Xenonauts: Community Edition discussion

Solver

Did you see the changelog in the download thread? Do you feel it is somehow insufficient? I am happy to provide better information, but I think the current changelog provides a pretty good overview.

I saw the changelog yes, but its not the same thing as a features list. Some one on the fence about using it, like Lerzan, wont go through all of them to see if theres anything they like, especially since it would be reasonable to assume a change log would be filled mostly with bug fixes or techincal details.

An example feature list would be like:

• Memorial Wall

• Quicksaving added

• speed controls in air combat

• Multi mod loading support (Later in the post, but before the changelog explain how your supposed to install mods for it to work)

• Large sections of the game now moddable

• Put in a few major examples here

[*]And a Ton of bug fixes!

You get what I mean. Just like if you made a mod and were to explain what it does and why someone should get it.

Edited by Foehammer343

The game doesn't serialize savegames in the most convenient way. So something like a JSON converter just wouldn't work, needs something more advanced.

The inability to change base names is really a missing feature, it should be there.

Try the attached game executable: it should give you research working properly. Also attached is the savegame with correct base spelling ;)

Xenonauts.zip

officer inter.sav

Xenonauts.zip

officer inter.sav

Xenonauts.zip

officer inter.sav

After 0.25HF, my saves now load, but now getting crashes when autoresolving air combat against groups of alien interceptors only. Seems replicable for me, but I can't say how valid this is seeing as I have no idea if my old saves are "corrupted" or not (whats the definition in this case?). I mean, they load. Anyway, look out for it please.

Think Ill go back to 0.24 for a while...

Edited by Jace11

Ugh.. so that save file still has a squadron in flight which is of course broken meaning I have to go back to the start of the mission where I captured the officer. And now, this bug is affecting saves created with 0.24 which previously worked fine.

Edited by szyzyg

I saw the changelog yes, but its not the same thing as a features list. Some one on the fence about using it, like Lerzan, wont go through all of them to see if theres anything they like, especially since it would be reasonable to assume a change log would be filled mostly with bug fixes or techincal details.

An example feature list would be like:

• Memorial Wall

• Quicksaving added

• speed controls in air combat

• Multi mod loading support (Later in the post, but before the changelog explain how your supposed to install mods for it to work)

• Large sections of the game now moddable

• Put in a few major examples here

[*]And a Ton of bug fixes!

You get what I mean. Just like if you made a mod and were to explain what it does and why someone should get it.

This would go a long way in showing people who aren't active on the forums what the CE is all about.

Ugh.. so that save file still has a squadron in flight which is of course broken meaning I have to go back to the start of the mission where I captured the officer. And now, this bug is affecting saves created with 0.24 which previously worked fine.

That is starting to sound like a version problem or somethung, that save was perfectly fine for me, squadrons and all.

There still seems to be problem,guy who reported this also applied last CE 0.25 hot fix.

I have had the same problem with X:CE 0.25HF but with the Chinook refusing to land on either crash sites or the base after loading a save on a couple of occasions now. Only mods on were Skitso`s map pack and X:CE.

The second time it happened the only time i had loaded a save was during a GC (the only saves i had were the auto save from the start and end of the combat and a the save in the middle that i reloaded) and after it occurred it would happen if i loaded the Geoscape save at the end of the mission, the save midway through and re-cleared or the autosave at the start and re-cleared. I think the ufo crash site was a scout on a highway if thats any use to you.

Nope, everyone survived. There was definitely some injuries though (when isn't there :D). I had also just captured an alien both times now that i remember. A Reaper on the first game and a Ceasan the second and recaptured the Ceasan every time i replayed it.