(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.0 - "PlatinumDragon" (New Game Universe Mod)

hi,

I updated XNT but now my saved game crash when trying to load it i am going beserk from steam updates especially if dont want them and saved game was after i updated the game have to start all over again.So i start over no appollo no su10 GRRRR.....

I notice that Developers release other update on steam, this updste change Researches.xml. you need to reapply the last FixPatch.

jupilerke1967

Steam is annoying, to make it less so:

1) you could just copy your Xenonauts folder and rename it (then to receive Steam patches you just rename it back as it was)

2)Alternatively, you can turn off auto-updating for Xenonauts in your Steam library. But be warned (as this is counterintuitive) Steam will still update your game the moment you hit the play button :confused:

In both cases you launch the game by going into Steam/Steamapss/common/Xenonauts and opening Xenonauts.exe (thus not using Steam itself)

@Sentelin yes i had an update on steam so i have to apply fix again

have delete Xenonauts from steam gone reinstal it again to many patch and mod applied so fresh instal is needed in my opinion.

@Theon point 2 i know that from previous updates i still dont get it how they come up with such nonsence its an IT thing i guess

that kind off people dont think logic.to eplain myself a time ago i had a lot off trouble with my internet connection so i phoned the provider to complain about me not having internet first thing the provider guy says why dont you mail me? answer i dont have internet

provider guy, ok but email its a lot cheaper answer I DONT HAVE INTERNETCONNECTION.providerguy aha sorry how come you dont have internet? answer i dont know thats why i call you guys. providerguy ok but email would much cheaper.Answer I DONT HAVE INTERNETCONNECTION providerguy OWWW sorry i wil look into it it will take a mom pls try to connect to internet.

i broke off the phone call because i was furious if at that mom if i could lay my hands on the providerguy he would be seriously injured

still getting on my nerves speaking/typing hat conversation

mission 11(beginng of October) and a great F>>>ing big alien appear, that doesn't take any damage from balistic weapons. grenades = 0, rockets = 10 dmg max. c4, i did once 114 dmg to it but did not F>>>ing died, instead it healed herself +50...... wtf is this mod???? and... next mission (8 october) lots of different aliens (LOOOOOTS 30+) on a corvette crash site, again with great anti ballistic armor.... i mean... its ok, but not this early, i don't have the research necessary....

and btw... a lot of crashes when there is plenty of fire around....

Jeez ... If you are going to rant at least do it properly.First try to write feedback using paragraphs and don't jump to other topics in the middle of sentence.

You are also first who complains that game crashes when a lot fire is around which brings me to conclusion you don't have good PC or something else is the problem but at your end .

Did you even try to read this tread from start to finish or OP to see with what kind of mod are you dealing with ?

If this means anything to you we are not really happy with current balance and some mechanics and we are working hard to change them.Also you need to understand that in this mod retreat is always option,like in those two cases you stumbled across.

This mod changes game in very different way and people who are new to it need to play it at least 3-4 times to get all aspects and mechanics (we are going to do something about extremely hard curve because it's hard even for veterans of the mod) and to read all tips and "guides"(we are going to make some kind of manual once we enter in polishing state and stop adding content and mechanics).

Edited by Sentelin

I'll just like to say thank you to the mod developers for greatly improving upon an already amazing game. The randomness of the enemy composition especially adds to the intensity. And the economy changes lets me focus more on the tactical battle instead of stressing about financing. I have missed a week's worth of tasks because of this game! Thanks!

hi,

I updated XNT but now my saved game crash when trying to load it i am going beserk from steam updates especially if dont want them and saved game was after i updated the game have to start all over again.So i start over no appollo no su10 GRRRR.....

I also experienced crashes on a current save with the new update. I think the best thing to do is turn off auto updates to xenonauts but also create a parallel game file which is the modded version, so steam leaves it alone.

:) yeah. i know it's a challenging mod. maybe you should say that it is a work in progress( not a finished mod with updated content that fixes small bugs and does little balance).

sorry for the "mean" appearance of my prior post, although i really like your mod, and i appreciate your really hard work on it, i only wish you all to succeed with it now and in the future.

You're welcome :)

And thanks for the comment. If you have any questions / balance opinnions please let us know.

I haven't seen a problem with balance yet. The larger number of enemies per map makes it more challenging but it helps that some of them are unarmed. :P Most of my questions are really a matter of gameplay; and I'm sure they'll be answered as I continue exploring the mod. The one problem I have is building my soldiers' kits since the item weights have been changed. But that's really just a load-out management issue.

For example, my assault/breacher kit uses the rifle as the primary weapon, since it's more likely to be used than the shotgun until I actually breach a craft. The shotgun is kept in the pack with the C4 and breaching tool. However, I can't put both the rifle and shotgun in the pack because of the dimensions, meaning I have to drop a weapon to use the breaching device. And since the belt is full of grenades now the C4 can't go there either. Whereas in vanilla, the C4 was treated as a secondary weapon and I didn't have that problem. I'll probably just have to cross-load some of the equipment to another soldier.

@ Radw

Well, it is fully playable atm but new content and balance changes will be added. I think that's the case with most (if not all) big mod packs atm (its 2 days after the game was officialy released after all :D).

As for the things you have encountered, they might be balanced out a bit, but think of them as features instead of bugs - the point is to have random encounteres ...not always in your favour.

When you step out of your Charlie you should feel the imminent danger and uncertainty...and not the "KILL'em ALL" attitude. Aborting a mission is offten a good idea (both early and late game). You might have fortgotten or not even known about that option as it isn't used much in Vanilla. Actually I think it was a part of the interface in the original X-com. Here it's hidden in the pop-up menu, so a new player might be less likely to consider it.

And btw - remember that enemy armor is destructible... with every hit it's getting less protective.

just unlocked vortex weapons, and the warhawk II is missing is text in the workshop submenu (####) and his cost is 55$.

finished research on the vortex rifle and no xenopedia description or entry in the workshop build menu.

:) yeah. i know it's a challenging mod. maybe you should say that it is a work in progress( not a finished mod with updated content that fixes small bugs and does little balance).

sorry for the "mean" appearance of my prior post, although i really like your mod, and i appreciate your really hard work on it, i only wish you all to succeed with it now and in the future.

Thank you for your feedback, We have the eyes open to this kind of balance issues, the idea is that players report some random events that can cause wild or too much channeling environment. Yes the mod its challenging, some times very hard, as Theon says, Manufacture provide secure intake of money, so you can abort some missions, not all. There is some points in the game when you NEED to take alien artifacts ASAP, to match the upper Tiers.

just unlocked vortex weapons, and the warhawk II is missing is text in the workshop submenu (####) and his cost is 55$.

finished research on the vortex rifle and no xenopedia description or entry in the workshop build menu.

Hey Guyver thank you for the report!

I will check the entries.

FEEDBACK REQUEST NO.42

Hello Play Testers of XNT Into Darkness,

We'r planning important and interesting content for the next update, any feedback about balance, issues, soldier stats, weapons, damage, accuracy and any that you want to help us is WELCOME.

I put small questions for you:

1- Its easy for you unlock Advanced ballistic weapons? Did you find it usefull?

2- Did you understand the difference Between Su-T10 aircraft, F17 Condor, Mig31 Foxtrot?

3- Did you notice weird AI behavior? Can you give us an example of the unit and the error?

4- How long did you reach in your current game?

Thank you soo much!

Remeber that this mod is made for you,

Actually we'r implementing "UFO Disassembling" Feature for the game and lots lots more content.

I hope all of you like it!

I haven't seen a problem with balance yet. The larger number of enemies per map makes it more challenging but it helps that some of them are unarmed. :P Most of my questions are really a matter of gameplay; and I'm sure they'll be answered as I continue exploring the mod. The one problem I have is building my soldiers' kits since the item weights have been changed. But that's really just a load-out management issue.

For example, my assault/breacher kit uses the rifle as the primary weapon, since it's more likely to be used than the shotgun until I actually breach a craft. The shotgun is kept in the pack with the C4 and breaching tool. However, I can't put both the rifle and shotgun in the pack because of the dimensions, meaning I have to drop a weapon to use the breaching device. And since the belt is full of grenades now the C4 can't go there either. Whereas in vanilla, the C4 was treated as a secondary weapon and I didn't have that problem. I'll probably just have to cross-load some of the equipment to another soldier.

Yes weight and carry calculations has change but soldiers progress more quicker than Vanilla version. I suggest you to over carry your soldiers in ther first missions.

Im checking the C4 explosives. Thanks for your report.

To awnser your questions;

1: I did find them useful, but not massively so. Gave them to most of my more experienced troops, but the SMG and the warhawks have yet to see actual use. The rifle and shotgun have been in use though.

2: I have no clue what use I should have for the SU-10, admittedly I've yet to build one, hence my reluctance.

3: Not particularly. The AI seems to be slighly better about advancing towards cover, even if they do get stuck out in the open for a turn. Seems very good overall.

4: I've just hit the first of december, just build my Shrike and Scimitar, raided my first landing ship, and I'm gearing up to take on the first alien base.

@OrionVL, Thank you Orion, we'r preparing the new xenopedia and lot of polished materialfor the next update. DId you test the V5.0?. Any appointment about the Su-T10?

@Chefsbrian Im very surprised with you performance, in which level of difficulty? Even in Normal reach that moment of the game is crucial and quiet hard. Did you build any Coyote Armor? Did you have Wolf Armor in your current Elite squad?

Thank you about the feedback of Advanced Ballistics, SMG Enforcer looks a bit underpowered at the moment, this weapon needs a little buff, the same way with Warhawks Heavy Pistols.

Any experience wit Zephyr Assault Rifle?

Thank you soo much for your help :cool:

Well, was trying 5.1 just now and it crashed on my first crashsite operation on it's first turn. :\

[ATTACH]4330[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4331[/ATTACH]

Here's my save-games. If I have to redo patching everything I'll be annoyed. :\

I send you a PM to ask you about your issues with auto-updates of Steam.

Tnx to you for a good modding ))

No I not tested the V5.0, but I remember that 4.33 is not so tough as some player says (veteran difficulty).

My first game play was tragedy but the second one is much much more successful (because of covard/caution tactics i use) i'll rather says it was very easy to shot down the corvet and any other UFOs (the MIGs is the KING of the skyes).

But i can be wrong i only playing about 2 months of game time and not engaging a heavy defended ufos in the skys and on the ground.

Hello everyone,

here is a little sound test for you guys so you can see what will wait for you in the next version of XNT!

(The sound is not final mastered and/or some are still missing)

Please tell me if you like it!

[video=youtube;V5W-HGtsBXo]