(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.0 - "PlatinumDragon" (New Game Universe Mod)

I entered a mission and, after a turn of positioning, the mission ended and I got no money (apparently no enemy spawned).

Will look into it.

after one mission I unlocked alien interrogation for some reason, I had no stun batons, didn't take alien biology, and didn't capture anyone. (maybe alien vortex accidentally disabled another alien?)

Totatally normal. Yes it might have been vortex friendly fire. Or you might have knocked one down by using one of your own weapons. Basically all weapons can knock an alien out (well imagine blowing an aliens arm off...pretty much not battleworthy anymore). But that's not a big chance...more likely:

- you used shotguns (the impact damage can knock sb out)

- you used flashbangs (imagine if you were hit by 5 flashbangs, one after another, now imagine you are a Ceasan with much sharper eyesight...poor guys).

You can see the stun damage being done when you fire (blue numbers).

Has multiple objectives in game,

Mainly as sentelin says:

- Force player to worry about time in mission.

- Waste player explosives

- Create some tactical area of safety to aliens, if you advance through aliens you need to know NEVER finish your turns too close to an egg... you ever imagine things that could happend.

yeah, that was a blast! :D

gotta few CTD in the GC: if this is persistant i will provide a save.

loving the new condor loadout! :D

uhm... not sure if a bug or feature intended on the new alien-egg:

- his fire is aoe? got 2 guys knocked down by a single shot while they were standing near.

- a smoke grenade can kill it? i tossed one of them to get more near and throw a standard frag, but it exploded with the smoke one...

Ok Great mod,

Everything works fine i have the SU10 in hangar it flies and kills so :)

but just one remark about the alienalloys and alerium u get from shot down aliencrafts in my opinion its a bit to little because if it would happen in real time i imagine the whole alien craft would be recovered to every little broken off part.

but this is just my opinion.

regards,

Ok Great mod,

Everything works fine i have the SU10 in hangar it flies and kills so :)

but just one remark about the alienalloys and alerium u get from shot down aliencrafts in my opinion its a bit to little because if it would happen in real time i imagine the whole alien craft would be recovered to every little broken off part.

but this is just my opinion.

regards,

Thank you for your opinion :)

Yes, your got it!, Im actually checking the amount of Alenium recovered from UFOs.

Any other feedback is welcome!

hmm forgot something the shot down aliencrafts would allso be stripped for every little usefell part/armor piece maybe you can make that allso in youre mod the dissassembly off alien craft by the technicians off youre bases?

regards,

I am not entirely sure but this is probably beyond our reach.

I appear to be having a CTD each time I enter air combat, and have been having a few at mission end. I though it was due to the Apollo, but I tried it with Foxtrots and Condors, and it still happened. I can upload a save file if you need it.

Also, well done with the mod in general.

Edited by Killer_Zero

hmm forgot something the shot down aliencrafts would allso be stripped for every little usefell part/armor piece maybe you can make that allso in youre mod the dissassembly off alien craft by the technicians off youre bases?

regards,

This is completely possible. nice idea!

Thank you so much, I'll run some test, this need tons of time but we can make it possible.

:)

Hey guys... great mod btw! I just wanted to let you know that on the geoscape all the UFO's are invisible to me... I can see the text saying UFO 1... 2 etc but the actual UFO cannot be seen. Im not sure if it was intended or not so I thought Id let you know.

Yes, this is the first mod (aside from adding map packs) that I have installed. I made a separate copy of my vanilla game then extracted this one to my assests folder. Im not a tech person by any means, so I just followed your install guide step by step. Hopefully, I didnt mess something up :)

(even with not seeing those ufo's... im having a blast... awesome job) :)

I appear to be having a CTD each time I enter air combat, and have been having a few at mission end. I though it was due to the Apollo, but I tried it with Foxtrots and Condors, and it still happened. I can upload a save file if you need it.

Also, well done with the mod in general.

This should be fixed now,download hotfix

Hellow, I have a question.

Description, that appears when pointing cursor to the weapons, have correct values?

Becose there is writen then the mashine gun have 80% TU use, but this is incorrect =) and what about the others characteristics?

Tnx ))

Just wait a bit, I only implemented half of the sounds in the initial release. That was not intended ^^

The hotfix should fix that, but this time TD forgot the implement them xD

So the hotfix will be hotfixed Soonâ„¢ (just a few minutes?

GooberCat...

hmm so is eveything else working? new aircrafts, battles and such?

Are some kinds of crafts invisible or all of them?

Also, did you try starting a new game after reinstalling?

So far all the UFO crafts are invisable... my own I can see just fine. So far everything in the tactical screen works as intended (I think) and I did start a new game as well.

I just sent Sentelin my specs so I dont clutter up your mod page... Im more then willing to send you guys whatever you need. :)

Im so surprised with how fast you are responding!