rather than desktop.
  • Save game now also saves on pressing Enter after typing a game name.
  • Double clicking on a save in Load Game screen loads it up automatically.
  • Save games must now have unique names.
  • Aircraft weapon slots are now labelled with their type - Normal, Heavy or Cannon.
  • Aircraft can now Tail UFOs (and also tail them until they are over land)

If you've got a Premium pre-order of the game, it might take a couple of hours for the Desura patch to be updated. The Standard branch on Desura is fine but I was having trouble uploading it to the Premium branch and I only did that about half an hour ago. Hopefully the approval will be fast but there's no guarantee - the Standard branch took about 2 hours to be approved.

hi just noticed something strange. Either its a bug or i'm missing something. When i start the game and choose load game, I cannot load a game and even have to use ctrl alt del to quit the game. But when i choose new game and esc then load a game from within the game it works fine. Hmm am i doing something wrong?

when i started the v8.1 game the v8 saves seem to have completely disappeared. The load screen was empty. so i started a new game. quit. tried to load it and problems. Then i started a new game again used esc inside the game and chose load game and it loaded fine. not a big problem just weird.

So, basically we got a patch called 8.1 that is really 8.0 to fix the bugs so that we could have some of the features back that we had in 7.5.1 and so that 8.0 would work the way it was supposed.

But research tree and new land battle maps randomly generated and a few other features that

were supposed to be in the 8.1 never made it.

Yes, it was a hot fix that was supposed to come out before Friday.

So, maybe in the next update we will see the new maps or a research tree.

Well obviously we couldn't release a fix for V8 and call it V8, could we?

The research tree should be in the next build. There's already randomised maps in the current build, and though there may be a little more variation in the next release it's not like there'll be whole new tilesets to use.

Randomized maps in the current build that sounds good. Haven't really had a chance to try it-will soon though.

How about 8.01 and when research tree is added 8.1, well if you added randomized maps then yeah 8.1.

It was just that we were expecting the research tree and the other features.

How was the wedding? (I hate weddings, I'll use any excuse so as not to attend one) Hope you enjoyed it.

Have you had a chance to play any Skyrim?

You need to, for that the research tree can wait:)

Edited by windex

Sadly no Skyrim :( Wedding was a good evening but it was such a trek to get there it was ridiculous. I left on Friday night and got back on Sunday night, which is a long way to go for one evening.

Brosama - have you updated your game on Desura (the little update button next to the game on your game list)? It doesn't autoupdate. V8.1 should have the resolution chooser box in it.