(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

If we're throwing out random ideas, I'd actually want Psions to get "panic grenade" that cause severe morale damage for one turn of guaranteed panic. As is, Caesan psions are still unremarkable and adding such unique arsenal would make them more stand out. Of course, it has been modified for human biochemistry and do nothing to aliens, just like Sebilians and Androns which do not carry grenades which could work against them (I actually like no alien panic)

I've actually thought about doing something like this before. If no one else does it before I have the chance, I might have a look.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my technical difficulties, and I've been REALLY enjoying this mod. My only grievance is that towards mid game the aliens LOVE the plasma weapon that explodes. One base mission literally EVERY ALIEN HAD ONE. This makes missions extremely difficult, but this has been a REALLY fun mod and, with Kabill map pack, its awesome. Other than that minor gamebreaker, it is really enjoyable.

On another note I have noticed that when you go into the Aircraft screen when that base is doing a UFO deconstruction, it crashes the game.

set up a manufacturing base is economically a good choose?for ex, after building livivg quarters,store room,workshops,engeeniers,unkeep man/buildings left some $$ to amortize loss and gain a profit in reasonable time?
yes...but no, the economy is made in a way that in first month if you do this, you dont become TOTALLY independant of the counsil, but you have a "decent" profit to invest in minor costs and stuff(wages for example), in the mid game you can build two of them and using the corrects projects, you could become basically independant.(But you still need the counsil money so this is not like in the OG, that after you researched the laser cannon. Literally xcom wouldnt give a single fu!$" about the world now xD).
another question,enemy arrmour have a "fixed" amount of hit point?,after several shots absorbed the armour will fade or regenerates like health? then fades or regain protection every turn?
Yes,NO and NO...if you "destroy" the armour of any enemie...then they will get a lot of damage, even from a kindergarden slingshot if you have one, some aliens regenerate life but no one regenerate armor.
implementing (for ex during alien "research" mission) drones with a burst fire vortex?it would be frightning a drone firepower united to the vortex saturation/incapacitating power, it can be justified with the alien need of capturing living humans to use in experiments or gargols creations...

any idea of suicide alien units?a light drone without weapons but with a powerful engine(and subsequent higher TU's)full of high explosive(like a plasma C4) intended to do a kamikaze attack against closed human formations?or in the close areas of a base it will be devastating..

powering a gargols?after killed "explodes"(leaving the body intact to recover)and release a "cloud" of gas/acid that kill or stun soldiers?(i have see that the main contact with the gargols come to near or in "hand to hand" distances..)

Like poppers in the xcom appocalyse, well i read about this in some threads and i think is some kind of difficult(but not impossible) to implementate, the main thing was setting it like a bomb, and even after that they dont approach enough to the soldiers..so they explode when you see them xDD. For now this a Soonâ„¢ feauter waiting for implementation from community coders :).
occured a strange idea..

implementing humans soldiers on the alien side????!!!:eek::eek:

the idea is plagiarized human prisoners or better and more disturbing human "volunteers"!

You need to play the mod just a little more ;). But the pseudo hippie cult of sirius part. Yes we allways want to kill some hippies :nixon intensifies:, JK xD.
Thanks to everyone who helped me with my technical difficulties, and I've been REALLY enjoying this mod. My only grievance is that towards mid game the aliens LOVE the plasma weapon that explodes. One base mission literally EVERY ALIEN HAD ONE. This makes missions extremely difficult, but this has been a REALLY fun mod and, with Kabill map pack, its awesome. Other than that minor gamebreaker, it is really enjoyable.

On another note I have noticed that when you go into the Aircraft screen when that base is doing a UFO deconstruction, it crashes the game.

yep, but that weapons could be "negated" using cover (not mid cover xDDD) for example in base mission i never compress my soldiers one to others..and set a couple in corners..pop up, shot something,then put back one or two tiles in the corner.

something like this , sorry for the bad sketch xD.

Im glad that you liked the mod, and yes you are right, i also couldnt play this without skitso and kabill packs, they are such amazing and important thing for this game :).

PS: yes thats a noted bug, is because the images for the dessarming ufo arent pressent. This will be fixed in a future fixes patch, for now you should avoid enter in the hangar tab while you are dissarming a ufo :(.

Edited by blackwolf

implementing (for ex during alien "research" mission) drones with a burst fire vortex?it would be frightning a drone firepower united to the vortex saturation/incapacitating power, it can be justified with the alien need of capturing living humans to use in experiments or gargols creations...

any idea of suicide alien units?a light drone without weapons but with a powerful engine(and subsequent higher TU's)full of high explosive(like a plasma C4) intended to do a kamikaze attack against closed human formations?or in the close areas of a base it will be devastating..

powering a gargols?after killed "explodes"(leaving the body intact to recover)and release a "cloud" of gas/acid that kill or stun soldiers?(i have see that the main contact with the gargols come to near or in "hand to hand" distances..)

I think I can make this possible.

If we're throwing out random ideas, I'd actually want Psions to get "panic grenade" that cause severe morale damage for one turn of guaranteed panic. As is, Caesan psions are still unremarkable and adding such unique arsenal would make them more stand out. Of course, it has been modified for human biochemistry and do nothing to aliens, just like Sebilians and Androns which do not carry grenades which could work against them (I actually like no alien panic)

This is interesting but I find a lot of miscalculations on moraledamage variable. Let me make some tests.

Im happy that you enjoy the mod :)

Hey TD glad you back compadre!, i hope you feel good now. Also while you are here i want you to ask something:

There is a couple of mods that have been lurking here for a while that will be fixed with the XCE:0.30 release so a couple of players and i was wondering if is safe to "upgrade" the xce when it comes out...i mean.. we'll need to do something else to secure compatibilitie or something?.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed by any chance.

As I am about to launch the operation endgame, I manufactured the singularity cannon to eradicate alien scums on the dreadnaught. However, I found the cannon to be too heavy even for predator-wearing soldier to effectively deploy. His strength is 100, but when I put the cannon into his hands, TU penalty is so big that he simply becomes an immovable iron statue in the battlefield. He cannot even pull the trigger, let alone walk more than a tile.

Is this intentional? If so, could you tell me the reason behind this design decision?

You need to play the mod just a little more ;). But the pseudo hippie cult of sirius part. Yes we allways want to kill some hippies :nixon intensifies:, JK xD.

i have nothing against happy hippies:D..but the example is nice..seeing a hare krishna like man armed to the teeth and ready to "convince" that dirty nature rapers to respect the world and the good visitors from the skies with the little help of a plasma cannon is funny..:)

i have encountered max caine from the 41th millennium..

beside this,manning some scouts,small or even corvettes and landing ships (no mayor vessels,i believe the visitors cannot give mayor ships to humans,like for us giving a carrier or a B2 spirit to a crew of apes or goats) manned with such shady individuals would be a good idea for variating the game modus, for figures and mechanics a idea is for beginning game is to use normal human soldier(or if someone wants to create a distinctive new image)armed with normal human weapons(the alien captures weapons and equipment from battlefield or military depots and initially give them to the volunteers,because for the alien the human weapons seem like using a sling and a club for a modern mariner)with the advancing game use better armours and weapons..

seem to me a good idea..

a point, i have encountered the alpha viper(the large whittish one) i have deployed my entire squad,the beast charged like a fury and killed all my squad, ok no problem(i have encountered other times that being and fleed)some questions, to stop this biological steamroller,i normally use C4 and granades, but the they are quick, last night i spotted one and thrown at him 7 paks of C4,survived charged and killed all the squad,the C4 are commulative or the first destroy all others?for ex i have to throw a napalm bomb and after threw all the c4 one by one(high risky because no all soldiers have the strenght to send it at a safe range)or the effect is commulative?using flashbang is useful?can i suppress him?setting the vipers behavior to fear the flames or the automatic fire to keep the beast away?i fell hard seeing any biological creature living after the equivalent of almost 6kg of C4...

Ok so I found something: I was clearing out a Cesean Base (It was an outpost at the time) and I made it to the Command Center, where a Delta Viper was awaiting me. I had destroyed the door (It was one of those sealed ones that are in transporter rooms) and took a few shots and chucked a few 'nades at it, then I end my turn and it did the weird Shape-Shifting thing (Which i'm sure is to confuse my soldiers as it shape shifts into a Non-Combatant Cesean) and it chucked, I don't know what it was, a Nuclear Warhead most likely. It destroyed the room and my half of my Coyote-armored, Laser-toting soldiers. (the other half were in another room, attempting a flank attack and to wipe the rest of the base) WHAT WAS THAT WEAPON IT THREW AT ME??? IT created a Giant explosion and demolished a transporter room and a good chunk of the nearby hallways, as well as my laser-armed elites. It looked like a C4, but was WAY bigger of an explosion (about 1.5x the size of the standard C4 radius) and... well... I reloaded the save and took out the reactor. Did it somehow get a Plasma Charge (Do aliens even have those?) Any explanation would help, as i'm currently stumped on how to proceed against these in the future.

Ok so I found something: I was clearing out a Cesean Base (It was an outpost at the time) and I made it to the Command Center, where a Delta Viper was awaiting me. I had destroyed the door (It was one of those sealed ones that are in transporter rooms) and took a few shots and chucked a few 'nades at it, then I end my turn and it did the weird Shape-Shifting thing (Which i'm sure is to confuse my soldiers as it shape shifts into a Non-Combatant Cesean) and it chucked, I don't know what it was, a Nuclear Warhead most likely. It destroyed the room and my half of my Coyote-armored, Laser-toting soldiers. (the other half were in another room, attempting a flank attack and to wipe the rest of the base) WHAT WAS THAT WEAPON IT THREW AT ME??? IT created a Giant explosion and demolished a transporter room and a good chunk of the nearby hallways, as well as my laser-armed elites. It looked like a C4, but was WAY bigger of an explosion (about 1.5x the size of the standard C4 radius) and... well... I reloaded the save and took out the reactor. Did it somehow get a Plasma Charge (Do aliens even have those?) Any explanation would help, as i'm currently stumped on how to proceed against these in the future.

Happened even to me!!during a normal industrial-corvette mission,seb's crew, a vortex armed alien striked 2 times a flamethrower man(it have a C4 in the backpak)and happened a huge chain explosion(gas and other xenonauts)that razed averything in a range about 3x a normal C4..i guessed a mysterious activation of all C4 in the squad..

hey td...im going two strange bugs right now, first...a problematic kind of hang when a viper tries to make (correct me if im wrong) a reaction fire, after i breach a ufo , there are two standing vipers and if i do anything (shoot,throw grenade,walk,etc) the game "hangs"(the music still going, the efects,smoke,and everything is "normal" except that i cant select a soldier or do anything..the game is waiting that the vipers do something (and im sure that are vipers because the eggs were killed and a n-c caesan is suppressed) the only work around i could do was closing the door and let the turn over.

Also i cant demolish some buildings in my base :c(the first radar you got or a new empty hangar i build for example).

yeah, i think this was something related with melee units doing reaction punchs..but it was corrected with the new xce (this happens to any non-XNT user with the reapers) , well here they arent blocked by anything but are a few tiles away.

The same with demolitions of buildings...i though it was something that was fixed before with new xce patch (i can demolish some buildings but others not...thats wy maybe i dont notice it..also is quite irregular..when you can or cannot do it :c).

is it intended my napalm grenades produce several smoke-tiles after explotion? I expected to see fires...

and btw, I find wraith eggs too nasty. Their default behavior mostly forced me to insta-reload when hit, or to take extreme caution while moving forward to avoid being spit at. The latter is too boring, especially in the late stage of combat when the victory is obvious. So I reduced eggs' reactions from 300 to 100 and allowed them just one shot per turn. Probably have to increase stun damage a bit...

Hello!!

i need some help with the game...and with english... I installed this mod on my steam copy, but i'm reading that this version is intended for the "community version"...i don't know what it is...

Anyway, the game is great, i just noted that "viper" creatures disappear often from the tactical map..is it a bug or i'm missing something?

Thank you very much and sorry for my broken english.

hi knavis and welcome.(btw what is your primary language?)..i'll try to explain the better i can how to install this mod ok :)?.

-First you need a freesh game and make sure is updated (to 1.09).

-then all you need to do is unzip the XNT 6.0 rar inside your main folder (the xnt consist in a assets folder with other folders inside).

-you then need to reeplace the Exes from your main folder from the two who comes with the mod.

also you could check if you do anything right by going into the assets/mods/ and look if there are three folders present:

-xnt blablablah

-xce

-xcesenttings.

after you do all the steps go and use the exe and when you are in the launcher look in the upper right corner and looks it says:

"xenonauts comunity edition 0.28 unoficial sentinel vs predator". If it does..then you do everything right (i suspect you already did but is just for being sure)... and yes the "flickering" alien is a bug caused by XCE, so wee need to wait until it got fixed :).

PM if you still having problems with instalation, good luck in the battlefield soldier :).

is it intended my napalm grenades produce several smoke-tiles after explotion? I expected to see fires...

and btw, I find wraith eggs too nasty. Their default behavior mostly forced me to insta-reload when hit, or to take extreme caution while moving forward to avoid being spit at. The latter is too boring, especially in the late stage of combat when the victory is obvious. So I reduced eggs' reactions from 300 to 100 and allowed them just one shot per turn. Probably have to increase stun damage a bit...

Grenades are your best friend..you can outrange them and just send a pineapple to this bastards, the eggs were desinged to make choke points outside and specially inside the ufos, so lowering their reaction make them a litte useless (they cant move after all and even a snipe rifle or a hmg burst can kill them easily :) ).

I mean when the napalm grenade explodes there must be flames, not smoke, no?

Re eggs - there role is good, just too sensitive and deadly for my taste. Every soldier that stepped in their hit-range for 1 tile only was knocked out and heavily wounded... Now they can make few steps before the egg spits, and not necessary knocked out and wounds are less lethal