soldiers and wounds

hey i have a question,

i remember from the original x-com that a wounded soldier could recieve fatal wounds and basicly bleed to death if you dont have medpack or finish the mision fast enough.

now my question is do the xenonaut soldiers have a chanse to get a fatal wound when they are hit and dont die?

i dont have any demo or alpha or anything i'm just going to buy the game when it comes out that is for sure but i'm just a bit curious

thank you

I was thinking about this a few weeks back, and totally forgot to post it up. Right up there with instant transfers for me.

I don't really use the medi kits at all at present, mainly because no one has ever deteriorated having suffered a wound.

It was quite integral to the x-com missions. From loading out enough troops with medikits, r&d when you were also trying to get to lasers and improved craft, all the times you had to race troops across the map to save a colleague - who would often still be under fire. and so on

With Xenonauts looking to improve the feel of the original, I do agree that this one would be a bit of a loss. I honestly thought that this was something that would appear in later builds, but would that be incorrect?

Healing grenades? what are you referring to Ljas?

The grenade throwing animation used for healing. The animation is definitely placeholder, that much I'm sure of. :P

Other than that, yeah, an X-Com-ish or JA2-ish wound system would be nice. One shouldn't be able to use a medkit to just magically restore hp and have the guy go on as if nothing happened. Rather it should be a way to merely patch up your guys to prevent deaths and lower recovery time once you're back in base.

This is a bit insane of me, but I have been thinking about how FUN it would be to have a medical system based how wounds are handled in Dwarf Fortress. It would not need to be as detailed, but having it capable of handling bleeding out, burns, going into shock, breaking bones, lung puncturing, and straight up limb loss would add a lot to the stories that are created while playing. With that being said I would realistically like to have something similar to how the original X-Com functioned.

it's just that they are saying we are aiming for the same feel and so for xenonauts as the original x-com and wll it was realy something using the medikits to save your soldiers from bleeding to death and if i remember corectly the medikit in x-com never gave health back it only stoped the fatal wounds from beeing ..yeah fatal

also does beeing wounded (just the loss of hp not the fact wheter i have fatal ones or not) have any effect on accuracy at all at the moment just like the original?

Sorry for double post but I also wanted to point out that current health loss system should be more restrictive.

I propose a simple system: when a soldier loses 60% health his stats (accuracy, bravery, etc.) are also lowered by 60%.

That would force a player to make a choice: he either withdraws wounded soldier from the first line in order to save him or he goes berserk with him, essentialy sacrificing him.

Oh, yeah. I'm definitely on with limb losses. Cybernetic soldiers a la Syndicate ftw! (Lose a limb in the first few months and you're still effed of course.)

that would mean redoeing all the sprites and animations for all the weapons and such seems a bit too much :D

no my question was will there be a form of bleeding damge or wounds or somthing like that just like the wounded system of the original x-com

Fair point, I'd forgotten about this. Yes, we should put bleeding wounds into the game. Although with some kind of notification that they are there, rather than your soldiers just keeling over an dying if you weren't paying attention a la X-Com.