Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

Ok, guess I over thunk it then. I suggest maybe removing that 107, because it may lead to some people like me thinking that in order to save in proper GH version you need to write that version. Or since everything else is treated like XCE, then maybe rename the option to "SaveInGHStandard" true/false

So now I've loaded the save, save it with gh107. Reinstalled Xenos. Vanilla can see it, but won't load it because it needs FitH and Lore+. So I instal XCE 0.25HF2, install mods and the game crashes upon loading save. C++ library crash.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f4wbo5nw66ap0q7/community0.25hf2.rar

Here is the link of my XCE with all mods I use, and here is the save.

[ATTACH]5176[/ATTACH]

Either please check why it crashes, or why 0.26 hangs when blowing up stuff as was commented here: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11756-Xenonanuts-hangs-when-blowing-up-the-hedges-with-rockets

Gold_107.sav

Gold_107.sav

I'll check it tomorrow that version then. But I think Lore+ is not up to date then and I think it contains that bug with heavy drone there.

Edit:

Installing Xenos takes me ~10 minutes. So I've had that time and installed from the combined - only Fith and Lore+. Same deal. C++ Runtime library crash upon loading.

Edited by silencer

Lore+ is up to date and works with 1.08 and 1.09, with no further reported issues with the heavy drone bug since 1.06. I have an experimental CE-Enhanced version of Lore+ which you can get if you want. It uses the full features of CE, the current problem is that with my test copy, I have to start a game twice to get it running properly.

Edited by Max_Caine

I'm not quite sure, because I didn't tested it out yet, but it might be ,that no maintenance crew is presented at all. I have 2 games, where after 6 moths of fighting, my soldiers run with Wolf armor and still with basic weaponry.

It's Veteran Iron Man, and I never had such issues with alien plasma pistols before.

I will test a 'bit later on vanilla Iron Veteran, and see, if it's really affected by CE. (I don't use any other mods), so that's why I'm posting it here. May be someone else is having such experience?

Edit:

Yes, I tested Iron man Veteran on vanilla, and almost each enemy ufo had maintenance crew on it presented. But in CE game, I still don't met any of them.

Edited by Anderty

This may be a trivial, or impossible request, but...

Would it be possible for you to set the spreadsheet programs you're using to strip out or omit cell and table metadata on saving? Editing spreadsheet-formatted XML files in Notepad++ isn't so hard, without the metadata making things godawful confusing and inserting random line breaks everywhere.

I have no idea why Excel spreadsheets were chosen for some files, and I certainly have no idea about any Excel saving options that may exist. My preference is really to edit manually in a proper text editor and then also manually edit the row count because Excel cannot count.

I admit, I'm not 100% on it, but I'm fairly sure that the file doesn't even need to contain the row count. I suspect that's yet more metadata in the <Table> tag, which is only useful for spreadsheet files which are, themselves, too lazy to count. I'm betting (my ass, in fact,) that it would work with <Table> bare of metadata.

It does need to contain the row count, and it needs to be correct, or else Excel refuses to open the file. Not a problem for me, but I and others who use a text editor have screwed things up for those who use Excel.

Wow, really?

That's...

A ridiculous headache.

Okay, let me refine my question: does Xenonauts require the correct row count to read from Strings.xml?

I mean, it wouldn't really be hard to put it back in, just count the number of </Row> tags, really. Hell, do a ctrl-H, replacing </Row> with <!-- Morkmorkbjork --> or whatever, write down how many times Notepad++ tells you it replaced it, and then put it back.

Yeah, Xenonauts will work fine regardless of the row count entry. But then some other people try to open the file in Excel and it doesn't work, and then they think something is wrong, and it's a pain in the butt.

That's a real headache. Oh well, it shouldn't be too hard to fix it. It's a shame there are folks out there who can't shake their Micro$uck addictions, though.

I'm sure there's open-source alternatives to Excel. Are they less derptarded about obvious things like that?

Apparently saving the file in LibreOffice also sometimes causes problems when trying to open it in Excel.

It's really stupid that Excel can't count the rows and correct the file itself, instead of just failing to open, but I don't care. Ultimately keeping track of how many rows I add and then changing that one number in the metadata is not a big hassle.