(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

some question

if soldier get stuned under the charlie deck...how to heal him as is ( just intrested - because i could take body in backpack and move, but normally - cant)

here is save

https://mega.co.nz/#!NwVRnbQQ!AjXWhlLVIs96xGUGFb-s8rNWrDfk1xFndRIfxFoE1pI

ogh...yeah... aliens become more impressively hard to deal... doese any AI changes were done?

ps. is it right that civ forses after killed by egg stay as a mesh with name - human non combatant?

or maybe something must born from them?

well after 3-4 turns i heared a dieing human cry - and at the tile with human (policean with pistol) corpse i founded +1 "human corpse" with the same blowed up image

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

Crawls helplessly,really ?By crawl you mean it's suppressed all the time ?

Anyway that thing is hard to crack.You will need better arsenal to bring it down.So If I am you I would just retreat before it starts to kill your soldiers.However can you confirm what I asked above ?Because if that's case we will need to give it slightly suppression resistance.

Edited by Sentelin

So anyway I've been wondering for a bit.

Is there any reason why females and males have visually distinct armor sprites?

Like females have this xenonaut icon on their shoulder and camo, I quite liked the in-game explanation for camo not being the best idea and soldiers having different attires based on gender seems odd to me.

Like females have this xenonaut icon on their shoulder and camo, I quite liked the in-game explanation for camo not being the best idea and soldiers having different attires based on gender seems odd to me.

That's removed now in core pack :) That camo was suppose to be both for male and females but we decided to don't use that camo ... however TD forgot to remove it from female soldiers folder when we released v 5.3 and there you go.

Crawls helplessly,really ?By crawl you mean it's suppressed all the time ?

Anyway that thing is hard to crack.You will need better arsenal to bring it down.So If I am you I would just retreat before it starts to kill your soldiers.However can you confirm what I asked above ?Because if that's case we will need to give it slightly suppression resistance.

Well, yes, but i have a lot of frags on all my soldiers, so suppressing is not an issue. By the way, I solved my issue by increasing armor decay rate in game config.

That's cheating :) but who can stop you after all you are welcome to do with your game as wish.And yes suppression is an issue (we made it so it can be suppressed but this seems like overdo ).This creature should present serious treat and not crawl helplessy (because you were not techonolically prepared to kill it )but all it did was being suppressed and stubborn to kill

Edited by Sentelin

Is it so anoying that you cant shot with flamethorower trough dead soldier having c4 in backpack. One more time can somone clarify that trigering c4 with flames is unchangable or is it set up like that to triger by flames.

Removing posibility of trigering c4 from grenade was good move, becasue c4 is resistant to grenades,flames and many more, thats why Iam asking if u dont mind.

p.s. just had situation when alien thorow something under the feet of my live soldier(i think it was grenade not sure which one) and grenade trigered c4 in his backpack.

Edited by Alewalek

Well, yes, but i have a lot of frags on all my soldiers, so suppressing is not an issue. By the way, I solved my issue by increasing armor decay rate in game config.

Thank you, you give me the advice to something that I miss, the supression multiplier of this unit is 0.2, the current build is 1.0.

Obviously a mistake.

Is bad see people cheating changing values, but I understand that some people play for fun not for challenge. If you find this unit early in game most of the time you need to retreat.

I will fix the supression value and be sure that this unit eat all your units the next time you face it.

;P

Edited by TacticalDragon

Holy *****.This #$%!# vanilla bug.It's very rare and not everyone get one but I would though that this is kind of game breaking and devs would fixed by now ...but no they keep ignoring it.I just hope that Community Coders are going to.

lol its game breaking unbelivable, when I told you this when 5.3 came out (and i ecperienced that bug not knowing its vanila)there was no problem for you :P

and why its game braking i dont understand :P

How it isn't game breaking ?You get 1M out of Alien Plasma Batteries !!That's enough money to finance your projects for whole month and not to feel a thing.

Edit:On other hand we will reduce cost of batteries to prevent this happening in future.

Edited by Sentelin

omg u realy dont get sarcazm

when 5.3 came in I was criticizing, not experienced enough, not playing enough, to say that earnig losts of cash starting from the first mision is game braking and something is wrong with that,

by that time I was ignored and bad guy but now u are saying its game braking thats why Iam laughing

Edited by Alewalek

I post same question you have posted to me when I have reported problem with losts of cash in 5.3(not knowing its vanila bug) you ignored that, and again and again was teling me lost of things how I have no idea what I am saying. So was thinking u get the sarcasm from my question - it seems u didnt.

@Kirill

I agree with you.But there is something I need to clear out to our fellow Alewalek

@Alewalek

Do you understand that money income from early mission mostly depends on sell value of Alien Plasma Batteries ?That if lower now that sell price (it seems that we are going to do that but we will have to come up with some alternative ) ,player will receive very small amount of money.... actually he will receive almost same amount of money as he would do by just air striking crash site.What's the point then of doing that kind of missions ?You need only one run of light scout/scout GC missions and you unlock all necessary projects from that point on you can safely airstrike those crashes until medium (Corvette ) UFO type arrives.

Edit:Actually this happens once in dozen cases so is it really necessary to change economy structure just because you got "lucky" to bump on that bug ?I don't know answer to my own question but I would prefer to see this bug fixed rather than figuring way around it.

Edited by Sentelin

@Kirill

@Alewalek

1. Do you understand that money income from early mission mostly depends on sell value of Alien Plasma Batteries ?

2.That if lower now that sell price (it seems that we are going to do that but we will have to come up with some alternative ) ,player will receive very small amount of money.... 3. actually he will receive almost same amount of money as he would do by just air striking crash site.

add 1. No its not, and I dont understand because: in first misions(1st month) u get beetwen 5-20 bateries in 1 battle.( later on its a bit more unless u hited by bug)

add 2. I never ask to lower the price of batteries and doing that is not nessesery.(in my opinion)

add 3. He would have recived 119 503 plus around 15 k from bateries (if not the bug) so roughly 135 000- air strikes gives 10-15 000.

I know this mod encourge people to do missions I was always happy with that, I think amount of money you earn now from misions may be ok ( it may happen that there is need to lower this a bit yet in the future - its again my opinion), - I have notice that there is small drop down of income in 5.3 comparing to 5.2 and I was opting for that.

I know that english is not our native language and writen word is sometimes harder to understand they speaking, so maby thats why offten we dont understand each other.

Fixing the bug from your side for evryone will be dificult because game drops difrent amount of batteries.

Personaly I make save close to end of GC mission and if bug hits I reload game with changed price of batteries for that mission. So I will not break game for myself.

Edited by Alewalek

Oh Alewalek just forget it.It looks like you and TD better understand each other so I will leave this to him.Another reason why I am going to leave this to him is because he is guy behind whole economy system and I don't have to do anything with it.

About part where you say that English isn't our first language and that's why we don't understand each other well ..Hmm I don't know,seems that people perfectly well understand me even though it's clear that my English is far from perfect.

Edited by Sentelin

About part where you say that English isn't our first language and that's why we don't understand each other well ..Hmm I don't know,seems that people perfectly well understand me even though it's clear that my English is far from perfect.

Yea i know I am the bad guy here. :P

well ups...

http://steamcommunity.com/games/223830/announcement...7081810100055774

version reverted to 1.07HF

would it cause something unnatural? Or flying off the map harridans made petition for exploring the unknown aftermap universe and it was accepted by Chris?-))

ps. TD, Sentelin, what about no reaction fire behavior of zombies? could it be reverted too?

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

1.would it cause something unnatural? Or flying off the map harridans made petition for exploring the unknown aftermap universe and it was accepted by Chris?-))

2. ps. TD, Sentelin, what about no reaction fire behavior of zombies? could it be reverted too?

1.You don't need to worry about this because CE 0.25 has that fix included.

2.Yes this is something we can and will do.