(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

wait, they are producing just smoke....or both?

and yep..thats the point, they are high sensitive being whos primary method of attack/defense/hunting/reproducing(?) is that..it looks pretty logic to me :P. Specially because they are fairly easy to take down but dont worry pal you are free to tweak the game as you please. Thats the main purpouse of moding :P.

hi knavis and welcome.(btw what is your primary language?)..i'll try to explain the better i can how to install this mod ok :)?.

Hello Blackwolf, i'm italian, you know, a country yet conquered by aliens of strange races (the baerlooskoonians, the raenzees and so on..very aggressive, they eat meat...)......we are the resistence!!!!!

-First you need a freesh game and make sure is updated (to 1.09).

"xenonauts comunity edition 0.28 unoficial sentinel vs predator". If it does..then you do everything right (i suspect you already did but is just for being sure)... and yes the "flickering" alien is a bug caused by XCE, so wee need to wait until it got fixed :).

ok...it seems everything ok...thank you very much, mate. You have been very kind and helpfull!!! I'll wait the fix for this awesome mod.

PM if you still having problems with instalation, good luck in the battlefield soldier :).

Thank you sir. Good hunt over there!

Welcome back TD!

I got complanes about some new weapons..

-Laser Sniper Cannon: I didnt see any big difference between laser sniper.. My sniper does more dmg even.. Cannon is very heavy and dont have a recoil and u can shoot fast... as a cannon i expected a high TU shot with much more high dmg.. something like sentelin.. and it needs a new sound effect and shoot effect i think.. i like laser weapons always.. i want to try to help to find a bullet effect and sound if u accept with my amateur photoshop and google using :)..

-Sentelin: A slow sniper needs a argon officer.. firstly.. i think its too later becouse before u got an officer u fight with them with balistics and its hard.. when u got officer u probably got laser weapons and laser sniper is better i think.. so for a ap sniper i think it should have much more ap value.. lower dmg but it should ignore all armors from all enemies.. so this gun will have a special use..

-Please put some differences among the balistic rifles.. i mean first one, hellgate one and advanched one.. they dont have much difference.. yeah maybe some dmg but the difference are very low.. maybe one should use different ammo, AP... I want to change the weapons against different enemies...

-Flamethrower is useless now.. make the melee creatures against bullets and flamable so i can have a reason to use it.. u can make a plasma version of it just making it, yellow or green flame.. again i can help with visuals..

-C4 got a very huge effect range.. i cant find time to use it and run away..

-Why dont we have melee weapons? Sword, knife, chainsaw, lightsword with proper effect!!!

-2 weaponed tanks..

- The advenched plasma rifle.. we dont have any idea about that gun... what is it over normal plasma rifles?

As i said i can help at visuals.. the mod is realy great and want to impruve it!!!

@drages

I think Sentelin is a great weapon, at least superior to lasers. The damage is very good, and b/c there is only one 'fire mode' the reaction fire has an outstanding accuracy.

Re flamethrower - I also have a feeling there is no point to use it, don't know what can be done about it

I also like the idea of reducing C4 range a little bit (it's easily done in weapons_gc.xml)

Edited by podbelski

@blackwolf re grenades

here is what looks like bugs:

1) fires appeared the next turn after stun grenades were used:

stun_grenade_nextturn_fires.jpg

2) napalm grenade is green in the quickthrow slot:

napalm_grenade_green.jpg

3) what I've talked about earlier, here is the example of 4 napalm grenades explosions:

4napalm_grenades.jpg

stun_grenade_nextturn_fires.jpg

napalm_grenade_green.jpg

4napalm_grenades.jpg

stun_grenade_nextturn_fires.thumb.jpg.3d

napalm_grenade_green.thumb.jpg.9c5a1dc1a

4napalm_grenades.jpg.c5010ab7a5f4958a97f

Edited by podbelski

ok figured out:

- napalm grenade now works as it should (I updated weapons_gc.xml similarly to current XNT package)

- I added a red-color image \XNT\gui\quickthrowimages\grenadetoxin.png (napalm grenade is named 'toxin' in the files)

- weapons_gc.xml, entry for weapon.explosive.PlasmaBreachingCharge: changed "GUIImage" tag to "gui/weapons/plasmacharge.png"

looks like the last two fixes has to be incorporated into XNT package...

... and still have no answer why stun grenade explosion ignites the field on the next turn (see screenshot earlier)?

Edited by podbelski

Any vortex alien weapons in that combat? Your soldiers carry any Plasma explosive? Can you send me the saved game?

No Vortex, a lot of those exploding plasmas early on, but I made short work of them, didn't do much beside create fires near my spawn. No plasma, the only explosives were flashbangs. And I accidentlied the all my save files when I tried to install Fire in the Hole and messed up. *sadface*

any idea of suicide alien units?a light drone without weapons but with a powerful engine(and subsequent higher TU's)full of high explosive(like a plasma C4) intended to do a kamikaze attack against closed human formations?or in the close areas of a base it will be devastating..

Reminds me of the Blaster Launcher...

sorry for the stupid question..

just automatically downloaded (i was out) V.030,at the first the game seem bugged(a part of the old screen filtered on the new one(of hellgate))than the game load the saves but no read the new weapons and freeze immediately when open inventory..ideas?tried disinstalling the mod and reinstalling but no work..the mod cannot support the new version?

Well I just finished the game using the hellgate mod. TONS of fun. Learning curve all the way. Biggest boo to me was the final mission. Soon as all my guys beamed out CRASH. EVERY. SINGLE. ATTEMPT. I know there is no end movie but still.....

Must remember that dissasembling and salvaging are the key for serious cash.

Might have to make a 4th base just with stores n hangers

Kudos again to all who made this mod!

main 5.sav

main 5.sav

main 5.sav

Edited by Tom Sawyer

Soon as all my guys beamed out CRASH. EVERY. SINGLE. ATTEMPT.

Same here. I just beat the final mission last night, and the game went CTD immediately after the final troop beamed out. But instead of being angry I actually laughed out loud because I felt like zapped by the praetor's final deadly trap. :D

Nevertheless the mod gave me tons of fun, so much so that I can no longer enjoy vanilla anymore. I'm looking forward to playing a next major update.

yep..but i cannot fire & kill a good old Blaster Launcher shot..if i see such things a player have to hurry up the elimination or get in serious troubles..:)

I still remember the finest moment in XCOM...when my dropship landed, my guys stayed in the ship waiting for aliens to come into LOS, because they were overwhelmed by advanced alien weaponry at that time, and were trying to use the dropship hull as a cover.

Then suddenly, they saw something flying fast in the air. At first, it seemed flying away. But it suddenly turned 90 degrees and dove right into the dropship. Boom. My best squad was annihilated in the first turn.

That was my first encounter with the blaster launcher.:rolleyes:

I remember shooting the UFO command room crew out of my dropship: some men scout the path, the shooter sets a very complex trajectory for blaster launcher, then click "fire" and relax watching the anavoidable death flying to its victims across the whole map :)

good times.. i manage to control a crisallyds,arming them with a blaster shot one times and next go into a group of alien and suicide himself with the last shot:cool: ...but in xeno i prefer the hard trench,inch to inch fights..:D a blaster would be too unbalancing for me..but a suicide unit is interesting..

good times.. i manage to control a crisallyds,arming them with a blaster shot one times and next go into a group of alien and suicide himself with the last shot:cool: ...but in xeno i prefer the hard trench,inch to inch fights..:D a blaster would be too unbalancing for me..but a suicide unit is interesting..

Just send a private with good TUs and C4, activate it, run in. Voila! Suicide unit xD

..i dont'like these low slaughter tactics..i prefer good soldiers upon cannon fodder...and i indend suicide unit on the alien side..like light drone full of of exp's

Sure, but it's still an option... it would be interesting to try a playtrough with that tactic.

Sure, but it's still an option... it would be interesting to try a playtrough with that tactic.

yes..is an extreme option but is tryable...at least for the monetary cost..pay 10k for a single use bomb is a bit expensive..:P

if a suicide unit is implemented i would prefer a cable or radio guided drone with a high exp charge(like goliath in ww2) but i still prefer to see these unit in alien hands..as occupying a one or more slot in the transport for a suicide unit will damper the squad firepower on the middle/long lenght fights.