(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

Hi all. Started played XNT recently and what I want to say is the difficulty is too hard. Maybe some "new features" should appear later in the game? Normal difficulty is like Insane now. At least at the beginning of the game.

First ground mission is like wtf: I got surrounded by 2-3 minor vipers with a couple of sectoids with new weapons, with my team able to kill a single viper only if everyone is shooting at it.

After some savescumming I was able to complete some ground control missions. With harridans, alien heavy weapons, this imba-shotgun-like-new-weapon, almost unkillable zombies, androns (green&blue), light drones, etc. With no armor, ballistic weapons, and 8 soldiers with low stats.

But then a corvette arrives at 19th of september! Which need 2 cheburashkas (with 2nd built only a couple days ago) + condor to kill.

The only thing that I found helpful is amount of money from ground missions. But I think that's wrong when airstriking a light scout gives you $10k, but if you clear crash site you will get about $100k

I recommend you to test multiple times the mod to get familiar, first of all s that you need to forget about vanilla tactics, looks like your using close formation that is useful to deal with melee units in close spaces. Try to reach prioritary researches to get Jackal Armor.

Did you check the last hotfix?

Download and apply this pack to verify that your using a updated version.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/na39fvrcomfu267/Hotfix_V5.31HF2.rar

BASE RESEARCH HOTFIX NO.53

work.jpg

Hello Players,

The Community Mod Pack add lot of content and thanks to DCK notice a critical bug. I take the advantage to make other hotfix to repair some important issues of the current build, most of them minor strings and xenopedias. The most important feature of this HotFix is repair the base update research.

Thank you

DOWNLOAD LINK

HOTFIX 2 V5.31 DOWNLOAD

work.jpg

work.thumb.jpg.65c14cd25f77daa61632f98dc

@dck

Did you have problems with NanotechWorkshop and QuantumLaboratory ? I wasn't active yesterday so I missed what problem was about.

Edit:

edit: Nope, apparently once the base upgrade is finished work space available for research and engineering turns zero.

Ok never mind it was problem with NanotechWorkshop and QuantumLaboratory

@domein

Change that TD made was just adding more space for stuff.It was at 0 that's why dck was getting negative number of stuff and this shouldn't crash your game.

However do you use Xenophobia ?

Edited by Sentelin

Why do you people get so surprised by "Die dreadnought!" ?

Edit:I think I might know what problem is.You most likely played game with outdated X:CE exe.

Edit:Ok I have tried multiple X:CE exe files and ways to load your saves and game kept crashing.So I have no idea what problem is.

Can you tell me how far you advanced in game,what did you do before applying last hot fix which cause CTD ?

Edited by Sentelin

Why do you people get so surprised by "Die dreadnought!" ?

Edit:I think I might know what problem is.You most likely played game with outdated X:CE exe.

Edit:Ok I have tried multiple X:CE exe files and ways to load your saves and game kept crashing.So I have no idea what problem is.

Can you tell me how far you advanced in game,what did you do before applying last hot fix which cause CTD ?

Yes, this seems to be the case, I was running 5.3 with stuck aircraft return exe fix from CE thread. And now I have 5.3.1

Tough luck I guess, time to start a new game.

Yes, this seems to be the case, I was running 5.3 with stuck aircraft return exe fix from CE thread. And now I have 5.3.1

Tough luck I guess, time to start a new game.

Checking the saved games.

Edit/ Looks like the last Steam update change your .exe or any file in assets. The save structure is build in a corupted build. Try revalidate al XNT files, specially the Last hotfix.

Edited by TacticalDragon

Loving this mod, but can't get "gameconfig.xml" to behave properly.

What I'm doing is changing the lab and workshop space per building to 50 each. In the normal game this works, but with this mod gameconfig.xml file, it is not taking the changes in game. They are all still at 10 each.

Am I missing something with this?

Loving this mod, but can't get "gameconfig.xml" to behave properly.

What I'm doing is changing the lab and workshop space per building to 50 each. In the normal game this works, but with this mod gameconfig.xml file, it is not taking the changes in game. They are all still at 10 each.

Am I missing something with this?

Thanks for your post,

We put too much time in balance to make the Game Changeling and well balanced. Please dont alter the value of the original mod game. Every time a player CHANGE things in the game your MISSING the real meaning of the mod.

Please I beg you to learn, persist, command, prepare your troops and bases, but never CHEAT.

I hope that people take the challenge seriously.

That's because you need to tweak available work space inside buildings.xml ("ResearchSpace" and "Workshopspace") .

Ahh, I never changed any values in buildings.xml. I wonder why it worked in the default game, oh well. Thank you for letting me know.

Thanks for your post,

We put too much time in balance to make the Game Changeling and well balanced. Please dont alter the value of the original mod game. Every time a player CHANGE things in the game your MISSING the real meaning of the mod.

Please I beg you to learn, persist, command, prepare your troops and bases, but never CHEAT.

I hope that people take the challenge seriously.

Oh I understand and have been through the mod, a brutal challenge nonetheless. This is just for personal fun.

Edited by T04dSt0n3d

Hi, i wonder why my research of interceptors stopped in Su-10 Cheburashka, and only got Shirke - Valkyrie landships (what i don´t see in combat map mission,just tiles whith my men up)?

Anybody can help me?...

Thanks & greetings

Hi, i wonder why my research of interceptors stopped in Su-10 Cheburashka, and only got Shirke - Valkyrie landships (what i don´t see in combat map mission,just tiles whith my men up)?

Anybody can help me?...

Thanks & greetings

Hello Piakio,

Yes you need dissembling! To develop new paths and researches you need to analyze alien ships.

The first time you hit the corvette you unlock a research called "Covette Dissembling Protocol"

To dissemble a alien ship you need a hangar slot and engineers. The first time you dismantle a UFO you get a new technology, the next time you dismantle one of the same type will give you a item called "UFO recovered equipment" that you can sell in the store.

Good luck and I await your comments.

Ahh, I never changed any values in buildings.xml. I wonder why it worked in the default game, oh well. Thank you for letting me know. Oh I understand and have been through the mod, a brutal challenge nonetheless. This is just for personal fun.

Thats ok :)

I dont see any problem with that.

Hi TacticalDragon, you're reason, i hit Corvette, in early game stage, and research part recovered (don´t remember exactly what name),but i keep hit bigger ufos (cruisers,bombers,battleships,carriers, and tiny ufos scouts all types, fighters all types), and researching all i see like ufos parts, but not advanced interceptors appear for development.

I think what ufopaedia thread is broken for my research decisions, or a Praetor complot for keep me fliying toy aircrafts....

Has to ask about supresion one more time.

I had many times sytuation when my soldiers where suspresed by my fire or alien fire not beeing even threatend by bulets: for example they where close to the line of fire but on the other side of the wall.

But today i had radiculus situation when 1 soldier was outside building and one was inside they where 2 tiles free betwen them, and when alien appear u could draw a triangle beetwen 3 of them, but when alien shoted both soldiers become supresed.

I think that supresion didnt work so strong in 5.2 so just sugesting that sometimes it leads to strange situations.

edit: I mentioned before that unconscious soldier doesnt lose HP when unconscious, so now he is also resistant to rockets, just on explode where i didnt want and in the midle of explosion was unconscious soldier - after that still same HP.

Edited by Alewalek

in 5.3 suppresion doese happen more. yes. even sometimes from funny situations....

minor viper comes into the grooup of my soldiers.

close to one. another two (both MG) was in 2 tiles from viper, 3 from that soldier (in the line).

they fire atreaper and first burst make my soldier that stand after viper supressed-))) i think he was impressed, but not supressed)))

don't know what is best (5.2 or 5.3 type), but now supression becomes one of the things that have mining off. I like 5.3 way of things in suppression. in 5.2 - they dosn't "impress" and has no use of. In 5.3 they become good instrument... even if that funny things happen)))

other funny... may be i am not right, but sebil supressed by rocket - is cool too)))

just damn problem with no reaction fire at vipers and zombie... they are like invisible man or lightings.

TD, what is the idea of making them so? Now they are everytime 1st attacking and killing or hitting monsters! If soldiers come in their area of effective attack (vipers has more tu, to find them first) they make a unstopable kill. the way to kill them from buildings back and by reaction fire becomes zero effective in many situations. Tell me what you mean by this? Make them become more monstrous?

I's not bad, how it is like now - there just new tacticks and trics to make, but, i am intrested why you made them so?

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

edit: I mentioned before that unconscious soldier doesnt lose HP when unconscious, so now he is also resistant to rockets, just on explode where i didnt want and in the midle of explosion was unconscious soldier - after that still same HP.

haha, funny. i'll try to trst it)))

i am in other way is trying to figure why aliens fire on the tile with stuned civs-)))