Jump to content
Charon

[1.65/X.CE V0.35.0] X-Division 1.00 Beta (1.00.11c)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, falco69 said:

Oh thank you but i'm confused i never try to upload a save before i try but i don't find the save :confused:

Xenonauts launcher, save location tells where save games are located.

Without save game I thing you are missing some of following:

- Flamer cannon

- Flamer heavy

- Sebillian guard

Edited by Ruthless Reuban
Soldier->guard
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 9:27 AM, falco69 said:

Yes i think the problem is the kinetic weapons maybe. Anyway this time i retry a campaign but in the ng 2 ironman time for activate my brains and play slowly :)

Ps: i like your youtube series dagar

Many thanks and best of luck to you on your campaign!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Are shockgas, shockgasexplosive and EMPgas suppose to damage mechanical units when they walk through it?

EMP rocket leaves nice cloud, but useless.

Edited by Kule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you kill those Bloody dogs? first terror mission in Tehran, never idled my lab, but still on normal weapons + Flamethrowers. Went in with Lots of Missiles, could deal with the tanks and androns, but the dogs are ripping me apart. they seem obscenely tough. I launched two rockets at one and it survived even as the andron beside it died on the first one, another took three bursts of point blank machine gun fire and four flamer shots (tho the flame isnt suprising) a third i hit like seven or 8 times with stun batons and it didnt go down. they seem indestructible. ive hit one of them with four sniper rounds and they didnt even take damage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Yechag said:

How do you kill those Bloody dogs? first terror mission in Tehran, never idled my lab, but still on normal weapons + Flamethrowers. Went in with Lots of Missiles, could deal with the tanks and androns, but the dogs are ripping me apart. they seem obscenely tough. I launched two rockets at one and it survived even as the andron beside it died on the first one, another took three bursts of point blank machine gun fire and four flamer shots (tho the flame isnt suprising) a third i hit like seven or 8 times with stun batons and it didnt go down. they seem indestructible. ive hit one of them with four sniper rounds and they didnt even take damage

First terror, that means laser weapons. Use energy based damage against robots (laser,plasma,wave,sonic. Shock grenades and rockets... EMP... ofc most of this will come a bit later). Incendiary should do the trick. Not sure why flamethrower proved to you to be inefficient but frag grenade and rocket are kinetic damage so, useless against robodogs. That leaves alenium grenades and rockets for start.

To get lasers you need phaser pistol,rifle and live caesan guard. That will lead to alien phaser tech which will open laser tech.

Over time some kinetic snipers and point-blank miniguns will be helpfull too.

Edited by Kule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kule said:

Are shockgas, shockgasexplosive and EMPgas suppose to damage mechanical units when they walk through it?

EMP rocket leaves nice cloud, but useless.

They should but since walking through gas do not show visible damage, it's not that easy to tell if there is a bug.

I'll test this next time I play.

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Kule said:

Are shockgas, shockgasexplosive and EMPgas suppose to damage mechanical units when they walk through it?

EMP rocket leaves nice cloud, but useless.

OK, EMP cloud seems to be harmless damage wise. Tested EMP explosive against Andron guard (Phase 1 that is) and cloud didn't any damage. Same about shock gas. No idea if that is intentional or bug.

However Androns and vehicles too tend to avoid cloud so that's somewhat restrictive.

More: Thought that maybe that Andron has too much kinetic/energy armour and that affects. Shredded armour completely and still no damage walking through gas. So it's quite safe to say EMP cloud is useless when it comes to damage.

Edited by Ruthless Reuban
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Yechag said:

or mission in Tehran, never idled my lab, but still on normal weapons + Flamethrowers. Went in with Lots of Missiles, could deal with the tanks and androns, but the dogs are ripping me apart. they seem obscenely tough. I launched two rockets at one and it survived even as the andron beside it died on the first one, another took three bursts of point blank machine gun fire and four flamer shots (tho the flame isnt suprising) a third i hit like seven or 8 times with stun batons and it didnt go down. they seem indestructible. ive hit one of them with four sniper rounds and they didnt even take damage 

Focus them down one by one and turn their energy based weapons against them, if you have none. Even the dogs themselves sometimes drop weapons. The kinetic weapon of your vehicle also does decent damage, so try to preserve it and get in close before shooting for better hit chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 3:17 PM, Dagar said:

 Focus them down one by one and turn their energy based weapons against them, if you have none. Even the dogs themselves sometimes drop weapons. The kinetic weapon of your vehicle also does decent damage, so try to preserve it and get in close before shooting for better hit chance.

this worked thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind i was being stupid please ignore. this mod is great!!

 

Edited by Yechag
Thought sth was a glitch, it wasnt. oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 2:21 PM, Yechag said:

Nevermind i was being stupid please ignore. this mod is great!!

 

Glad you see it our way. Welcome to the Church of the Holy X-Division, young acolyte!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a downside to failing assaulting an enemy outpost/base?  I just lost my first base assault and had to evacuate.  Does failing an assault make the alien's war progress quicker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Samefada said:

Is there a downside to failing assaulting an enemy outpost/base?

No downsides other than the guys and equipment you lost during that mission.

16 hours ago, Samefada said:

Does failing an assault make the alien's war progress quicker?

Nope, feel free to send in endless supplies of rookies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Svinedrengen said:

No downsides other than the guys and equipment you lost during that mission.

Nope, feel free to send in endless supplies of rookies.

Thanks, early december and came in with my alpha team and got swarmed by hordes of reapers & higher level reapers.  Turn 3 booked it out of there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Samefada said:

Thanks

Your welcome. A bit of ekstra information if interested, alien outpost have phase 2 units, bases phase 3 units and fortress have phase 4 units, so dont let these outposts grow or you will have a really hard time getting rid of them.

8 minutes ago, Samefada said:

came in with my alpha team and got swarmed by hordes of reapers & higher level reapers.

This somehow sounds very familiar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Samefada said:

Does failing an assault make the alien's war progress quicker?

Directly, no. Indirectly, yes.

Succesfull supply run to base will make alien war progress quicker.

Also each base on map will mean more UFO's and more UFO's also mean more progress for aliens unless you shoot those "extra" UFO's down right away.

However those do not make major difference, only general.

6 hours ago, Samefada said:

Thanks, early december and came in with my alpha team and got swarmed by hordes of reapers & higher level reapers.  Turn 3 booked it out of there. 

Since there is no penalty evacuating, get away immediately when you feel your equipment is not right. Take proper equipment and get back. Repeat until you have "good" equipment for what you encounter. Btw. alien bases are regenerated every time you enter so forget "kill few aliens, then get back so fewer aliens to fight" tactic.

Also remember alien bases have narrow corridors, so something on ground ...

Edited by Ruthless Reuban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a blast with the mod, just two questions

1)regarding xenomorphs:

Are the exploding xenos (the ones with the yellowish green heads and will burst at the slightest touch) stunnable or do they have any sort of xenopedia entry? same question for the eggs, I haven't tried using stun weapons on those, but I did try that on the exploding ones, wasn't very fun for my poor assault so I figured they're either not stunnable or there's another way around getting them

2) I am 99% sure I did not get the light scout operator during phase 1, (ceasan) I've gotten almost every single one in phase 2 except for the basic bomber ceasan operator and I still don't believe I have the interrogation for him, am I going to miss some tech because of this? I am aware that getting the next tier of operator rewards you with the previous ones, and it has been like that for the rest of the operators but for some reason I really dont think this one did (just checked my xenopedia entries, unless I missed it twice I don't see the one for the ceasan light scout operator)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Those Xenomorphs you described are considered robotic and so cannot be stunned. Eggs?

2. There doesn't seem to be "successor" for Caesan light scout operator. However it does not seem he is very important for future. Quickly looking light scout operator seems to be somewhat bonus dude who can be replaced by some operators on phase 1. So probably no worries. So it seems you're right with that, no phase 2 operators seem to unlock light scout operator interrogation.

 

 

Edited by Ruthless Reuban
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ruthless Reuban said:

1. Those Xenomorphs you described are considered robotic and so cannot be stunned. Eggs?

2. There doesn't seem to be "successor" for Caesan light scout operator. However it does not seem he is very important for future. Quickly looking light scout operator seems to be somewhat bonus dude who can be replaced by some operators on phase 1. So probably no worries. So it seems you're right with that, no phase 2 operators seem to unlock light scout operator interrogation.

 

 

I was under the impression the spawner thingies were eggs (and I got nothing but the good ol facehugger after stunning using a Shock Gun on one, which makes a lot of sense if you think about it, its just housing the facehugger until it "hatches") also I thought as much, even using gas would just make them explode. As for the second one I'm very relieved to hear that I won't be missing much so thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 8mono said:

I was under the impression the spawner thingies were eggs (and I got nothing but the good ol facehugger after stunning using a Shock Gun on one, which makes a lot of sense if you think about it, its just housing the facehugger until it "hatches") also I thought as much, even using gas would just make them explode. As for the second one I'm very relieved to hear that I won't be missing much so thanks!

As for missing tech from specialists, that is easy to determine. Specialists unlock some predetermined tech, like engineers and medics, and the Mk3 weapons of that Phase in a randomized fashion. That means some combination of specialists unlock some Mk3 stuff. If you have every Laser Mk3 weapon available, you did not miss out on anything regarding the Light Scout Op (since Caesans unlock Laser Mk3, while Sebs unlock Div Mk3).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dagar said:

As for missing tech from specialists, that is easy to determine. Specialists unlock some predetermined tech, like engineers and medics, and the Mk3 weapons of that Phase in a randomized fashion. That means some combination of specialists unlock some Mk3 stuff. If you have every Laser Mk3 weapon available, you did not miss out on anything regarding the Light Scout Op (since Caesans unlock Laser Mk3, while Sebs unlock Div Mk3).

I just noticed while checking for what I'm missing, I do have both weapon lines completely unlocked BUT what I am missing (funnily enough I just unlocked both the mech AND devastator, the latter obviously being the upgrade after Siege) is the Siege which comes from the HeavyTank research, and funnily enough that comes from Caesan Datahack 1 and the Seb one as well, I do believe I have every single Seb interrogation so far plus all the other techs needed (Allien Alloy fabrication, PowerSource etc) the only missing interrogations come from that Caesan L.Scout Operator , and the way I understand is that it is a bit randomized and there is a chance to get said research from the operators so... am I just THAT unlucky that I missed the one I needed? :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and lastly, before I forget, do the Roborex leave any wreckages??? :( I really wanted to see the entry for both the exploding xenomorph (I'm at peace with this one already) and the giant dinosaur, I noticed that theres like 4 disasemblies in the tech tree for roborexes but they just don't leave any wreckages, and the corpse tends to get a bit rowdy if you dont kill it "again"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 10:01 PM, 8mono said:

I was under the impression the spawner thingies were eggs (and I got nothing but the good ol facehugger after stunning using a Shock Gun on one, which makes a lot of sense if you think about it, its just housing the facehugger until it "hatches") also I thought as much, even using gas would just make them explode. As for the second one I'm very relieved to hear that I won't be missing much so thanks!

Never even thought about stunning eggs :)

5 hours ago, 8mono said:

I just noticed while checking for what I'm missing, I do have both weapon lines completely unlocked BUT what I am missing (funnily enough I just unlocked both the mech AND devastator, the latter obviously being the upgrade after Siege) is the Siege which comes from the HeavyTank research, and funnily enough that comes from Caesan Datahack 1 and the Seb one as well, I do believe I have every single Seb interrogation so far plus all the other techs needed (Allien Alloy fabrication, PowerSource etc) the only missing interrogations come from that Caesan L.Scout Operator , and the way I understand is that it is a bit randomized and there is a chance to get said research from the operators so... am I just THAT unlucky that I missed the one I needed? :eek:

It seems that Siege really needs Caesan Data Hack 1. And yes, there is chance to get it from other operators than just light scout one. If you didn't get it, then you should get along without Siege. And you were bit unlucky too.

Light scouts are so common on start of game that it's pretty hard to miss either light scout operator but of course possible.

5 hours ago, 8mono said:

and lastly, before I forget, do the Roborex leave any wreckages??? :( I really wanted to see the entry for both the exploding xenomorph (I'm at peace with this one already) and the giant dinosaur, I noticed that theres like 4 disasemblies in the tech tree for roborexes but they just don't leave any wreckages, and the corpse tends to get a bit rowdy if you dont kill it "again"

Roborex do not leave any wreckage for me. It probably just explodes too badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fixed, apparently the Crimson Queen and the Empress are very different beasts... the Queen was already scary enough , gotta love the surprise "phase 5" enemies

 

edit 2: after copying the same conditions to unlock as the Ripper Armor + adding a new research so it triggers after said conditions it still will NOT unlock, but curiously enough just putting in a single condition (im using the largebase caesan operator as the new tech since I have a fortress right away) will unlock it, initially I thought it might be because I don't have the empress yet but I switched it for said operator and it still refuses to unlock... maybe a clean install is what I need

Edited by 8mono

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seem to be instances where something in the tech tree does not register. In my (slightly older) version it was the Wolf, Direwolf and Predator armours, but that was fixed since. Maybe an according bug is in the high tier stuff and nobody noticed until now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×