51f267f2cb44692a0211e239bd986b99  xce-035.zip
solver@spooky:/mnt/win_d/xenogit/repo/xce-package$ 7z t xce-035.zip | tail -8
Testing     Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe

Everything is Ok

Folders: 3178
Files: 39864
Size:       333980662
Compressed: 221868829

It seems to me your computer doesn't like the file for some reason. 

Check the downloads section again - I've also added a 7z compressed version, xce-035.7z with the same contents. Perhaps you get better results with that?

On 6/7/2018 at 5:20 PM, pedrog said:

In linux steam version is still 0.34.1

June 12th: no change. Perhaps linux branch hasn't the same agenda as windows branch?

I have no idea how anyone could even get 0.34.1 on Linux. There are no working Linux Steam branches, only the vanilla game works on Linux Steam properly as far as I know, and I usually recommend a manual installation and Wine.

i selected community in the properties and then betas tab. It needs wine to play... otherwise it just does not run. But it works fine so far. only not the latest version

Same here. Game launcher uses Wine but all the game files and mods are stored under the "Steam for Linux" or Steam OS tree, not under any Wine prefix tree (as in case I had manually installed a non-Steam, Windows version of the game, or if I had ran Steam for Windows with Wine), and those files are Windows typed. Problem that I have is that subscribing mods on Steam doesn't work (they are never downloaded). I have to manually download the mods I want to play with, and put them into './.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Xenonauts/assets/mods' (all my Steam games, whether Windows or Linux versions, are stored under './.steam/steam/steamapps/common', by the way).

Is there any people at Steam who can be asked to "backport" any update on Steam for Windows to Steam for Linux?

Huh so it works differently since the last time I tried. I'll take a stab at setting the Linux branch to 0.35 too. I'm a heavy Linux user and would like that myself.

Fascinating that the Steam tool for actually uploading files to Steam is still only available for Windows.

On 6/12/2018 at 8:29 PM, Solver said:

It seems to me your computer doesn't like the file for some reason. 

Check the downloads section again - I've also added a 7z compressed version, xce-035.7z with the same contents. Perhaps you get better results with that? 

Thanks!

For any reason my computer didn't like the other format. In 7z it worked good. In addition, the 7z file is smaller than the other. I am now trying these mods, getting adapted for the new features (the change in the vehicle weapons, per example).

18 minutes ago, Cristian said:

Thanks!

For any reason my computer didn't like the other format. In 7z it worked good. In addition, the 7z file is smaller than the other. I am now trying these mods, getting adapted for the new features (the change in the vehicle weapons, per example).

Happy to hear it! The 7zip file is smaller, yes, that's because 7z compression is significantly better. Some people may not know what to do with them though so I usually offer a zip. So, strange that you couldn't extract that zip file, but good that it's working properly now.

I don't know how the GOG install of the game itself goes, but after that, to get X:CE, you only need to download X:CE and extract it. No more special steps of any kind. Which part is causing you difficulties?