Precision Shots: Head, Eyes, etc...

How would you want that to work?

What would be the benefit over the current system?

Well, if you hit the head the probability of a serious injury is higher than let's say, hitting the torso.

But now, after thinkinh about it, there's no way of implementing those. We can't blind the enemies (or be blinded by them). Those are status there are no in the game (bleeding, blind, confused). Moderator can delete this thread, it's useless.

It's kind of implied with the right click improved aiming though isn't it?

I'm not sure the game needs it as it's fluff. I rarely used it in F3/NV (exceptions later on in game with certain perks, especially in F3 where close range Combat Shotgun headshots were instakills on pretty much everything), and I pretty much *never* use it in F1 and F2.

Ufo: Aftermath and Afterlight did this, for sniper rifle armed-and-trained squaddies only. The result? The only aimed shot of value was the headshot. The critical damage done was enough to either kill or severely wound even the nastiest of critters (beastman matriachs, anyone?), and dead is better than wounded.

Ufo: Aftermath and Afterlight did this, for sniper rifle armed-and-trained squaddies only. The result? The only aimed shot of value was the headshot. The critical damage done was enough to either kill or severely wound even the nastiest of critters (beastman matriachs, anyone?), and dead is better than wounded.

Well that's a good Idea. Maybe the snipers could have this "head shot" option to try an instant kill??

That is why you get a 10% damage bonus for taking apart an enemy to find its weak spot.

Instant kills are a bit over the top for me.

If snipers are the only ones that can get those kills then you have no reason to bring anything but snipers along.

They already have a better accuracy, longer range, and better armour penetration.

I think that adequately represents the strengths of a sniper without making them too powerful.

• 4 months later...

Hmmm... The post about different stati (plural of status?) like blindness, confusion, bleeding etc. was kind of interesting. Why aren't there plans to implement those? I assume there is panic, so maybe different other mali like the ones mentioned above would add some suspense to tactical gameplay.

LOL. The way the Xenonauts shoot in the game it's a miracle they don't shoot themselves in the head! Targeting specific body parts is kind of joke when you think about it. I would have a very hard time reconciling a Xenonaut carefully aiming for the head of alien a 100 yards away only to kill his buddy standing right next to him (yes, it is possible right now.)

• 1 month later...

IDEA

head shots should kill or do double damage

arm shots dont do much health damage but mess up aim (-30) aim pen

leg shots do normal damage and double AP use for walking

Torso shots just Fk you up,

as for aiming at a body part like in say...fall out...Right click on the target to cycle from snap, to aim to a little picture of the alien and the round tries to hit the part yoyu click (legs, arms, torso, head) -20 aim penalty

normal shots hit as they land

hows that fit in your britches?

Well, just like every game that does that, I wouldn't bother with any shot except the shot that does the most damage. Why should I fart about disarming my opponent when I can just kill him?

You could make arms and legs a lot easier to hit (I can hear the guys advocating realism screaming at this suggestion) but deal much less damage, + the specific status affliction.

You could make headshots have an average of 8% chance to hit (up to 18-22% for when you stand with a shotgun 1 square away pointing it straight at them so they are staring down the barrel) but deal 4-6 times the ammount of damage.

In that circumstance you won't really use it alot. But you might want to consider it if you only have enough AP for one shot from your last guy that is still alive, and if you dont kill that full health andron he is going to rape you next turn.

Edit: This is assuming the unit can regularly get around 90% average on normal shots. just to clearify the difference in likelyhood of getting that shot to land. I think it should be abyssmal, a gamble that is not usually worth it.

Edited by Gorlom