(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

You can read full changelog at the bottom of first post it's labeled as "CHANGE LOG". (Or you read that changelog ? )

Only reason I could think of,why you wouldn't want to switch to v5.3 is if you have game in progress.

Edited by Sentelin

Is there somewhere I can see a detailed changelog for 5.3? From what I read in the first post in the thread I certainly dont want to swap my 5.2 for it.

Hello OmegaKiller,

The build is safe, apply it over 1.07HF. All the problems are solved and all of them caused by vanilla.

Go ahead, give it a try ^^

Yes and yes.

The changelog posted there is a little vague.

- Alien artifact selling value reduced by 20%... I understand this.

- Armor Stats Boost improved... Whats this supposed to mean?

Do they only add str/hp, or do they add APs too, to compensate the loss from the other change:

- Maximun stats for soldiers reduced to 100, but can surpass the maximun thanks to the armor capabilities.

As for the reason not to install it. Yes, I have a game in progress, but that is not the reason. My reason is that while theres a lot of stuff that was added Id like to see, but Id have to "revert" most of the changes that take a step back towards vanilla, like those I mention above.

Yes and yes.

The changelog posted there is a little vague.

- Alien artifact selling value reduced by 20%... I understand this.

- Armor Stats Boost improved... Whats this supposed to mean?

Do they only add str/hp, or do they add APs too, to compensate the loss from the other change:

- Maximun stats for soldiers reduced to 100, but can surpass the maximun thanks to the armor capabilities.

As for the reason not to install it. Yes, I have a game in progress, but that is not the reason. My reason is that while theres a lot of stuff that was added Id like to see, but Id have to "revert" most of the changes that take a step back towards vanilla, like those I mention above.

So finish the game with 5.22 and then you can test the changes in 5.3

^^

Hello OmegaKiller,

The build is safe, apply it over 1.07HF. All the problems are solved and all of them caused by vanilla.

Go ahead, give it a try ^^

I was confident you guys would handle the transition from the system point of view. :) Its the decisions made that concern me. Im not gonna whine here about it, just wondering if theres a more detailed list of what has to be changed. :D
So finish the game with 5.22 and then you can test the changes in 5.3

^^

Might as well. Though Id rather add most of it now.

@Alewalek

The plasma batery bug is a issue from vanilla 1.08. Try revert your version to 1.07HF in steam.

About the reaction modifier of reapers for now thats will be not removed.

^^ Calm down guys.

First time it hapens to me in 1.07 HF.

@ViniJones

Changes are from 5.2 to 5.3 so the values changed "probably" mean ajusted so its not step back to vanila.

Edited by Alewalek

First time it hapens to me in 1.07 HF.

@ViniJones

Changes are from 5.2 to 5.3 so the values changed "probably" mean ajusted so its not step back to vanila.

Back towards vanilla in a sense, that the direction it takes is straight to hell, not that its already there.

Back towards vanilla in a sense, that the direction it takes is straight to hell, not that its already there.

This mod is far from vanilla, specially with the changes in dynamic and Rifle accuracy. If you dont want to risk your 5.22 build, make a copy and apply 5.31.

Test the changes by yourself. ^^

Im glad you keep that care for 5.2, we put lot of work on that build.

has strange bug.

big base. store room living quarters - all ok.

there about 20 soldiers.

dropship

its not main base

and i cant come to unit assign screen - it writes - there no soldiers in that base

and there is strange bug when i cant assaignmaximum scientists... or maybe strange behavior of when there are different bases with same number of them - so in one 30 could be assigned, in another just 29 of 30

here is the sav

https://mega.co.nz/#!BgknRLyI!OX6TSYjXT6t-2wFDnCUi8Bd-cQEMzLC8Ub2oKgl0cg4

ver 1.07, kabill tiles, maps, fire in the hole tiles and maps, scitso maps, rangs and femonauts.

and... its real crazy aircombat now! wow... corvete doesn't follow one aim, bur change it for most dangerous! wounderful!!!

is it a glitch that caseans at crash sites just stand around don't move shoot or act in any way and can take shotgun blasts to the face and grenades can explode right under their feet and only take 5 damage. then ones at landing sites act normally and are not nearly as tough to kill.

That's odd.Because AI doesn't work that way.There isn't "landing crash site" logic and "crash site logic" there is just one logic for both of those sites.Caeasan will perform better at "landing crash sites" because they have more allies and they programmed to work that way but they should die from shotgun blast to the face and grenades should cause much more damage ... in other words they should be as tough as in the "crash sites" unless you faced with Officers/Soldiers very early in game.

Second month started and i checked soldier pooll for new recruts. 4 of them has reflex above 65 whch is set up as maxiumum anyone knows why. Any other stats are in the range 35-65 exept BRV 30-50.

Another thing probably vanila: when u shoot or burn white tank with gas/oil whatewer it will explode, but when u thorow grenade it will only be destroyed without explosion.

Edited by Alewalek

I put a fair amount of work into trying to stun a delta but afaict they can't be stunned?

Either that or wow the amount of enough heat required must be incredible. Can't imagine what must take to stun an omega.

Oh, hey guys just ran into a pretty nasty bug. Upon finishing the base upgrade after beating an alien base my total scientist and engineer count turned negative. Gonna see if firing them and hiring them again does the trick.

edit: Nope, apparently once the base upgrade is finished work space available for research and engineering turns zero.

Edited by dck

i re-installed and reapplied the mod everything seemed to be working fine everyone was running around and shooting except one red shirt casean still in the ship it never moved after one point and suddenly become a lot harder to hit but still had about the same resilience as any other.

i re-installed and reapplied the mod everything seemed to be working fine everyone was running around and shooting except one red shirt casean still in the ship it never moved after one point and suddenly become a lot harder to hit but still had about the same resilience as any other.

Can you confirm if this unit is a egg? Maybe is a failed stand by animation of eggs.

@DCK

All your workshops and labs go to 0 capacity? Im checking.

Hi all. Started played XNT recently and what I want to say is the difficulty is too hard. Maybe some "new features" should appear later in the game? Normal difficulty is like Insane now. At least at the beginning of the game.

First ground mission is like wtf: I got surrounded by 2-3 minor vipers with a couple of sectoids with new weapons, with my team able to kill a single viper only if everyone is shooting at it.

After some savescumming I was able to complete some ground control missions. With harridans, alien heavy weapons, this imba-shotgun-like-new-weapon, almost unkillable zombies, androns (green&blue), light drones, etc. With no armor, ballistic weapons, and 8 soldiers with low stats.

But then a corvette arrives at 19th of september! Which need 2 cheburashkas (with 2nd built only a couple days ago) + condor to kill.

The only thing that I found helpful is amount of money from ground missions. But I think that's wrong when airstriking a light scout gives you $10k, but if you clear crash site you will get about $100k

Edited by sskolot